Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Best shin/knee guards

5K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  18Bravo 
#1 ·
Im looking to buy a set of shin and knee guards, I'm getting tired of marring up my shins everytime me foot slips off my pedal and sends me brand new wellgo mg-1 pedals into my shins. Any opinions? I do mostly small jumps and single tr ack so something with high maneuverability would be nice. I've been looking at race face rally. I would like to stay under $100. Thanks in advance for any input!

#7 ·
#8 ·
I'm thinking about picking up a new bike and doing some trail riding...I remember my feet slipping off the pedals occasionally and hitting my shins. Pretty uncomfortable. I've heard that some people like to use the New Balance Minimus MT20 trail running shoes for mountain biking. Anyone here do that? Does the aggressive tread help pedal grip?

#9 ·
I really like my POC pads, I currently have the POC Joint VPD Knee and Shin and my girlfriend uses the Bone VPD Knee and Shin. Both seem to hold up really well and provide really nice flex for moving around. Only problem Ive noticed so far is I have to pull em up every once in a while, they seem to slide down my knee a little.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.