mtbr member
    Mar 2007

First Ride of The Season

Well I went on my first ride of the season, I only started mountain biking last year so I am still very much a noob. Seems like I could do nothing right and could not use any technique I learned from the previous year. I know the more seat time I get the better things will get. Hopefully this spring I can improve so I can extend my rides and not wipe out as much. Of course it didn’t help that I went to a fairly technical trail with up hill rock gardens and lots of roots. I seem to be having a problem keeping momentum through the rock gardens and when climbing, Its so hard to regain momentum once its been lost! I am going to try a tamer trail tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm a firm believer in learning by doing . And have the bruises to prove it. I hit a few trails hard last week when I was off for spring break. Just take care to avoid pointy things when falling. Got a deep cut in the palm of my hand that still hasn't really healed a week later (which is why I went out and bought be some full finger gloves).

Just stick with it and challenge yourself.

Btw, I'm little more than a novice myself.

Good Dirt!

Members who have read this thread: 0