Getting back into it- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Getting back into it

Greetings all,

I was an avid rider wayyy back when. I started when I was around 15 years old. Bought a 1987 Rock Hopper Sport and probably put well over several thousand miles on it before I had children and stopped riding. Back then, I was 160lbs. Now, I'm 300lbs. I want to start riding again. Mainly with my children, but also to get back in shape. My knees are shot so riding a bike is my best bet for cardio at this point.

I'm now into offroading with my Xterra and have gotten back in to the outdoors. I enjoy camping, fishing, and of course, trail riding. I was thinking about how awesome it would be to take my bike on these trips to help me explore a little more into where my truck can't go.

The main reason for me joining was to get some help with my bike. A fellow Xterra driver referred me here and said you all could probably help. Then I saw the Fat Boy challenge and really want to contribute to that as well.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I started a few years ago at 47 and really enjoy it. Also own an xterra but don't offroad. With gas prices, I usually drive my old car for the mpg.

Be sure to check out the clydes forum. Plenty of people your size ride.

Good luck.

Still New
    Welcome. Good to hear you're getting back into mtbing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    What is the fat boy challenge?

Members who have read this thread: 0