Introductions

Printable View

• 03-27-2007
    Lawn Elder
    Introductions
    I've been lurking on this board for a few days, thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Drew, I'm from houston, I started riding about 3 months ago, got a car rack about a month ago so I've been hitting the trails as much as the weather(and work and school) will allow. I'm riding a Trek 820, (got a good deal on it from craigslist.) so yea thats me, lookin forward to chatting with you guys.:D
  • 03-27-2007
    T-Boy
    welcome newb.....i'm a newb to:thumbsup:
    LOL lots of info on here....
  • 03-27-2007
    CJTiger99
    I'm a newbie from Missouri.

Been lurking for a few days, read some great tips.
  • 03-27-2007
    RoadRunner14
    Welcome. This forum is great, a lot of useful information on here.
  • 03-27-2007
    rafdog
    Hope to see you around anthills or ho chi minh...with the rack, a few pilgrimages to austin need to be worked in.
  • 03-28-2007
    Notalent
    Welcome! from a fellow newb myself.

These forums have so much information. Very awesome resource.
  • 05-30-2020
    Vince Hogan
    Dropping in from Maui. Riding here my whole life...I live in Haiku, east Maui. Always learn a lot, and enjoy followship with like minded bike crazies. Aloha
  • 05-30-2020
    Taroroot
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Hogan View Post
    Dropping in from Maui. Riding here my whole life...I live in Haiku, east Maui. Always learn a lot, and enjoy followship with like minded bike crazies. Aloha

Well the original posters are no longer newbies by now!
    Welcome to riding!
  • 05-30-2020
    Grilledcheesetriple
    Welcome!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  • 05-30-2020
    Stokely
    I'm not quite sure why it took me a while to find this thread. But here goes.

I've become enthralled with trail riding. There is a lot of just childlike giddiness in it. Having ridden a skateboard for over 30 years, I am experiencing some of the same emotions I felt 30 years ago. Skateboarding was freedom in the street. A way to interact with the surroundings.

I've always been into hiking and whatnot. But for some reason, I thought mountain biking was for rich people. I was younger then, and maybe that's still true, but I've made my way and paid my dues.

What a ****ing revelation. I can ride through the woods, with my kids and hear them scream in delight, while trying to learn something new? ****ing hell. Plus, there are these things called berms. Do you know them? Have you ridden a few in succession? Plus there are these things called rock gardens. Yeah, **** those things.

Seriously though, I'm a latecomer to the party. But ya'll have a great party. Thanks.

Alex, old as shit, somewhere in NC.
  • 05-31-2020
    Grilledcheesetriple
    Nice buddy, I share your enthusiasm. It's such a rush!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  • 05-31-2020
    natas1321
    Hello and welcome.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
  • 05-31-2020
    hfr897
    Welcome

A fellow newbie here - based in the UK, looking to get back into trail riding after a long break.