pumping presta valve?

Printable View

• 09-03-2007
    aLLboutLx
    pumping presta valve?
    I bought a topeak mtn morph today and can't figure out how to pump it. Is there something I am forgetting and need to do?
  • 09-03-2007
    aLLboutLx
    nevermind, i figured that i had to screw the valve all the way up and then switch out the valve for the pump.
  • 09-03-2007
    thatdownhillkid
    yup thats it
  • 09-07-2007
    Mr. G
    I have a topeak Mt. Rocket AL and can't figure out for the life of me how to fill a presta valve. There is no where near a tight seal.

Are you saying you took the entire valve our of the tube/tire?
  • 09-08-2007
    aLLboutLx
    no...on the presta valve i unscrewed it until it hit the top, then i put the pump valve over and started pumping it. flip the little switch on the pump and start pumping. once your done, screw the valve onthe tire back.
  • 09-08-2007
    Dragoneyes
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. G
    I have a topeak Mt. Rocket AL and can't figure out for the life of me how to fill a presta valve. There is no where near a tight seal.

Are you saying you took the entire valve our of the tube/tire?

Did you check your pump? The pump has either two sides to it or the valve unscrews on the pump and the little plastic valve inside it reverses and the rubber guide also.
  • 09-08-2007
    jalopy jockey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aLLboutLx
    no...on the presta valve i unscrewed it until it hit the top, then i put the pump valve over and started pumping it. flip the little switch on the pump and start pumping. once your done, screw the valve onthe tire back.

Is presta french or something for tricky damn thing? It got me for a few minutes when I first swiched over.
  • 09-09-2007
    aLLboutLx
    Yeah it got me for a good 15 minutes, haha.
  • 09-09-2007
    Lawson Raider
    If the Presta valve gets to be a PITA, just go to your LBS and purchase an adapter that screws on top of the Presta valve and makes it into a Schraeder valve. Since my pumps are all Schraeder type, that is what I did, the adapters are like 50 cents each.
  • 09-09-2007
    aLLboutLx
    Never new that, I'll try that out, thansk Lawson Raider.
  • 09-09-2007
    CanadianPreston
    do u need a special tire gauge for the presta valve?