Giant Boulder Enduro Trail- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Giant Boulder Enduro Trail

I found what I think is a good deal on this bike, but I cant find any reviews of it on here or any other U.S. site. Does anyone have some information about when these were made, the specs of them, strengths and weaknesses, and how much they should be selling for, ect. ?
    Thanks again for the help, happy riding.

bi-winning
    I have no idea what bike you are talking about. Link?
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    First bike in this thread
    http://www.mtbbritain.co.uk/forum/lo...php?t9000.html
    aka Giant Boulder Trail I believe.

Walmart Bike Member
    how much for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggler2
    There is only one Bike Forum standard... quality is directly proportional to money spent.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    According to Bikepidia:
    Its called a 2006 Giant Boulder x05
    More info at: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...+x05&Type=bike

Edit: The specific one I am looking at has a bent rear wheel (still have to find out what from) and clipless pedals. He is asking 80 obo.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I bought the Giant Boulder with the steel frame (the non "SE"), as my first bike. I have been very happy with it, I would recommend the steel over the aluminum model (Boulder SE). As a starter hardtail, I think steel is the way to go -- cheaper and more durable. Despite the weight you won't be racing any version of the Giant Boulder, so I don't see the advantage in the SE. I have read on here that many of the SE folks have had their frame break after a good time riding, wishing they had gone steel. The two frames are quite different in actual geometry/dimensions -- but steel is stronger than aluminum. I weigh ~220 and have done everything you shouldnt do on a ~$350 XC bike, its held up very well other than bent handlebars and snapping two rear wheels (my fault). This was after several hundred miles of asskicking with zero service or truing. I cannot speak to your specific model though, but go new.

Best.

Link to my bike: HERE

Link to Boulder SE: HERE
    09 Giant Trance X4
    08 Giant Boulder Steely

Cha brah

Walmart Bike Member
    steel is NEVER the way to go when it comes to a starter bike, or any bike for that matter, double butted aluminum is pretty much the standard in bikes today using modern technology. Other frame types include titanium and carbon, which are for competition purposes only.
    There is only one Bike Forum standard... quality is directly proportional to money spent.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thank you for your advice. I'd follow it if my budget allowed.

This is the damage:

How much would it take to have a problem like that fixed?
    Thanks again.

Walmart Bike Member
    it needs a new wheel and crank arm, dont know about pricing, shouldnt be too bad, less then 75 dollars id say.

Members who have read this thread: 0