GT Aggressor Hardtail upgrades under $150- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2020

GT Aggressor Hardtail upgrades under $150

I know itís not ideal but own a GT Agressor Comp that I got before I really got into riding trails. I donít do anything crazy but my factory loaded back tire is loosing its tread fast. I need a replacement! Any ideas? Iím thinking these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G2Z92DG...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    What do you guys think? They seem tubeless ready.
    I ride mostly flatter trails with all types of ground (hardpack to rock).

Also, I donít have the money for a new bike and would like to ride this as long as possible. What other upgrades should I add? It has all the factory things but I did upgrade the pedals and had to replace the shifters. Maybe add a front tire and convert the whole thing to tubeless?
    Any thoughts??

C8N
    mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Nothing wrong with a GT Agressor and nothing wrong with Trail King. Ride the crap out of it and have fun. Only thing I would do is move the current front tire to the rear and slap on the new tire to the front.

jcd's best friend
    Those tires look like they would work for what you want to do. Make sure you get the right size because your rims are most likely very narrow. Buying a rear tire that's too big may not fit inside the frame. Also going too big could potentially cause tire flop because the rim is too narrow for the tire size. If you get a tire that's the same size as your OEM tires, you should be fine.

As for converting to tubeless, it could be more work than you realize. If you really want to convert to tubeless, you will want to watch some videos on YouTube. When you are done watching it, I recommend watching it again. Looking at those tires, they seem to have good puncture protection so you can probably stick with inner tubes instead.
    Cannondale Synapse Neo | Salsa Timberjack