Need help removing front thru axel wheel- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Bonking ... not feelin' well Need help removing front thru axel wheel

So I'm trying to remove my front wheel to fix a flat, The fork is a Marzocchi Drop Off 3, thru axel setup, there are 2 screws on the bottom side of the forks arms, I unscrewed them, but nothing happened,........ tried to turn the big bolt on the side nothing happened....? I donno what else to do? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

H.E.R
    Mar 2007
    First you have to unscrew the 4 screws at the bottom of the fork to were there pretty loose then you remove the big axle, it should then come apart real simple. I had the same problem, but i eventually figured it out. hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    there are only 2 screws on the bottom of my fork, but once I remove them do i push the axel thru or do i have to uncrew something???

I post too much.
    Unscrew the pinch bolt on each dropout, no need to completely unscrew them, just have them real loose. Now simply unscrew one of the black caps at the end of the axle completely off with a hex key, and slide the axle out of the fork/hub.

It's that simple, you'll wonder why you just didn't do that in the first place.

Members who have read this thread: 0