Pain in the neck- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2007

Pain in the neck

Anyone have advice on how to eliminate / reduce neck pain? I get some from time to time when I am riding. Not sure if it is due to the bike but my riding position does not seem to help

Thx,

Dave

Don't touch me!
    Quote Originally Posted by djphaneuf
    Anyone have advice on how to eliminate / reduce neck pain? I get some from time to time when I am riding. Not sure if it is due to the bike but my riding position does not seem to help

Thx,

Dave
    Raising your bars will bring your upper body higher up and give your neck a more neutral angle. Of course, this is just a stab in the dark. Could better diagnose if there was a pic of your riding position.
    No offense to KB, but if I see another "Strong, light, cheap. Pick two" line on this site...

MCM# eleventy billion

No offense to thieves, but if I see another "Ride it like you stole it" line on this site...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Lighter Load..

I reduced my neck and back pain to almost none by lightening my camelbak.

Not carrying the water im not gonna drink basically.

at 8# per gallon water is pretty heavy to be carrying around for hours...

MTB'er in Training
    Dec 2006
    My buddy used to complain of neck pain while riding...it was 100% his riding position...his handlebars were too far down causing him to lean over too much and thus causing him to have to "look up" more than normal...
    "Havin' a good time, here today...Watching the sun shine, matinee...Never the wrong time, time we stay...Living the moontime, time we play"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I was having the same issue, I raised my bars and Im good to go

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for all the advice. I went into Trek store for a fitting after which we decreased my stem length and moved seat forward. No pain since. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Members who have read this thread: 0