New bike purchase help.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009

New bike purchase help.

Within the next week I will be purchasing a new bike. I have not rode a bike in many years and do not have any idea what I should buy. My budget is from 500- 700. I need a bike that has double wall wheels, disc brakes, and decent components. I am currently looking at a Hardrock sport disc ( but do not like to paint scheme), a specialized rock hopper comp disc, a gary fisher advance disc, a giant yukon, and a trek 4300. I will just be riding the bike for rehab purposes for now but I would like a bike that will be capable if my horizons open up and I want to do simple trail riding in the future. The top picks for me are the Hardrock, and the rock hopper. I would like to know what people think of these hardrocks and rockhoppers before I go out and buy. All of your help would be much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Also, do you guys think it is possible that I could find a good deal on an 09 rockhopper comp disc? I do not know what time of year to be looking for last years models is.

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielocean
    Also, do you guys think it is possible that I could find a good deal on an 09 rockhopper comp disc? I do not know what time of year to be looking for last years models is.
    i agree it is very much worth it to save up for the rockhopper comp disc, u get the much better frame, and the disc ready wheels. upgrading from the base RH to disc brakes is going to be very expensive, since you'll need wheelset + brakes

its going to be hard to find a 2009 RH comp disc now, but if u do, i say shoot for it right away. go to every store in your local area, and call the ones that are farther away to see if they have it. you are sure to get a big discount on it.
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I just purchased an 2009 RH Comp Disc 29er

MSRP was about $990
    I paid about $770

Specialized dropped the prices on the RH Comp Disc 29er for 2010. I believe the 2010 MSRP is $830.

LBS was willing to drop the higher 2009 price to the below the 2010 price...

Double check the 2010 prices versus the 2009 price...even if discounted as last years model.

Members who have read this thread: 0