New to MTB and have few questions!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

New to MTB and have few questions!

Hi guys, i am new here and to MTB. I came from racing motocross and sport bike racing. I am looking forward to learn more about MTB.

I am located in Raleigh, NC. I have been riding the local trails so far but eventually want to go ride Beech Mountain and other Enduro/Downhill trails.

I bought a new Specialized Stumpjumper Comp Carbon 29 FSR.

Questions i have; What upgrades do you guys recommend for this bike? Are stock parts good enough?

I will be doing mostly Trail riding around Raleigh, NC trails and next summer i might go try out some Downhill tracks up on the Mountains.

Looking forward to your recommendations.

Thank You
    Zeb

mtbr member
    It's a good bike, so the only upgrades I'd consider would be for personal fit (riser bar vs. flat bar, longer vs shorter stem, wider vs. narrower handlebar, type of grips, platform vs. clipless pedals, seat). Unfortunately, you're on your own to really determine what feels comfortable to you. Other than that, maybe tires that are more popular in your area. Have to ask local riders about that, although I'm led to believe the stock tires will be fine once you get the pressure dialed in.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by watts888 View Post
    It's a good bike, so the only upgrades I'd consider would be for personal fit (riser bar vs. flat bar, longer vs shorter stem, wider vs. narrower handlebar, type of grips, platform vs. clipless pedals, seat). Unfortunately, you're on your own to really determine what feels comfortable to you. Other than that, maybe tires that are more popular in your area. Have to ask local riders about that, although I'm led to believe the stock tires will be fine once you get the pressure dialed in.
    Thank you, i went with specialized flat pedals for now. looking for some nice Flat shoes now.