Deal Or No Deal!!!???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Deal Or No Deal!!!???

FOUND A BRAND NEW IRON HORSE WARRIOR 6.0 FS ONLINE FOR 700BUCKS, DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BIKE THOUGH???????

oh found the specs for the iron horse 6.0
    Lightweight and durable aluminum frame

5 of rear wheel travel to provide you with superior traction and bump absorption

Rock Shox fork with 85mm - 100mm of adjustable travel and Fox Vanilla R rear shock for plush suspension over any terrain

SRAM components and FSA cranks set the standard for smooth shifting and powerful pedaling

Avid BB5 mechanical disc brakes provide low maintenance, all-weather stopping power

i just submitted an offer, someone please let me know of the quality or if this is a good deal

IS THIS A GOOD BIKE OR SHOULD I JUST GET A HARDTAIL?
    Last edited by jdr6031; 10-18-2008 at 05:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Iron-Horse-Warri...d=p3286.c0.m14

ALSO FOUND THIS ONE,!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THESE BIKES ARE WORTH THE $$$$$$

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by jdr6031
    FOUND A BRAND NEW IRON HORSE WARRIOR 6.0 FS ONLINE FOR 700BUCKS, DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BIKE THOUGH???????

IS THIS A GOOD BIKE OR SHOULD I JUST GET A HARDTAIL?
    If you have no idea about this bike or if this bike would be good for you, how in the hell could anyone else know if this bike is good for you. A $5,000 bike selling for $500 may not be the right bike for you.

You need to find out what you want out of a bike, what you expect a bike to do for you, and a budget.You need to go ride as many bikes as possible and figure out what works for you.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Upset

hey jackass i didnt say "is this bike good for me?"!!! i said "is it a good bike" , dont think what im lookin for makes it quality or not . sheesh take a midol!

Old man on a bike
    You just want a good bike, but don't care if it's a good bike for you. You don't seem to care if it will fit you, let alone if it would fit your riding needs. Yet you're already bidding on it, even though you don't know anything about it. Wow, that's really interesting. You call BP a jackass for giving you good advice? Wow, talk about being a jackass...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    you both seem to have a problem with understanding the question that is being asked! i am asking the quality of the bike and components for the price? since when did i ever say for whom the bike is for, or whether i would be the one even riding it.

simple question IS IT A QUALITY BIKE????? IS IT WORTH THE MONEY TO START OUT ON?????

You dont need every detail of where, who, what trail, what time of day ,to know if its a deal or not.

EXAMPLE: if i found a 07 corvette unblemished for the price of 10,000, and asked if it was worth the 10,000 dollars, it will not matter if it is sunny outside or how tall i am or what kind of street i will be riding it on, to know if it is a deal for that price.

UNDERSTAND?

P.S. for the sake of how you both are taking this, i did not find, or actually considering buying the hypothetical corvette. Simply(?) an example

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    I was going to answer your question straight up, but seeing how you wouldn't take the information from a jackass seriously, I won't waste your time. Good luck, you're going to need it.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Reviews

jdr- The 2008 IS Warrior looks like a low-end 5" travel FS bike. SRAM X.5, marginal fork and disc brakes -perfect for getting into trail riding. I wouldn't go lower quality in the full suspension category than this bike.

You should be looking at Jamis and Ibex brands at this price point. Check out jensonusa for Jamis and performance bikes for new Iron Horse bikes. You may find a better deal.
    Last edited by benzy; 10-19-2008 at 03:25 PM.

dh1
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdr6031
    you both seem to have a problem with understanding the question that is being asked! i am asking the quality of the bike and components for the price? since when did i ever say for whom the bike is for, or whether i would be the one even riding it.

simple question IS IT A QUALITY BIKE????? IS IT WORTH THE MONEY TO START OUT ON?????

You dont need every detail of where, who, what trail, what time of day ,to know if its a deal or not.

EXAMPLE: if i found a 07 corvette unblemished for the price of 10,000, and asked if it was worth the 10,000 dollars, it will not matter if it is sunny outside or how tall i am or what kind of street i will be riding it on, to know if it is a deal for that price.

UNDERSTAND?

P.S. for the sake of how you both are taking this, i did not find, or actually considering buying the hypothetical corvette. Simply(?) an example

Chill out boy. That a bike isn't a good buy if it doesn't fit you or suit your riding style. A corvette isn't a good buy for a 5 ft tall 400 lb pig of a man. Yeah it would be a pretty car, and you might be able to sell it, but the guy wouldn't be able to fit in it to drive it. Also, if you have a family, it isn't the right car for you...regardless of price. Are you getting the point? If not, here is another example: If you live in Yellowknife Canada, a Corvette is worthless as tits on a boar.

For a newb on this board, you need to understand that you are asking somewhat ignorant questions, and obviously haven't taken the time to read the stickies about how to choose a bike for yourself. Then you proceed to flame back at guys giving you sound advice. So I will summarize for you: go to your LBS and get fitted and buy one off the floor to get started. It would be better for you than buying a bike online. Once you know what you are shopping for, then go ahead and buy bikes and parts online. Since you are currently ignorant, make use of the knowledge of the guys at the bike shop.

If the bike fits you and your riding style, it's a good bike. Weather or not there are better bikes for your money depends on what your needs are.

Personally, I think Iron Horse bikes ain't all that great. Others like them. I don't like Corvettes either, even 2 years old for 10K I wouldn't think they are worth the money....even if it's sunny outside.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    DH1, Yeah it would be a pretty car, and you might be able to sell it, but the guy wouldn't be able to fit in it to drive it. Also, if you have a family, it isn't the right car for you...regardless of price. Are you getting the point? If not, here is another example: If you live in Yellowknife Canada, a Corvette is worthless as tits on a boar

YET ANOTHER ONE THAT DOESN GET THE POINT. I NEVER SAID THIS BIKE WAS FOR ME JACKASS!!! SIMPLY ASKED IF IT WAS A GOOD DEAL!!!! THANK GOD SOMEONE SMART ENOUGH GOT IT THAT WASNT INTERESTED IN WHAT I LOOKED LIKE OR MY BUILD, OR WHAT IM INTO. IT WAS A SIMPLE QUESTION THAT WAS ANSWERED WITH A SIMPLE ANSWER. AND YOU EVEN MISSED THE HYPO POINT, IF THE GUY COULDN DRIVE THE CAR OR LIVED IN YELLOWKNIFE CANADA, "IT STILL A GOOD DEAL IF HES LOOKING FOR A CORVETTE" THAT IS THE POINT

DAMN THIS COULD HAVE BEEN ANSWERED BY YES OR NO EVEN

Dabney Coleman
    Sep 2005
    Just buy it and stfu, because no matter how much help we try to give you, you're going to ignore it and do what you like anyway.

Corvettes are great for driving up and down sand dunes, buying groceries for a family of six, and pulling trailers in EXACTLY the same way that bike is going to be perfect for YOU.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    That's a great deal on a great bike. You can't go wrong at that price point. Nothing compares at that price for what you will get. You will be very happy with the Iron Horse.

Hardbooter
    Yes.

Questions that aren't thought through deserve answers that aren't thought through.

Old man on a bike
    I don't think the car comparo works, he couldn't be old enough to drive yet. Hope you enjoy the bike jdr...
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Members who have read this thread: 0