mtbr member
    Aug 2018

holy heck.. my wife's new mtb Liv Intrigue Advanced 0

So for various reasons my wife is getting this bike to ride /learn mtb / participate in various cycling for women type stuff.. which is great because I have been trying to get her to try mtb for awhile since I started riding again last year.

brace yourself.. because this is the most outrageous new rider's 1st (mountain) bike pretty much evar??

Liv Intrigue Advanced 0

holy heck.. my wife's new mtb Liv Intrigue Advanced 0-intrigue.jpg

blah blah Composite frame, DVO Custom-Tuned Diamond 150mm fork /DVO Topaz 2 T3/ Sram Eagle X01 drive train/ Sram Guide RSC Brakes/ Giant TRX 0 wheel set..

https://www.liv-cycling.com/us/intrigue-advanced-0

It is awesome that she will have this bike and we can go ride more..but I'm somewhat jealous .. I'm riding a 2018 Trance advanced 2 right now. It is also a tragedy that this bike will be too small for me to "borrow" .. also my wife said I can't borrow it...

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Awesome bike! It's basically a Trance designed for women, so not too different from yours other than upgraded components. IMO, what bike beginners start out with is often a question of money so if you guys can afford two carbon wonderbikes, no worries other than some misplaced jealousy.

mtbr member
    Trance Advanced 2? From a whole year ago?! I don't think I could suffer such a burden.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mack_turtle View Post
    Trance Advanced 2? From a whole year ago?! I don't think I could suffer such a burden.
    IKR... it isn't easy.. oh wait. no it is pretty easy.. I'm just a bit jelly of that sweet X01 ..etc goodness on the wife's new bike.

weep your tears of sadness for my sad plight I am forced to soldier on with this:

holy heck.. my wife's new mtb Liv Intrigue Advanced 0-20190124_153620.jpg
    Last edited by atarione; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:28 AM.

jcd's best friend
    Quote Originally Posted by atarione View Post
    IKR... it isn't easy.. oh wait. no it is pretty easy.. I'm just a bit jelly of the that sweet X01 ..etc goodness on the wife's new bike.

weep your tears of saddness for my sad plight I am forced to soldier on with this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190124_153620.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	317.9 KB 
ID:	1235398
    Have you done any sick jumps?

Sent from my snail mail via Tapatalk.
    Trek Emonda | Transition Sentinel | Transition Scout

BOOM goes the dynamite!
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery View Post
    Have you done any sick jumps?
    On that old thing? He might die!

OP, you better get rid of it ASAP...for safety. PM me and I'll give you my address to dispose of it properly.

since 4/10/2009
    it's never the wrong answer to set your wife up with a bike that's better than yours.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold View Post
    it's never the wrong answer to set your wife up with a bike that's better than yours.
    Indeed, can't go blaming the bike

Magically Delicious
    Happy wife, happy life.
    A bad day of cycling is better than a good day at work

Work Truck - Dassault Falcon 7X

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by atarione View Post
    So for various reasons my wife is getting this bike to ride /learn mtb / participate in various cycling for women type stuff.. which is great because I have been trying to get her to try mtb for awhile since I started riding again last year.

brace yourself.. because this is the most outrageous new rider's 1st (mountain) bike pretty much evar??

Liv Intrigue Advanced 0
    I just bought my GF the Liv Pique 2 in XS, basically the same bike in Aluminum. She loves it. She rode the CF bikes and surprised me when she said she was worried they would break when she crashes in the rocks. (Smart girl)
    It is awesome that she will have this bike and we can go ride more..
    That is the key. Buy her whichever bike gets her excited enough to want to ride. If you bought a cheaper bike that didn't interest her in riding, that would have been a waste of money.
    It is also a tragedy that this bike will be too small for me to "borrow" .. also my wife said I can't borrow it...
    I was curious about the suspension too, but I don't want to risk damaging it by overloading it.

I've ridden behind her and am amazed at how well the suspension works in the rocks. She used to bounce around off the rocks like a pinball, now she rolls right along almost oblivious to the loose rocks and boulders.

She is now pedaling up hills and washes that used to stop her half way on a hardtail. Makes the ride more enjoyable for both of us.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by A/C in Az View Post
    I just bought my GF the Liv Pique 2 in XS, basically the same bike in Aluminum. She loves it. She rode the CF bikes and surprised me when she said she was worried they would break when she crashes in the rocks. (Smart girl)

That is the key. Buy her whichever bike gets her excited enough to want to ride. If you bought a cheaper bike that didn't interest her in riding, that would have been a waste of money.
    I was curious about the suspension too, but I don't want to risk damaging it by overloading it.

I've ridden behind her and am amazed at how well the suspension works in the rocks. She used to bounce around off the rocks like a pinball, now she rolls right along almost oblivious to the loose rocks and boulders.

She is now pedaling up hills and washes that used to stop her half way on a hardtail. Makes the ride more enjoyable for both of us.

nice bike your GF got.. My wife's bike still isn't here.. but hopefully soon.. however it is suppose to rain a bunch so it maybe a little while before she gets to try it out..

I certainly see your/ her Concern on the CF / crashes..everyone around here claims you'd have to crash super hard to break the Trance Advance frame I have.. ??? hopefully they are right.. The Trance Advanced is the first CF bike I've had / used.. so far so good.

for various reasons it wouldn't be that big of a problem if we break a frame however... (as long as we don't die).. we have a bit of a beneficial position dealing with bike stuff.

The suspension on the Trance I'm riding is very impressive .. quite good over the rough bits..

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    You see it all the time, guy on his nice bike riding with his wife on a clunker and he is wondering why she doesnít enjoy riding and as such his riding is limited. I always make Shure my wife is on a reasonable bike mind you the last time I injured myself she rode my bike and didnít give it back lol.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Similar situation with my wife. She tried trail riding with me a few years back on a hybrid style bike and just didnít like it (hmmmm I wonder why...).

Then we took a vacation in Cali and did some factory rentals in Santa Cruz. Obviously an eye opening experience being on a high-quality bike because she ended up buying a 2017 ibis Mojo 3.

Now she loves riding trail with me. Slowly advancing her skills and comfort level but the main thing is we can enjoy riding together.

Doesnít hurt that her Mojo frame size fits me as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk