Nobby nics vs maxxis advantage- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Nobby nics vs maxxis advantage

I was going to probally buy a Pair of Nobby Nic 2.25" Snakeskin Tyres but i heard that Maxxis Advantage Folding Tyres are also good.

So should i buy :-

Pair of Nobby Nic 2.25" Snakeskin Tyres
    for 49.46

Or
    Maxxis Advantage Folding Tyre -2.1" Kevlar 70a 60tpi =22.46
    OR
    2.25" Kevlar 60a 60tpi type?=26.96

thoughts?

atm i tempted to go for the nobbys as they would be cheaper than 2.25 maxxis x2 but not sure 100%

g3h6o3
    It's hard to say when we have no clue what you ride.

FWIW, I have an Advantage 2.25 rear and a Nobby Nic 2.4 front on my AM bike. Both setup tubeless on Flow rims. I'm not helping, I know...
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

mtbr member
    Nobby nic lasted me 30 minutes before I busted the sidewalll...running 40 psi..

Not good for rocky trails....at all

mtbr member
    I have a Nobby Nic Evo up front and a Racing Ralph double defence ar rear. I had 9 puntures since summer and now with the double defence I have not had a single one at the rear. I put a downhill Michelin tube in too. This is a compramise. i was going to go tubless but will stick with this for now, this combo has been recommended to me several times. Mainly singletrack for me though.

mtbr member
    I always run Maxxis, just feel they are the best tyres I know you play that bit more but I like to know when im on the trail my tyres will hold up. just a personal preference though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by walkertalker View Post
    I have a Nobby Nic Evo up front and a Racing Ralph double defence ar rear. I had 9 puntures since summer and now with the double defence I have not had a single one at the rear. I put a downhill Michelin tube in too. This is a compramise. i was going to go tubless but will stick with this for now, this combo has been recommended to me several times. Mainly singletrack for me though.

Seems to me that running a thick, heavy tube like that in a light supple (expensive!) tire kind of defeats the purpose...?

Mountain Man Dan
    I don't hear too many good things about the Nobby Nic.
    The bike is nothing more then circles turning circles, It's the human motor that makes it elegant.

Trying not to kill myself
    The thread is 8 months old so I'm sure the OP already made a decision. But I will chime in and say that I've been running Nobby Nics on my Stumpy for several months and I like them a lot. I switched from Conti Mountain Kings and I've found the traction to be much improved without sacrificing too much rolling speed. Granted I don't live in the desert mountains or anything like that, but there are plenty of rocks around here and the tires are holding up just fine. I have the Snakeskin version and I run them tubeless with psi in the low 20s.

Members who have read this thread: 0