mtbr member
    Sep 2012

A big bike to start me off

Hello all, as some of you may or may not know, I'm barely an hour old on these forums.
    I started here after constantly searching for something I long for, particularly a bike for someone as large as I am.
    I'm 6'4 and 400+ lbs (it's been a while since I checked), I don't look like i'm 400+, but the scale says I am...
    It originally stems from my horrid frustration of being dependent on a family member being free to go anywhere, on top of that they need to be in the mood to go out.

I decided I wanted to be free, and I was never more free than when I was a kid, and I took my bike wherever and whenever I pleased. But of course, I'm bigger than I was, so I need a bigger, stronger bike.
    I'd like to be able to do simple things like ride down to the store, then once I lose a good chunk of my weight I'd like to hit up more trails (baby steps).
    I imagine I need a strong frame as well as well as strong wheels.
    Could I please get recommendations?
    Thank You

Cow Clicker
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

No Stranger to danger....
    Mate a big welcome to the forum, its great to here your ready to get out back on the bike, you wont look back now.
    Ive noticed a great sub forum on here called 'Clydesdale's and tall riders' i think thats what it is off the top of my head, mate there will be heaps of great guys in there to chat to, many of them will have similar goals to you and i think they even have a blog to help each other out with weight loss and setting goals, im sure you will really enjoy it in there, and im sure they talk about bikes for the bigger guys.
    Cheers mate and good luck.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

T.W.O.
    Start here Clydesdales/Tall Riders - Mtbr Forums There's plenty of info that fits your need.

****** to the dirt
    http://forums.mtbr.com/beginners-cor...ed-807969.html

here is some one else in the same situation.

Members who have read this thread: 0