First real ride on first real bike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

First real ride on first real bike

Hi I have ben browsing these forums for a while now and riding a piece of crap mongoose dual suspension walamrt special.
    I am lucky enough to live in a rural area of westren Wahington state with thousands of places to ride right out my front door almost.

Every morning for the past year I take my dog for a ride for about an hour before work.
    Well the old piece of crap is about done for. A shame because I even had it where it woud kind of shift gears..
    I started shopping for a new bike with the intention of my first post here being the noob what bike should I buy post, once I had it narrowed down a bit.

After visiting a couple bike shops and doing some research I happen to make it to the big city one day and decide to stop in a bike shop to see what they had.
    When I saw they carried trek bikes I explained to the salesperson that I had already looked at the 3900 and 4300.
    He then informed me that I would be much better off with the 4500 and that they had just put it on clearence for $369. I could not say sold fast enough!!!

Any how cut the story short.Have the day off and just went for my first real ride and man what diffrence. I am so pumped still out of breath and sweaty typing this. Just have to share so
    Here are pics.
    http://www.putfile.com/bigflopdaddy/images/99826

mtbr member
    Awesome! Look at them shiny reflectors! Ride it hard.

Your avatar selection ability is highly refined.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Is that a beagle?

mtbr member
    Yes my riding partner is Beagle

Everything goes pretty smooth on our rides untill she catches a Rabbit scent then shes howling and barking and off in to the woods she goes.

Cheezy Rider
    Very nice, but I'd remove the kickstand if you plan to do bumpy trails. If you're sticking to logging roads it's fine.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Whats the big differences in the 4300 and 4500? Looks like your crank is different other than that looks the same.

mtbr member
    Pedals, upgrade on shock and Upgrade on rear derailer couple other minor things the saleperson told me about can't remember now. Thats about it though

Very nice, but I'd remove the kickstand if you plan to do bumpy trails. If you're sticking to logging roads it's fine
    Thanks for the advice on the kickstand Rufudufus
    Plan to take it off

mtbr member

Smile

bubbles looks like you and your Buddie had a good time on that trail. i bet it sure beats riding on a paved bike path. nice bike you got there have fun with it.

Jason

S*it Happens!
    Nice bike and cool dog. Congrates!
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

Members who have read this thread: 0