More comfortable saddle help- Mtbr.com
    GIANT Rider

New question here. More comfortable saddle help

I have a Giant Revel 1 and the stock saddle is my only real gripe. Looks nice but is very uncomfortable. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on some seats that are sporty yet a little more comfortable. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by indcolts18288; 05-24-2011 at 05:42 PM.

My other ride is your mom
    saddles are like shoes....you'll be hard pressed to get good advice on both since your sit bones and feet are as individual as you.

With that being said....the WTB "V" series saddle is pretty widely hailed as being pretty comfy for a wide variety of folks....YMMV.

http://www.wtb.com/products/saddles/

Many shops will have demo saddles for you to try out for a ride or two.....so go to your LBS and try one....

GIANT Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer
    saddles are like shoes....you'll be hard pressed to get good advice on both since your sit bones and feet are as individual as you.

With that being said....the WTB "V" series saddle is pretty widely hailed as being pretty comfy for a wide variety of folks....YMMV.

Many shops will have demo saddles for you to try out for a ride or two.....so go to your LBS and try one....
    Exactly what I was lookin' for. I was just wanting some different brands to look for online but I don't think Saddles are something I should probably buy online. Heading to my LBS tomorrow. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Maadjurguer

+1 on the WTB line...Happy with the Rocket V a bit easier onthe junk . My buddy is running a Speed V and is very happy with it, as well.

mtbr member
    Another thing is get some padded bicycle under shorts. I run a stock saddle and its fine with the shorts but it stinks without the shorts. So b4 you get a new saddle try the shorts. Did you say in your last post you are a woman? I think you can get woman specific saddles. From what I understand men and woman seat bones are a little different so different saddles may be necessary. Try the womans forum for saddle advice.

Members who have read this thread: 0