My New Bike!- Mtbr.com

Thread: My New Bike!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

My New Bike!

I purchased this 2009 Specialized FSR XC Comp from our local listings for $425. It's in great shape with very minimal scratches. I've been mountain biking for about 3 months using my buddy's wife's bike. Recently saw this guy and jumped for it let me know what you think!

It rides so much better then the HT i was borrowing even though I'm very grateful for it.

Sorry for bad phone pics but you get the idea.

Last edited by Hobkins; 10-20-2011 at 07:58 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The pictures are not showing up for me just showing" ??". Anyways it is always nice to have a new bike. Does it fit you properly and are you comfortable on it?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    There we go should be fixed and yes it fits me best out of everything I've tried which is really only a select few bikes but with my price limit I figured this was a good enough deal to take a shot in the dark. But yall are the experts was this a good choice?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    The pictures work now. Incase you didn't look yet here is the review for the bike Specialized FSRxc Comp XC Full Suspension Reviews.

It looks like a nice bike, I like the color. It seems like a good beginner xc bike that you can upgrade later depending on what you want. Also 425 is a good deal, seems totally worth the price. Just make sure you ride the hell out of the bike and have fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    This weekend I get to take my new bike out on the road. I am recovering from wrist surgery so I am going to take it easy.
    Just Ride.

ventanakaz
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobkins View Post
    I purchased this 2009 Specialized FSR XC Comp from our local listings for $425. It's in great shape with very minimal scratches. I've been mountain biking for about 3 months using my buddy's wife's bike. Recently saw this guy and jumped for it let me know what you think!

It rides so much better then the HT i was borrowing even though I'm very grateful for it.

...cool man. the most important thing is that your having fun, The bike looks good...ralph
    i need to ride more. building jumps takes to much time...my other hobby is kicking the crap outta my home built mook jong.

mtbr member
    Nice bike. FSRs are sweet.

mtbr member
    Is it just me or do the bars look a little odd?

I think you might want to rotate them back a little bit, and adjust the brake levers/shifters accordingly. The "Up-Sweep" on them should be back-sweep. and then your brake levers should be at about a 45 degree down. This should improve your comfort and control. However, if it is working for you, then F what I say!

It looks sweet man, I really like that bike. That color looks really nice in person too.

mtbr member
    Score!!

Freshly Fujified

Yes, the bars are not as they should be

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMarv View Post

I think you might want to rotate them back a little bit, and adjust the brake levers/shifters accordingly. The "Up-Sweep" on them should be back-sweep. and then your brake levers should be at about a 45 degree down. This should improve your comfort and control. However, if it is working for you, then F what I say!

It looks sweet man, I really like that bike. That color looks really nice in person too.
    I noticed that too. They definitely need to be moved downards a bit. Beyond that, the bike is a nice ride, especially at the price paid.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMarv View Post

Well I'm very glad u said something going riding tomorrow so after work ill for sure adjust them and see if feels even better . Thanks for comments .

mtbr member
    Sweet deal ... congrats!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Which way do i roll my handlebars? I can't really figure out which way you guys are telling me to go with them?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    they are fine - they make the bike look like a raindeer!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    The bar needs to rotate towards the saddle. Nice bike, Congrats and have fun!

No good in rock gardens..
    Sweet. IMO Spec. make some of the best looking full sussers out there.
    Less isn't MOAR

Just Ride
    Cool bike!
    SS ==> Nut up or Shut up!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    That looks fantastic, I can never find deals like that down here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Sounds like a great bike at a great price.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Nice, post better pics!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobkins View Post

You couldn't have bought a better, 2 year old, FS, XC bike for $425. I have an 09 XC Expert with better components than the Comp, and it's a good bike. Just be careful with the brake lever reach adjustment, it's cheap plastic and breaks fairly easily if you over-tighten it and the tires are noisy but other than that...great buy for sure!

Enjoy,

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hell of a deal for $425, every comparable bike I found around here was $800+. I would have gladly jumpe don that for $425. Nice find.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

mtbr member
    Rotate the bars that way!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My New Bike!-imag0019-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Yea I rotated them before my last ride it was much better... thanks for advice guys. This bike rides great enjoying it very much so far.

mtbr member
    nice score

mtbr member
    Good score, have fun!!!
    "Wait, this thing doesn't have a motor?" - Socrates

It's all about the FSR!
    Sweet find!! In the pic, the seat looks like it is angled down slightly. If it is, you may want to adjust that so that you don't slide off the seat easily. Quick and easy adjustment. I always use a level to make sure that my seat stays level.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Congrats that looks like a great ride!