New free ride bike for 279 dollars- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New free ride bike for 279 dollars

Hi guys just want to know if I can use this for AM free ride the quality looks good and its a mngoose

http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Men-s-M...n-Bike/8399258

It's all about the FSR!
    I would avoid that bike like the plague. Save your money for something of better quality. That bike really isn't made for anything more than a paved path or a dirt road.

mtbr member
    No its a FS bike good for jumping

mtbr member
    Is that your BMC? This can't be a serious thread if you're riding that.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

T.W.O.
    Is this a joke? Freeride, jumping?

mtbr member

Of course you can ride this AM and Free Ride. Mongoose is a very good brand. The bike would more than likely break and you would then be in hospital.

?
    Last edited by mitzikatzi; 04-24-2011 at 02:22 AM.
    Duct tape iz like teh Force. It has a Lite side and a Dark side and it holdz the Universe together.

mtbr member
    §hit I will be doing 4ft drops in the first day no problem look how thick the frame is. I don't see why you all spend so much on those other bikes when you could just get a fully from wallmart for a few hundred bucks

You haters are just jealous because you paid so much for your bikes and I found a good deal at Wall Mart I am taking my new bike and going to the Alps

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    jpeters...that bike looks great for downhill but for am/fr you oughta look at this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Titan-Puni...-Bike/15734251

you just got do it all on bike named the "punisher"...right?

attn: all previous respondents to this thread report at once to have your sarcasm-dar checked

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    its got half the name of a really famous mountain resort in it so it has to be AWESOME!!!!! I say go for it!!!!! If I didnt put so much money in my mtb already I would be all over that. In fact I heard that with that bike your love life improves as well!!

mtbr member
    Yeah I will be the king §hit eat your hearts out you Free Riders you paid 2 much for your rigs should have got a Titan Punisher now your going to get punished by the Titan

mtbr member
    LOL so I live in Germany I love this forum you all should see what some people ride here lol. We have lots more cyclists here so its normal for grown men to ride the department store bikes like its nothing. I love how you all rag on the DP bikes lol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    WOW!!!!! those bikes rule, just imagine the air time you could get jumping off a curb, now that would be epic and that TItan is a UNI-SEX bike it does not get better than that

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 918biker
    WOW!!!!! those bikes rule, just imagine the air time you could get jumping off a curb, now that would be epic and that TItan is a UNI-SEX bike it does not get better than that
    Yeah I am going to get my wife one as well and bam still cheaper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    That Titan has gobbs of shock travel, that front fork is just as good if not better than my Marzocchi...I want race that bike in the next Sea Otter Downhill race

Rabid Lana fan
    I think the OP is right, the BlackComb should be able to handel free-ride because "Four-bar vertical spring aluminum suspension frame and RST suspension fork make this bike as tough as they come".

It's science.
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt I here
    rOCktoberfest 2015 pt II here

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by net wurker
    I think the OP is right, the BlackComb should be able to handel free-ride because "Four-bar vertical spring aluminum suspension frame and RST suspension fork make this bike as tough as they come".

It's science.
    Don't forget about this: "Alloy forged 3-piece crank set only adds to the bikes toughness".

Also, make sure to get one of those padded cruiser seats with springs on them, to ease the bumps of the gnarly terrain you'll be tearing up. Remember, the more padding the better!

Might not be a bad idea to get the 1yr replacement plan, only $6. Not that it'll be needed but just in case someone gets in your way and you have to face plant yourself into a tree to avoid ruining someone elses day..

Larry

Cantankerous Old Fart
    The "Rugged tires" on the "punisher" sold me!

Does that mean they have carpeting on them?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Those tires are designed for shag style carpet, that rear suspension set up is frickin' awesome its ahead of its time. I bet i could kill a 4 to 5 inch wheelie drop onto a flat and it would not even phaze it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The Titan is a Crankworks and Slopestyle heavy duty Red Bull Rampage machine

mtbr member
    NO NO for real imagine a grown man hitting the trails with the titan punisher DA DA DA Here I come to punish you.

Cantankerous Old Fart
    Those tires are designed for shag style carpet, that rear suspension set up is frickin' awesome its ahead of its time. I bet i could kill a 4 to 5 inch wheelie drop onto a flat and it would not even phaze it.

WOW, that would make it an awesome DCS bike. (down carpeted stairs)

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    PLUSH thats the word i use to describe it

Cantankerous Old Fart
    PLUSH thats the word i use to describe it

Man, I can see myself doing drops off the living room sofa on that sucker.

Will those "rugged tires" still work on Berber? I replaced the shag carpet W/berber last year.

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeters
    NO NO for real imagine a grown man hitting the trails with the titan punisher DA DA DA Here I come to punish you.
    These stupid threads about walmart bikes is enough punishment but considering idiots do go on trails with these bikes is funny and never gets old laughing about it.

mtbr member
    I had a full suspension bike from walmart it was extremly heavy and the fork shocks were actually fake so everytime i tried going over a jump id get jerked and almost crash

EDIT: go ahead and get one just make sure the shocks are real

S&G CREW
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aaabronco
    I had a full suspension bike from walmart it was extremly heavy and the fork shocks were actually fake so everytime i tried going over a jump id get jerked and almost crash

EDIT: go ahead and get one just make sure the shocks are real
    Can we see some video please and fake shocks on a $100 bike i find this hard to believe

What could go wrong ...
    Just rip this sticker off and go for it .... and with this setup if you really want to go fast you can fill the cage with rocks ... your health insurance is all paid up ... right
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    I used to ride to Win ... Now I ride to Grin

While my guitar gently weeps, my bike sits there mocking me

Freshly Fujified

Buy it...

Then go to the next aisle to buy your parachute. Meet me at the skydiving club when you're finishedwith your purchases.....
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Braille Riding Instructor
    Jan 2008
    I like that the Punisher doesn't specify whom or what is getting punished. The answer, of course, is whomever happens to be riding it.

Good thread.

EDIT: I should proofread better.
    Last edited by hdparrish; 04-24-2011 at 05:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    What the hell was I thinking buying a spendy AM rig with a Talas 36 fork when I could've bought a truly huckin' FR at wallyworld when I was picking up a 24-pack of TP, laundry detergent, and some CFL lightbulbs anyway. One-stop shopping taking advantage of everyday low prices rocks. I'm going to build the rest of my stable with Sam Walton's help.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The shock travel must be amazing, they have become my dream bike one day i will have one day Oh yes one day

mtbr member
    Yeah just got my new Wallygoose out today on the playground got mad air off the sand box after that I did a vertical climb up a curb to a back flip off the slide. This bike is the §hit way better than my 18 speed HT huffy it just eats up the bumps better than all your silly free rider bikes. Wally world is the future of free ride pretty soon you will see these babies winning world champion DH races

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    This is a mongoose. Although the stickers on the walgoose say mongoose it's a totally different breed of bike.

Listen to the sarcasm and take heed, the walgoose will hospitalise you if you take it off the pavement

Edit, just realised your post is a joke, I'm clearly too tired
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New free ride bike for 279 dollars-58d11a1c.jpg  

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    LOL so I live in Germany
    Did you pick up the latest Jon Tesh cd while you were at wallfart buying that recycled pop can? Germans used to know something about quality, what happened?
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper expert 29
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by curtboroff
    Did you pick up the latest Jon Tesh cd while you were at wallfart buying that recycled pop can? Germans used to know something about quality, what happened?

Nope we like the wally world bikes and I am not actually German I've just live in Germany for a long time now. IM AMERICAN!!! I am the only guy in the country who doesn't recycle driving a big gas guzzling F350 with a lift kit and a big American flag in the window. I said Im American you dang Germans and wally world is coming to get ya

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    Nope we like the wally world bikes and I am not actually German I've just live in Germany for a long time now. IM AMERICAN!!! I am the only guy in the country who doesn't recycle driving a big gas guzzling F350 with a lift kit and a big American flag in the window. I said Im American you dang Germans and wally world is coming to get ya
    I'm glad that were rid of your poser @$$!
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by curtboroff
    I'm glad that were rid of your poser @$$!
    You say this to all of the men in the armed services you poser a§§? Your probably to scared to pick up a gun and defend your loved ones Im sure your the kind of guy who lets your mom protect you

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    You say this to all of the men in the armed services you poser a§§? Your probably to scared to pick up a gun and defend your loved ones Im sure your the kind of guy who lets your mom protect you
    Been there, done that. Now I have my own family to protect. And you are the only one I was referring to. Your a poser because you run your mouth about a walmart bike.
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Calm down people, it's just a bike!!! American, german who cares. I'm English, does that matter, I also ride a proper mongoose, does anyone care.

