First Time Biker- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

First Time Biker

Hello everyone. I am completely new to Mountain Bikes. Some guys at my work go out to trails on the weekends and got me interested in the sport. I want to buy a bike so that I may start to enjoy this amazing sport even further. A little about my self I am 6'5 and about 190-195 lb. I want to buy hopefully a decent bike that I can take on trails but will maybe do a little street riding here and there. Also is it ok to ride a 26er with my size or would I have to go with a 29er. I really would like to stay under $350 if at all possible I plan on buying a better bike in about a year but money just wont allow me to purchase it now. I dont mind getting used but just dont know what to look for. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mthill2
    Hello everyone. I am completely new to Mountain Bikes. Some guys at my work go out to trails on the weekends and got me interested in the sport. I want to buy a bike so that I may start to enjoy this amazing sport even further. A little about my self I am 6'5 and about 190-195 lb. I want to buy hopefully a decent bike that I can take on trails but will maybe do a little street riding here and there. Also is it ok to ride a 26er with my size or would I have to go with a 29er. I really would like to stay under $350 if at all possible I plan on buying a better bike in about a year but money just wont allow me to purchase it now. I dont mind getting used but just dont know what to look for. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
    Welcome to the sport. Go to as many bike shops as you can and ride all the bikes in your price range, even 29ers if there is one in your price range.
    Big Foot Blue KHS XC704r

Members who have read this thread: 0