Please help.- Mtbr.com

Thread: Please help.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Please help.

I use to ride bmx for years and hated even thinking of a mountain bike, now I'm 23 and love biking in the nature center and on street and trails.
    *I just bought the Diamondback Response XE Mountain Bike 2012 for $350 from Dickssportinggoods a week ago is this the right bike for me I like jumping and messing around so is this a good/strong bike for me? Or do I need something different? and if so what kind and what is a good bike for me? I would want to stick around $500 600?

And if i should take it the diamondback back to the store what is a good place to shop from that you can get good deals?

Sorry if this is dumb remember I'm new to this so please point me in the right direction.

btw what is a 29er used for? thanks again!

mtbr member
    29er means 29 inch wheel instead of 26. Bigger wheels roll over stuff better among other things.
    Fit and feel are the biggest factors for what bike is good for you. One person might love a bike and another of the same size, skill level and type of terrain and riding may hate it. Ride some, pick the one you like best. Since you have one now just ride and learn, and then you'll know better what you want and like for your next one.
    Bikesdirect and Craigslist are great places to save some dough but there's no substitute for a good LBS, especially for a noob.
    Welcome to the site.
    Round and round we go

mtbr member
    i think you should go return the response and look into getting a dirt jumper bike. it would suit your riding style.

its like if a bmx and a mtb had a kid. best of both worlds. check craigslist i frequently see some kona shreds or something like that for cheap.

Members who have read this thread: 0