New Corratec Bowl Bike / New Rider- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2015

New Corratec Bowl Bike / New Rider

Hello, first post and new rider. Long story short, I'm currently 43 and wanted a trail bike to get out and challenge myself and have some fun. That said, I met a guy who owns a bike shop who offered me a brand new Corratec Bowl XC for $400 and I took him up on the offer. I know it's a German made full suspension bike, but can't find too much about them online. I'm hoping that it is a decent entry model that I can learn that can stick around as I improve.

The bike has Shimano LX components and seems decent. But again I'm in the dark on these things. Hopefully you can tell me more about it than I know. Thanks for your insights and thoughts.
    New Corratec Bowl Bike / New Rider-dsc_0041.jpgNew Corratec Bowl Bike / New Rider-dsc_0039.jpgNew Corratec Bowl Bike / New Rider-dsc_0038.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Haha guess that's what I get for buying it - no one really knows anything about them over here in the states. Including me. I am amazed though that there's not much about corratec online, let alone this specific model. Especially as many bikes and models they build and offer. No matter though. Gonna ride it till it breaks and regardless will be my entry bike For this beginner.

Cheers.

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddyhair View Post
    I met a guy who owns a bike shop who offered me a 12 year old Corratec Rocklight Bowl for $400 and I took him up on the offer.
    Fixed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I'm not sure it's 12 years old. Do you have a source? He said it was 2009-2011 model? Anything else to add since you seem to have some knowledge of the bike?
    Last edited by Ruddyhair; 02-16-2015 at 08:00 AM.

B A N N E D
    Apr 2007
    Ask Corratec, if they reply I think they'll probably tell you it's a 2003 model.

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/CORRATEC

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Will do, thank you Cobba.

I contacted the store I bought it from, and they say they honestly didn't think it was that old thinking it 2009-2011 model due to adjustable front suspension and newer Shimano Deore LX components. Apparently it was in the back storage room for some time. But they are giving me $100 back for the trouble and to ensure it's a square deal. Good people to deal with, and I'm happy with it. And no matter really, I'm thinking it will serve it's purpose well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruddyhair View Post
    I contacted the store I bought it from, and they say they honestly didn't think it was that old thinking it 2009-2011 model due to adjustable front suspension and newer Shimano Deore LX components. Apparently it was in the back storage room for some time. But they are giving me $100 back for the trouble and to ensure it's a square deal. Good people to deal with, and I'm happy with it. And no matter really, I'm thinking it will serve it's purpose well.
    A few weeks ago I was presented with this model. Red. I talked to Corratec support via e-mail and could say that this is exactly the 2003 model. And there is nothing wrong with that. I think that there are many classic and superb models from the 90s and 2000s.
    I really like this bike and as I see it is is high quality.

Here I am looking for an instruction user manual and service manual for this model but still can not find them. I asked the manufacturer about this, but they just answered me that unfortunately they have no more access to the instructions for this model. Maybe someone here have or can find it?
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    There does not appear to be anything on that bike that requires its own instruction manual. What specific instructions do you hope to find in such a manual that would not be covered by general service instructions for the parts on it? IME, the manuals that come with most bikes are extremely generic and don't tell you anything about the bike that is not obvious. Repair help websites like Park would be a better resource.

In other words, don't waste your time looking for one.

mtbr member
    Meaningless words. I do not agree with you. I just want to find the original manual anyway.

mtbr member
    I am curious now- what's so special about the original manual that you want it so badly? If the manufacturer can't get it for you, perhaps a dealer can find one. Otherwise, have fun with that wild goose chase!

mtbr member
    I am also curious and wondering, why are you trying hard to dissuade me from having instructions ;-)
    OK, it is a good idea but, unfortunately here is no official dealer of Corratec here, in our place.
    Besides I am talking about service manual as well. I understand that finding them is not an easy task.

mtbr member
    I just hate seeing people waste time looking for redundant information. The "service manual" is not going to tell you anything that you can't easily find in the individual manuals from the parts' manufacturers. Find those and you'll have all the service information you'll ever need. There does not appear to be anything proprietary about that bike that would make a service manual from the bike manufacturer of much use.

It's like asking for a service manual for tying the laces on my sneakers. Regardless of who made them, the instructions would all be the same.

mtbr member
    As I see you are very unjust, wrong and ungracious. All that you said is wrong. I am not looking any redundant information. If you are not a small child, you should understand that.
    It is very strange that you write so many unnecessary messages here. Now itís obvious how you got so many posts on this forum.
    I ask you not to waste time and please do not write anything else to me here.

mtbr member
    Weirdest MTBR interaction ever.

I live to bike
    For what it's worth, owner's manuals for bikes from all the companies are basically the same. They don't cover much in the way of service at all. They basically just tell you to periodically inspect your bike, take it to a professional when something is wrong, and list the warranty. The only info you'll get that will differ from the manual of any other bike is the warranty, since each manufacturer had their own warranty policies.

Anyway, OP it looks a bit older but in good shape and will serve you well as a beginner.
    Stop in at Element Sports. www.elementsport.com
    Get Out! Have Fun!