bike frame shipping cost- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

bike frame shipping cost

i would like to sell my haro werks xcr 2005 7005 aluminum 15.5 size 26 inch wheel frame. sell it on ebay or post ad in lbs? who ships frames the cheapest?

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Craigslist?
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    In my experience, Fedex. They shipped a frame for me via Fedex ground for $15. I'd box it up and check, though, before you list the shipping price, as it could cost more.

Sweep the leg!
    Depends on where it's headed. I shipped a frame to Germany from the US last fall and the USPS was the cheapest. UPS was next and FedEx was last. If it's not crossing borders and getting Customs involved it could be close with any of the companies but a lot will depend on the size of the box. There are size restrictions for package also.
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

Rod
    mtbr member
    I usually ship frames UPS. I ship almost everything else USPS. If it goes west, I live in Kentucky, it will cost much more than going east.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    To ship my stumpjumper fsr frame from the w.coast to WI it was ~$40.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I shipped a frame from AZ to Ireland via USPS for somewhere in the neighborhood of $45 (can't remember the exact amount). USPS is usually the cheapest for me by a long shot.
    Killing it with close inspection.

Beer Me!
    sell local via craigslist, then try the MTBR classifieds. Ebay is almost always my last choice, they take way to much of the my money when i sell it.

Typically you can get a leftover box from your local shop for free. Shipping is anywhere from $40 to $75.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    eBay is probably the fastest way to sell it and Craigslist is probably the most profitable. At least that has been my experience.

Once you box up the frame, weight it and measure the box and use the shipping calculator on the UPS and FedEx websites for the best rate.

I recently shipped a frame and fork from DC to Portland (box weighted about 16lbs.) using FedEx for about $55.

Members who have read this thread: 2