need advice- Mtbr.com

Thread: need advice

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

need advice

I'm 6'1"about 220lbs mostly enjoy riding single track areas around me are pretty hard packed dirt with few major obstacles not looking at doing drop offs or anything of that nature. but the bike has to be comfortable enough to scoot around all day on rail trails and gravel trails with the little ones.

wanted to stay around the 1000 mark i have found a private sell brand new old stock 2014 specialized crave pro 29er msrp 2400CND take1200.

on a different note used 2015 giant stance 2 27.5" mspr 1700CDN take 1100

anyone have knowledge about stance rear suspension its not the maestro rear end

also I'm open to any advice on alternate bikes wasn't thinking full suspension but the stance 2 has me
    intrigued.

thanks for the help.
    Last edited by REC_RIDE; 03-13-2016 at 09:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    29ER hard tail would fit well with how you think you will ride it.Be aware that will most likely change. Brands don't matter much,get the fit right first . Get the best frame you can fit in your budget ,you can change /wear out a lot of parts with the right frame. You might check the online sellers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Is the Crave new from a shop or just slightly used and from private owner? I looked it up on Bikepdia for you and it says MSRP $2000, not $2400. Frankly, I look at that ike spec and have no idea why it costs $2k new. It has a Fox fork, but that is model seems more like Fox's low budget fork, headset screams "you aint ever getting me off!". and there's nothing else on that bike I'd want for $2k.

It could still be a great bike, you don't have to have great components. Those will certainly et the job done. just get it for $1k or less.

2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29 - BikePedia

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    He's Canadian so pricing is different currently.

REC_RIDE if you could use the Edit Post function to simplify what you have provided and start a new line by pushing ENTER with a subject change it'll be easier for everyone.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    An Ebay seller has a 2015 Kona Taro for sale..size Large, floor display (new old stock). Seems to be from a bike shop with a good rating. Sorry, I don't have a computer at home to link for you, but I'd check it out..it's a very good bike and fits your budget. Good luck.