does anyone track milage with excel spreadsheet?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

does anyone track milage with excel spreadsheet?

does anyone track milage with excel spreadsheet? If so, do you have anything for 2011 calendar year you would be willing to share?

mtbr member
    I record my weight and odometer reading in excel. Just a simple sheet with the date, weight and odometer. The weight is also charted on a graph. It is nothing fancy. In fact , I recently added the odometer readings.
    You want a blank copy?

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Try sporttracker which can log gps rides and equipment used.
    Pretty cool if you use gps anyway

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008

mtbr member
    You can manually enter your rides with SporTracks too. I like that software.
    :wq

JRA
    I upload my gps to garmin connect
    http://connect.garmin.com/
    You can also manually enter your ride info as well.
    --If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

mtbr member
    There's another one that I just learned about too, called Golden Cheetah. It's open source, which is why it has a stupid name, but it seems to be pretty good and it's free. Also, another new site out there is called Strava Velo (www.strava.com). You can't get much out of it if you don't have a GPS but it will let you manually enter rides.
    :wq

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    i forgot to mention that i do not have a gps unit. I was looking something more on the microsoft excel format for me to save and track my riding.

bi-winning
    I actually track time spent riding, since my bicycles don't have any electronic gizmos to track the distance they have traveled.

My spreadsheet is very simple. If I go for a ride, I enter the date, the ride time, the bike I rode, and a short description.

I have excel sum up the hours for each month, and graph them, along with the average for the last several years.
    Last edited by rkj__; 05-09-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I use six columns. Date, type of workout, duration, notes, weekly totals, and average week for the month. To the extent that I do structured workouts, which is pretty rare, I just use time and rate of perceived exertion, and since I ride off-road, on-road, commute and run errands, I consider speed and mileage to be fairly useless metrics. Honestly, the only time I find this stuff useful is if I'm trying to raise mileage in a structured way (10%/week, usually) toward some goal. I sometimes also use it to plan ride time goals.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

Members who have read this thread: 0