LAZ
    mtbr member

My first wipeout

Went out on Sunday with the new bike and clipless pedals. Saw a fairly steep hill and was feeling good so I decided to go for it. The ground was soft so I lost momemtum pretty quick. Didnt remember to clip out. TIMBER........Fell to the right and landed in some brush. Then, because I was on a hill, the bike went up and over me while still clipped in and holding the bars. Guided the bike down slowly. No damage.

Im not a virgin anymore.

Rod
    mtbr member
    I remember the first time I spun out on a hill as well. I was climbing an old logging road, that's how converted into a trail, and I went down in some rocks. The bike came up and over me, but luckily it didn't hit me. It hurt my pride a little, but I saw it coming before I attempted the hill. You'll do it again and if you're unlucky like me you may even get a scar. Glad to hear you had a good time though.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

Dirt Deviant
    A crash without injury and/or damage to the bike is a good experience. It can be fun at times, unless all your buddies are laughing at you............= )
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    you friends laughing at you is a good thing it will keep you from making the same mistake twice as for your first wipe out good to hear it wasn't serious,

Members who have read this thread: 0