Here is my new (to me) bike. Stumpjumer FSR Pro- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

Here is my new (to me) bike. Stumpjumer FSR Pro

Here is my new bike, let me know what you guys think about it and what I should try and upgrade first. First ride felt good but I had a little more drivetrain noise on a couple of gears than I like, any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here is my new (to me) bike. Stumpjumer FSR Pro-stumpjumer1.jpg  

Here is my new (to me) bike. Stumpjumer FSR Pro-stumpjumper2.jpg  

Here is my new (to me) bike. Stumpjumer FSR Pro-stumpjumper3.jpg  

Here is my new (to me) bike. Stumpjumer FSR Pro-stumpjumper4.jpg  

Here is my new (to me) bike. Stumpjumer FSR Pro-stumpjumper5.jpg  

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Hard to tell for certain, but is the rear rotor larger than the front? If it is, that would be bass ackwards from what I would run.

I really don't see much that would benefit from an upgrade, other than possibly some items in the cockpit to get the fit dialed in just right (saddle, stem, bars, grips). Everything else looks more than serviceable if it's not worn or out of adjustment. A noisy drivetrain that has been lubed (and is not worn out) could very well need to be adjusted. Maybe some other accessories like shorts, jersies, gloves, shoes, helmet, hydration system, etc. would be of more benefit than upgrading bike parts that really don't need to be upgraded?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Beautiful bike! In your case, as Jeffj stated, i'd look more towards the accessory side of things as apposed to upgrading the bike itself. From what i can see its got great parts. Do you have the stuff you'll need to fully enjoy it? As stated, gloves, helmet, hydration? Etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Yeah, I ordered a POC Trabec helmet that should be delivered today. I have all of the other stuff. Is adjusting the rear derailleur a fairly easy thing or should I take it in to a LBS? Any good online videos? Thanks for the responses guys.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    Hard to tell for certain, but is the rear rotor larger than the front? If it is, that would be bass ackwards from what I would run.

I really don't see much that would benefit from an upgrade, other than possibly some items in the cockpit to get the fit dialed in just right (saddle, stem, bars, grips). Everything else looks more than serviceable if it's not worn or out of adjustment. A noisy drivetrain that has been lubed (and is not worn out) could very well need to be adjusted. Maybe some other accessories like shorts, jersies, gloves, shoes, helmet, hydration system, etc. would be of more benefit than upgrading bike parts that really don't need to be upgraded?
    Both rotors are the same.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 1last1 View Post
    Yeah, I ordered a POC Trabec helmet that should be delivered today. I have all of the other stuff. Is adjusting the rear derailleur a fairly easy thing or should I take it in to a LBS? Any good online videos? Thanks for the responses guys.
    At the top of the beginners forum there should be a few sticky threads, one covers basic maintanece. That would be a good place to start.

Also I believe park tools website has a bunch of maintanece how tos and a lot of great info to know about bike mechanics.

mtbr member
    IS there some sort of camera angle trickery going on, or is the rear wheel bigger than the front?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by citiznkain View Post
    IS there some sort of camera angle trickery going on, or is the rear wheel bigger than the front?
    Same size, both 26" wheels.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JMLoughrey View Post
    At the top of the beginners forum there should be a few sticky threads, one covers basic maintanece. That would be a good place to start.

Also I believe park tools website has a bunch of maintanece how tos and a lot of great info to know about bike mechanics.
    Thanks for the help, I haven't been on a bike in a long time. Things have certainly changed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    every one should at least learn some maintenance. There have been times where I've done trail side repairs that would have required a long walk out otherwise.

Rear derailleur adjustment is definitely something everyone should know.