discount bikes- Mtbr.com

Thread: discount bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

discount bikes

just wondering if anyone had heard of them. they've got nice discounts but im guessing its a rip off

AZ
    banned
    link?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    yeah, i guess that would have been helpful
    http://www.mycyclestore.cc.cc/

mtbr member
    Well, they sell a "Trek Mandone" and the pic they use for a Klein is the old school Mantra with toe clips. No self respecting bike shop would post a picture of a bike with toe clips (and for you young kids out there by toe clips I mean toe straps). So you be the judge.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

AZ
    banned
    Look suspect to me .

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I can't say if they're legit or not but I wouldn't trust them based on the yahoo email address alone...at the level they're operating at they should be selling stuff on ebay.

ozz
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    Only reputable, high quality bike shops sell "Mangoose" bikes.

Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ozz
    Only reputable, high quality bike shops sell "Mangoose" bikes.

This. Mangoose makes nothing but manly bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Buy three get one free! yazerz!!!!111

mtbr member
    i read the testimonials and i'm sold!
    Hooyah space monkey

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. What doesn't kill me, dies.

deep sea CCLXXXI

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    just got an email from them and they gave me a 1500 price on the 2009 specialized pitch i asked about. they also told me that they had a 2008 iron horse 6.6 for 900. im still very skeptical but ill see what happens. trying to get a phone number and address. anyone know of a way to check to see if a company is legit. could specialized verify them as an authorized dealer? any thoughts?

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hbr25
    just got an email from them and they gave me a 1500 price on the 2009 specialized pitch i asked about. they also told me that they had a 2008 iron horse 6.6 for 900. im still very skeptical but ill see what happens. trying to get a phone number and address. anyone know of a way to check to see if a company is legit. could specialized verify them as an authorized dealer? any thoughts?

My thought is that you should not give them any of your hard earned money .

mtbr member
    You could try better business bureau.. bbb.org, but they don't always have every company out there.... its worth a try

mtbr member
    so.....they list their US address as Wal-mart.... i would definitely avoid that site

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bequettc1
    so.....they list their US address as Wal-mart.... i would definitely avoid that site
    that made me laugh if thats not reason enough to avoid this ish like the plague then i dont know what is.

mtbr member
    Here's another reason to avoid this... the number on your site is also cited on other sites under a different company name.....(Bike World Limited)

http://www.classifieds.ivarta.com/Ph...ear/165355.htm

mtbr member
    scratch that.... just do a google search for the guys phone number and you get multiple hits from MANY different places....sacramento.. ohio..pennsylvania......FRAUD!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    724 is a Pennsylvania # for sure

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hbr25
    If they are willing to sell you a Specialized without you being there in the store, they aren't legit. This site is 100%, without a doubt designed to rip people off.
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The guy wanted cash money (money gram etc.). He would not allow me to pick up the bike. He was selling Kleins that are no longer made (from 1991) and selling them for $600 when they go for $3,000 used. I contacted the IRS and they are not legit.

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kps88
    I contacted the IRS and they are not legit.

The Internet Rippoff Service ?

EDR
    Specialized does not allow ANY online bike/frame sales on the internet.

You are having to work waaay too hard to even determine if this place is legit. Please don't take offense to this, but people like you are who they are targeting.

Run.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    i was pretty sure it was a scam but there was just a little hope that it was real. im a broke ass college student so i had to try. i guess rscycle is the going to be the cheapest way for me to get an iron horse.

mtbr member
    May 2011

No good Yes, My Cycle Store Ltd Are Still Scaming

Hi,

I missed this thread and tried to buy a bike from these guys for my wife... had great initial email exchange that was convincing but from the moment I sent money (thank goodness via PayPal) it all went pear shaped and the responses died out. That's after they first said they did not receive the money "why not send it again?", finally confirmed they received it and the bike had already been shipped and "shipping information would be sent", then refusing to answer anything. Fortunately, PayPal claims department did their job and recovered my money.

How and why such folks keep going is a a wonder. By the way their site - http://store.cc.cc/g1g270408 - has had several incarnations under different business names and the current site is hosted in Korea. Not sure about the Pa store - calling the number goes to "Skype" and you have to enter your own number and Skype password! I don't think so... yahoo.co.uk email is another weirdness. Just strange all around... this is their PayPal email: [email protected]

Whatevery you do, avoid these folks big time!

Members who have read this thread: 0