need for upgrade advice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

need for upgrade advice

i bought a giant yukon fx,i'm a motocross rider but i'm new to mountain biking,i like the bike,but i did not think i would progress so rapidly,ive only be riding for a few weeks but i can handle the bike pretty well,and i feel as if my riding level is surpassing my front fork.its a rock shox dart 2 model

any suggestions for a descent front end fork for under 300$ that will allow me to hit some 4ft dropoffs without destroying the shock
    also i am 6'3 210lbs if that matter

anyone selling a used shoot me a pm also

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    "...front end fork" is redundant.

At 6'3" and 210lbs I'd look not only at a new fork but a whole new bike. No joke! With or without "4 foot drops...", a person of your size (with a moto-x background) will destroy the bike - and maybe yourself in the process. Sell your rig now before it breaks / becomes a money-pit and shop for a sturdy-build.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    the bike has been upgraded to fit my size and style by my shop free of,charge,i.e stem handlebars crank etc,but the fork is the weak point,ive read so shitty reviews about the fork,this is my xc trail bike,so its not gonna be used for freeriding,thats why i'm purchasing a glory 1 or big hit fsr 3,so i realy just need fork upgrade advice

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    It's a relief to know this bike probably won't see too many 4-foot drops. Maybe some others will chime-in with picks for a fork. This may be the time to consider upgrading the (front) hub to accommodate a 20mm thru-axle also.

Members who have read this thread: 0