Think it's time to chill out lads and stop being children, it's just a bike

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    Haha. No anger here, just runnin my mouth. This guy asks for our opinion, than goes off like some know it all 14yo punk when he doesn't hear what wants. This is just me having fun at his expense.
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah, you gotta believe someone's trolling when they post "new free ride bike for $279" (I'd be shocked at the level of cluelessness if they're actually serious) but it's still fun to take the bait and give them some good-natured grief.

College Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoke2
    Just rip this sticker off and go for it .... and with this setup if you really want to go fast you can fill the cage with rocks ... your health insurance is all paid up ... right
    I can never get over the fact that walmart acts like these are true mountain bikes and tried to sell them as they can go off road but slaps that sticker on them saying otherwise.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by roxnroots
    Yeah, you gotta believe someone's trolling when they post "new free ride bike for $279" (I'd be shocked at the level of cluelessness if they're actually serious) but it's still fun to take the bait and give them some good-natured grief.
    There's nothing wrong with the freeride bike that come with the emergency landing self-ejecting seat

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885
    There's nothing wrong with the freeride bike that come with the emergency landing self-ejecting seat
    Oh, now you did it. I've got another case of rig upgraditis coming on, I . . . must . . . have . . . ejector seat (with ti rails option).

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by roxnroots
    Oh, now you did it. I've got another case of rig upgraditis coming on, I . . . must . . . have . . . ejector seat (with ti rails option).
    Yeh, and might as well make some money taking soil sample(s)

Still New

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Wow.

Good for you, JPeters.

I have to admit, it gets so tiring hearing the same walgoose rhetoric again and again. I gave up trying to steer away from that stuff a while ago. Look at you, though, you didn't have a meltdown until post 600...good on ya!!

BTW, I ordered my wife the Trailfox from CC, but they didn't have the XS in stock, so they are sending me the Speedfox. Fingers crossed that she likes it.

Cantankerous Old Fart
    I am the only guy in the country who doesn't recycle driving a big gas guzzling F350 with a lift kit :

And you're proud of being ignorant in that resect?

mtbr member
    Yeah I was stationed over here in Germany and just wanted to get a laugh so I started this post. Next of thing I know curtboroff is insulting me for no reason kind of pissed me off sorry for the out burst. I guess all of you guys who like to joke around are all posers sorry Mr. curtboroff did not mean to offend you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XCSKIBUM
    And you're proud of being ignorant in that resect?

LOL no its a joke its funny thats how the Germans see us ha ha sorry

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by will-lee wonka
    Wow.

Good for you, JPeters.

I have to admit, it gets so tiring hearing the same walgoose rhetoric again and again. I gave up trying to steer away from that stuff a while ago. Look at you, though, you didn't have a meltdown until post 600...good on ya!!

BTW, I ordered my wife the Trailfox from CC, but they didn't have the XS in stock, so they are sending me the Speedfox. Fingers crossed that she likes it.
    I love my bike good quality the Speed Fox is even better unless you needed a 140mm bike I would say you are good.

Still New
    "I am the only guy in the country who doesn't recycle driving a big gas guzzling F350 with a lift kit"

hmmm..... now there's a thought... a mtb with a lift kit....

mtbr member
    That warning on the Titan Punisher page is classic.....

Old Punk
    Sep 2010
    sorry Mr. curtboroff did not mean to offend you.
    None taken. Until you called me mr., that's my dad.lol
    If that's just your deeeep sense of humor, than I apologize for taking you seriously. Maby when you get stateside you should take up acting.
    These bikes do have a place. If your strapped for $ and just can't wait to ride or if your not sure if you will like mtb than it's great. I bought a 24" wally mongoose(made by pacific cycles btw) for my son for his 10th bday. He wore it out in 2 seasons, but he learned the basics of mtb riding/maintenance with it. I bought him a used 26" diamondback for his 13th last December and we are going to start riding 12/24 hr marathons as a father son team.
    But with that bike I learned a lesson, a used shop bike for the same $ is infinitely better.
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

Members who have read this thread: 0