mtbr member
    Mar 2008

BMXer to mountain biker

well i have alot of friends who mountain bike and iv been riding with them alot and i hvae acople sweet spots ...and a bmx just aint doing it for me on dirt....so i need help on what kind of bike and what stuff i want on it... I want full suspention but do i want like a fox air shock or something with a spring? i like to have adjustibility but minimal maintence and alot of durability. and as for front suspention do i do a reg fork or triple crown? i really like the way triple crowns look and preform. and who are relible componies a deff want disk breaks and i need speeds i wlnt ride single speed anymore... any suggustions? prices... im prolly buying off ebay so idc if its used. lookin at spending up to 600
    thanks

mtbr member
    You cant get a Fox suspended FS for 600$...maybe just the frame, but no way a whole rig, new

Look down a couple threads and theres a guy comparing several HT's in your budget, he did his research and you could easily mooch off his hard work
    Lean back, Hit both brakes, And ask yourself, Do you feel lucky today?

mtbr member
    Where do you want to ride? What kind of riding will you do?

Downhill racing or huge drops: FS with triple fork and coil spring rear shock - $2000 or more and too heavy for anything else.

Dirt jumping, flying down the BMX track, fun on stairs/walls, tricks of all sorts: HT with single crown fork - $600 or more, useable to ride around, too.

Riding trails for hours: FS or HT with single crown fork. HT starts at $500, FS starts at $900. You can pay way more of course. Not useable for stunts (see above) - you'll break it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    well i ride everything....I love jumps and drops and down hill...on a mtb im prolly not gunna be to big in stunts maybe when i get good 360's ....im new but i pick up on stuff easy and ...the trails i ride are rocky and rutted and the down hills are rough.. and the jumps arent huge. drops are funn..so every thing and iv ridin hard tails and dont like them i hate landing them... i hope tht helped if it didnt just tell me i can do netter im just tired

Members who have read this thread: 0