hi all I have been a mountain biker since I was 18.....started out on some dept store bikes, then upgraded to a diamondback outlook, then a cannondale m400.....stopped riding fir awhile till I picked up a raleigh m-80 and put a rockshock 21R on it..... that one got stolen and was off the bike for a few years till I picked up a used haro vector hardtail.......then life got in the way and was away for 10 years....I got back in to mountain biking to lose weight and exercise.....bought a genesis V2100 rode it a bit,then I had some medical issues and almost died... 1 1/2 years later I was able to start riding again.....after riding the V2100 around awhile I decided it was too heavy and didnt like the bob created by the suspension..... cant work due to some medical issues, but I have started hitting garage sales and picking up cheap bikes and repairing them with parts bikes.....I found a 97 specialized rockhopper for $5 that was in sad shape.....I cannabalized the V2100 to get the rockhopper going for now..... when I can I am gonna upgrade parts to better stuff..... I also have my "townie" which is an old murray with street tires and a rack.....got it for $2 and am in it for less than $20 so if it gets stolen I am not out much...