Thread: Blue Reputation

Cow Clicker

Blue Reputation

So, I finally realized I could see the reputation comments people have given me - thank you everyone! I really didn't care about it until I saw all the really nice things people wrote how the noobbuyer's guide helped and a bunch of other generous comments! It has been a really nice surprise

I also just realized what it means to "sign a rep" I think I may have done this in the past, but know I didn't on a ton of them. So, if you got some unsigned +, it may have been from me

Lastly, I also just learned that people without 50 posts give you "Blue Rep." Since I spend almost all of my time helping beginners, I have a lot of blue rep with positive comments. I'm assuming they gave me positive rep, but didn't have enough posts to count. Do those +1s turn into green rep once they get 50 posts or does it stay blue forever?
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    lol wow.. i never realized what the blue rep was, thanks haha.. as for the rest i have no idea how it works

Suckin wind like a boss
    stays blue forever. it doesnt ripen with age
    If you arent bleeding, you arent riding hard enough.
    http://about.me/bigterry

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I don't need sex. My life fvcks me daily.

Terrain Sculptor
    I got my first negative rep yesterday. I was wondering, if you get enough of those do you end up on Pinkbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja's Son
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    I got my first negative rep yesterday. I was wondering, if you get enough of those do you end up on Pinkbike?
    Hahahaha - just got my first negative rep too, and it was "unsigned"

10-01-2012 05:05 AM dude you look at these?! FU!!
    Hilarious! Trail Ninja - I'll send you a +1 (if it lets me give you more) as soon as it will let me give more out

Terrain Sculptor
    Mine was a misunderstanding about a glib remark I made. The guy apologized in a PM. That was how I found out about it. I gave him +1 for apologizing.

I still don't quite get the purpose of the rep. I could be a complete asshat and just faking being a nice guy on this forum. As a matter of fact, if you talk to my ex-wife, riding bikes with kids and building trails all day is WHY I'm an asshat.
    You may be happy to hear that my dad has kicked cancer's ass. Now he's looking for whoever sent it.

Cow Clicker
    Mine was a misunderstanding about a glib remark I made. The guy apologized in a PM. That was how I found out about it. I gave him +1 for apologizing.

I still don't quite get the purpose of the rep. I could be a complete asshat and just faking being a nice guy on this forum. As a matter of fact, if you talk to my ex-wife, riding bikes with kids and building trails all day is WHY I'm an asshat.
    You may be an asshat, but you give great MTB advice

Cow Clicker
    Oh, wow, I can only see the most recent ones. Is there any way to see all previous rep comments? The curiosity is killing me

T.W.O.
    Must have been from a Trail Samurai, sorry gotta do it

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    Overdressed bunch of show-offs. You can hear them coming a mile away.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I think blue means it's from someone with very little rep power.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

banned
    Sep 2012
    Here I thought I was giving out green guys and until just this weekend it was all blue I assume.. oh well.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Dont worry about this meaningless stuff, go ride!!!

Rogue Exterminator
    I got one negative rep a long time ago because a thread where I didn't agree about flagging take. The guy also included an insult but was too much of a coward to sign it which I find funny.

I say sign your reps especially if you are going to leave a negative rep with an insult.
    I am a pretty nice guy and try not to get in internet arguments but I guarantee if I have something negative to say, I am man enough to say it to your face and not hide behind anonymity.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan769 View Post
    Dont worry about this meaningless stuff, go ride!!!
    Rain, rain, go away!

Save Jesus
    I don't see blue rep. I see gray rep. ???

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi1885 View Post
    My first thought was Trail Pirate, given the animosity between the two groups.

At least the folks giving advice out in the Beginners forum ain't doing it for the rep, since most of the questions come from users too new to give out the green. Even if the whole system is kinda silly, I need to get in the habit of sending some green out to the diehards answering the same questions over and over without being (too much of) a jerk.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Only one way to find out.........................................bwahah aha

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by aikane View Post
    Only one way to find out.........................................bwahah aha
    Noooooo...... anything but Pinkbike!!!

I've been on this forum for 4 years and I never even noticed the reputation until the other day someone apologized for accidentally send me a negative rep.

I can't eat it or spend it so I'd be happy to give all mine away to someone who wants it. I do that with old bikes all the time.

You should have been at my house a year and a half ago. I gave away 12 perfectly good mountain bikes and a truckload of trail building tools including the truck.

I put my "one-bike" in a box and mailed it to myself on the other side of the country, patted my boys on the head, gave all the "stuff" to my ex, hitched up my backpack and headed down the road.

I have all the rep I'll ever need. Ask around.

Cow Clicker
    Noooooo...... anything but Pinkbike!!!

I've been on this forum for 4 years and I never even noticed the reputation until the other day someone apologized for accidentally send me a negative rep.

I can't eat it or spend it so I'd be happy to give all mine away to someone who wants it. I do that with old bikes all the time.

You should have been at my house a year and a half ago. I gave away 12 perfectly good mountain bikes and a truckload of trail building tools including the truck.

I put my "one-bike" in a box and mailed it to myself on the other side of the country, patted my boys on the head, gave all the "stuff" to my ex, hitched up my backpack and headed down the road.

I have all the rep I'll ever need. Ask around.
    Awesome!

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Awesome!
    Do people usually get where your sig is from? I love that movie.

Cow Clicker
    Do people usually get where your sig is from? I love that movie.
    I don't know. I just put it there when I finally put an avatar pic up. Fantastic movie! So much truth to it

****** to the dirt
    I thought the green things were little aliens trying to take over the forum.

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbag View Post
    I don't see blue rep. I see gray rep. ???
    looks gray to me, too.

watch out for the yellow ones.

****** to the dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk View Post
    looks gray to me, too.

watch out for the yellow ones.
    well just as long as you don't try and eat the yellow ones.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I never knew you could view rep, I just been posting back thanks when people help - what's it's purpose and what's the difference between the rep power number and rep boxes. No offence inended but free advice from the internet is useful for discussion and helping with a decision but should never be taken as absolute regardless of rep

Terrain Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJon View Post
    I never knew you could view rep, I just been posting back thanks when people help - what's it's purpose and what's the difference between the rep power number and rep boxes. No offence inended but free advice from the internet is useful for discussion and helping with a decision but should never be taken as absolute regardless of rep
    Me too. For 4 years I never even noticed it. Now that I'm aware, it's kind of addictive. I find myself checking every once in a while to see if anybody "likes" me.

I also have WAY too much spare time lately.

mtbr member
    I only see other peoples green rep. where's mine?

sock puppet
    from people with 0 rep power...

Members who have read this thread: 0