FINALLY! Got my Bike.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

FINALLY! Got my Bike.

Went out tonight, picked up the Dimaond Back Response Comp. It is so sweet. Really smooth, good brakes, beefy tires. Good shifting too. I am able to cat walk easily. The shocks have air adjustment in them. The Toras, I did not know that. But it is great. I really like it..and I hope it lasts a while too. Just some crappy pics.

newie
    Jan 2009
    not a bad way to get yourself going, congrats!

are those scratches on the stanchions?

Religion = Non-thinking
    did u get this at dicks? how much did u pay?

hope u paid less than $600 for it..
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Loui, you make that sound bad? Jeeze, this is a nice bike, for a beginner such as my self. If you have read my other threads, I am not going full out(riding style wise) till I get a better bike. I paid 565 for it. From Sportchek. Same thing as dicks, but Canadian.

Thanks! There are no scrathes on it..and I don't know what you mean, by stanchions. But what looks like a scratch, is a sticker, I thought it had a bunch of scratches on it..! but no.

Religion = Non-thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Smasher!
    Loui, you make that sound bad? Jeeze, this is a nice bike, for a beginner such as my self. If you have read my other threads, I am not going full out(riding style wise) till I get a better bike. I paid 565 for it. From Sportchek. Same thing as dicks, but Canadian.

Thanks! There are no scrathes on it..and I don't know what you mean, by stanchions. But what looks like a scratch, is a sticker, I thought it had a bunch of scratches on it..! but no.
    nobody said it was bad, jeeze.

565 isn't bad since u get a tora fork (although its the lowest end 289 model) and bb5 discs. dunno how good the frame is, but if u dont plan on upgrading thats good. if u do plan on upgrading stuff like brakes, fork, etc the frame may be limiting you...
    RH SL Pro

mtbr member
    Alright sorry, sounded like it.

Uhm, I don't plan on upgrading for a bit anyways. I might change my forks in a bit, but again, well see. I really like it. Well see tomorrow, as first time I am taking it on a ride, well, a decent one anyways. Should be nice.

newie
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Smasher!
    the silver part on your forks, but i'm just trippin'... its on both sides so i would guess oil?
    have fun on that ride tomorrow!

mtbr member
    Oh okay, yeah its just oil, and a bit dusty because I took it for a small spin tonight, just to give it a test. Thanks, I plan too

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Gratz on the new bike, looks like a sweet ride!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I will try to get some pics of me, or should I say it, in action. Me and a few friends are going to go riding on the weekend, out in a good open, with some small trails(he wants to go on them with his Norco bigfoot) so I will be able to ride in the open, get her worked in nicely.

mtbr member

Sweet Bike

Nice bike! But I am drawn to the Ronald McDonald memorabilia in the hutch.
    Live Large

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtymerider
    Nice bike! But I am drawn to the Ronald McDonald memorabilia in the hutch.
    Thanks! That stuff is my moms. She collects it. Ever since she worked there a long time ago..when she was a teen. We have everything, glasses, trucks, models, a singing BigMac, dolls, toys..oh yeah, it goes on. I figure it will be worth a fortune later down the road..

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    It's a great first bike for sure. Have fun on it.

mtbr member
    Well I did a first ride on it tonight. I went on a hard dirt path, and a gravel path, it is so sweet. IT handles great, and is really smooth. I then took it out to a local park that has a paved area, and some raised cement big block things, so I had some fun riding off those, or up them too. It handles great in freeride, or trail.

mtbr member
    That is a decent frame for both XC and general ride around town jumping off things.... The only suggestion I have is make sure you keep an eye on the cranks bolts and keep them TIGHT. Those cranks are prone to loosen up on the nondrive side. I have changed quite a few at the shop due to them coming loose and the rider still having fun and ends up wallowing out the square taper fit. None the less Killer bike... Enjoy

mtbr member
    thanks rsu. Good tip. I actrually looked at them today, just out of curiosity, and they are still good. I keep an eye on it all, before every ride I look the bike over, shake front and rear wheel, cranks, handle bars etc, making sure it is all tight. Saturday I am going dirt biking(Honda CRF230F 2008) and then on Sunday, My friend, my cousin, and me are all going on a trail ride. A trail we fallow often, goes from gravel to road, to gravel, to dirt, to some harder trails, and there are some jumps that he wants to hit as well.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Congrats on the new bike! I love my DB hardtail and will prob keep it in my bike stable until it dies. There are always others that think some brands/bike levels are beneath them, don't listen to the haters. The only thing that matters is that you're on the trails with a big smile on your face :-D

Members who have read this thread: 0