asdffg

need a frame pump for around $20

i was checking out the topeak mini blaster ($13 at pricepoint), but i am open to any ideas! please suggest a decent frame pump at around $20 or less.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    assume you mean mini pump...

i have this one... bought it because it also has co2 option on it... 12g unthreaded or threaded co2's... used it a few times when i've had a slowish leak on my bike to get me back to the car... i always carry a few 12g's with me (left over from my paintball days)... if it comes to it i can pump... or if somone needs some air they can pump... it's slow and tedious... but it'll get you off the trail... and thats the point of a mini pump isn't it.
    http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...20Mini%20Pumps
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

asdffg
    thanks, more suggestions are welcome too though. i will probably make a purchase today.

if someone could look at www.pricepoint.com, i would like to be able to get one off of there so i could just add it to my current ongoing cart.

mtbr member
    if u can swing it, get this one... i have the turbo version which had a gauge on it and its the best pump you can get.. airs up a 2.35 tire in about a minute and it has a fold out leg so its like a mini floor pump. i've used a cb mini and a blackburn mini hand pump and they both take forever to pump up a tire. the topeak mountain or turbo morph is the way to go.. i even use it on my road bike

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/169...Morph-Pump.htm

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by tkblazer
    if u can swing it, get this one... i have the turbo version which had a gauge on it and its the best pump you can get.. airs up a 2.35 tire in about a minute and it has a fold out leg so its like a mini floor pump. i've used a cb mini and a blackburn mini hand pump and they both take forever to pump up a tire. the topeak mountain or turbo morph is the way to go.. i even use it on my road bike

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/169...Morph-Pump.htm
    I had one of those (Topeak Mountain Morph).

Pros: It worked really well both at home and on the trail. I especially liked the fold down foot pedal and the fact it uses a hose. Much easier to pump up a tire on the trail and is compact enough to fit in most hydration packs.

Cons: It required constant attention with little things always coming loose and eventually it literally fell apart. I think I paid almost $40 for the one I had.

If it holds together, it really is a great pump to use.
    --------------------------------------------
    I still have the Blackburn Mammoth pump I bought back in 1996. The red anodizing has faded a bit, but that thing just refuses to die and works pretty well compared to most mini-pumps and is a little cheaper than the Topeak.

mtbr member
    I also suggest buying the ones that allow co2 as well, had I known about them b4 xmas thats what I woulda gotten.

mtbr member
    you cant go wrong with either Topeak or Blackburn mini pumps. i bought two Topeak Master Blaster pumps a couple years back (one for me and one for my brother), after a lot of use both pumps are still going strong. I believe that both Topeak and Blackburn have lifetime warranties of their pumps.

I dont like C02 pumps unless your an xc racer and you need to fill up a tube ASAP. C02 cartridges are just one more thing that ends up littering the trails or ending up in landfills.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by InvictaS1
    you cant go wrong with either Topeak or Blackburn mini pumps. i bought two Topeak Master Blaster pumps a couple years back (one for me and one for my brother), after a lot of use both pumps are still going strong. I believe that both Topeak and Blackburn have lifetime warranties of their pumps.

I dont like C02 pumps unless your an xc racer and you need to fill up a tube ASAP. C02 cartridges are just one more thing that ends up littering the trails or ending up in landfills.
    For the life of me I could not understand what anyone was talking about when they said "Co2 ends up littering and ruining trails." Now I understand they are just talking about people throwing the cylinders out on the trail..

I figure if you bring it in you should take it out with ya.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    i've yet to see a c02 cartage on the trail... heck only stuff i see is from paintballers leaving their trash...

but i can see where some arsehat would leave em... i got the pump for under $10... i figured why not... i had a bunch of co2 12g still... i'd much rather use them then spend my time pumping a high volume 29er tire haha... also has both presta and schrader valve bits right on the face of the pump...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Ya I would rather use .60$ cartridges to fill a tire quick than sit and pump

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    haha me to... and when I get home i'll save $5 or whatever by patching my tube ... i think i've got one tube thats got 4 patches on it now... holding strong good thing a patch kit is $1 and patches A LOT of tires tires... just don't pinch the tire between the beat... theres no patching that haha
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

banned
    Blackburn has a minipump with a big Al barrel. I have two of them. I think they're called the Mammoth. I would not use anything else. They actually fill the tire without pumping 900 times.

Members who have read this thread: 0