Getting the bike back up..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Getting the bike back up..

I did some downhill riding today and had a blast! I would however have more fun if i could get back to the top eaiser for more runs. The hill is about 600 yards from top to bottom and its so steep theres no way anyone could climb the whole thing. Then theres mud and sticks so when you do climb your not getting anywhere.
    My question is, what the best way to walk your bike to the top. Is walking it up by pushing the bars the best way? I tried wraping my arms around the front shocks with the bike over my back and it worked alright but I got very muddy. Then I tried walking it up on rear tire only, which was easy to push for a long ways but my helmet kept hitting the front tire. Im probably making a big deal of nothing.
    Thanks

weirdo
    [QUOTE=mk1988] I tried wraping my arms around the front shocks with the bike over my back and it worked alright but I got very muddy./QUOTE]
    My best suggestion: Call me before you do this again- I really want to watch!

Seriously, I can`t picture exactly what you`re describing, but if it doesn`t seem worth the trouble to climb up however you managed it the first time, your best bet is probably to find another place to ride. It`s a big world. Maybe someone else has some better practical info for that particular hill.
    Recalculating....

Aug 2004
    you rest the top tube of the bike on your shoulder and have the rear half kind of rest on your back. With your free hand you may need to hold the front end from having the bars hit you.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    Quote Originally Posted by fanghasyou
    you rest the top tube of the bike on your shoulder and have the rear half kind of rest on your back. With your free hand you may need to hold the front end from having the bars hit you.
    i dont think i'd do that with my DH/FR rig... just push it up with both hands on the handle bars... if you get lower back pains... push it with one hand on the bars and the other on the saddle... or... just ride up... or shuttle...

Out there
    Aug 2006
    put your arm thru the front triangle and shoulder the bike

or push it back up
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fanghasyou
    Thanks, I'll try that

Quote Originally Posted by pinkheadedbug
    put your arm thru the front triangle and shoulder the bike
    Thats what I wanted to do in the first place but my triangle is too small for my arm to get through..

Members who have read this thread: 0