Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9

    new gary fisher HI FI

    i just bought a2007 gary fisher hi fi this is my first fs bike any suggestions on set up . i am 5' 9" an 180 any help would be great thanks

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    403
    Hey John, welcome. I'm afraid I don't quite catch what you mean by "setting up." Is the bike disassembled?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: srey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    296
    You will need to set the sag for your weight. If you have an air shock and fork you will need a special pump to adjust it. If it is a coil fork you will need to buy a new spring for it (but only if it doesn't sag right). At your weight you will probably be ok with the spring that is probably in your fork(I am pretty sure that it is probably a coil fork). Ask more specific questions and we can help you out more.

  4. #4
    Rod
    Rod is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,190
    Congrats on the new bike....like the others have said elaborate a little more so we can provide better feedback.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    403
    I dunno, the new Hifi's come with either Reba's or Fox's so he may not have a coil fork.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    914

    Search Google for bike fitting info

    You're going to have to do a lot of on-line searching and reading, but you'll find all the info you need. Then after that if you have any questions we're all here to answer. What I really would recommend is if you have the cash having a professional fitting or if you bought if from a LBS they should have set you up correctly with the seat position, seat angle, seat post height (for correct leg extension), then stem and spacer adjustments. The LBS should have done all this for free before you even took the bike out the door.
    If you're not falling, then you're not riding fast enough!
    Ibex Asta Pro SE & Giant XTC-2

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    136
    congrats on the purchase, gary fisher FTW!
    try posting this on the gary fisher forum too you'll probably find your answers there...

  8. #8
    Big Wheeler
    Reputation: Encierros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53
    congrats John!

    like the others said...
    If you have Fox suspension check out their website. There's an extensive downloadable manual / maintenance guide for all their products on the tech center.

    should have mine this weekend (fingers crossed)

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by EclipseRoadie
    Hey John, welcome. I'm afraid I don't quite catch what you mean by "setting up." Is the bike disassembled?
    no its all together just wondeering about suspension the users manual isnt very clear

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9
    it comes with a manitou relic front fork and a fox float rp3 rear

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by baraant
    You're going to have to do a lot of on-line searching and reading, but you'll find all the info you need. Then after that if you have any questions we're all here to answer. What I really would recommend is if you have the cash having a professional fitting or if you bought if from a LBS they should have set you up correctly with the seat position, seat angle, seat post height (for correct leg extension), then stem and spacer adjustments. The LBS should have done all this for free before you even took the bike out the door.
    they showed me a few things but not any thing u mention

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Encierros
    congrats John!

    like the others said...
    If you have Fox suspension check out their website. There's an extensive downloadable manual / maintenance guide for all their products on the tech center.

    should have mine this weekend (fingers crossed)
    i went to there sight .icould find my shock(float rp3) but when i click on the manual it gives me a list of 3 other ones that arent mine .maybe i did something wrong i will check again

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9
    thanks for the help everybody very much appreciated

  14. #14
    Big Wheeler
    Reputation: Encierros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by john k m
    i went to there sight .icould find my shock(float rp3) but when i click on the manual it gives me a list of 3 other ones that arent mine .maybe i did something wrong i will check again
    here's a direct link to the site i was referring to:
    http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/index.htm

    http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...008_om_eng.htm
    on the left there's a menu that answered a lot of my questions

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Encierros
    here's a direct link to the site i was referring to:
    http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tech_center/index.htm

    http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...008_om_eng.htm
    on the left there's a menu that answered a lot of my questions
    thanks that helps . the first link has just what i was looking for

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.