Back to biking after over a decade.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Back to biking after over a decade.

The last time I really rode seriously, I wasn't old enough to drive yet. More than ten years and 100 pounds later, I've come to the realization that biking is the only thing I'll enjoy enough to stick with. To that end, I went bike hunting today, and came home with a used 07 Trek 3900 in excellent condition. I'm still getting accustomed to being back in the saddle again, and the 7 miles of riding I did today felt foreign, but made for a wonderful workout. I still need to find a saddle to support my overweight 240 pound frame properly, and the grips on my new two wheeled ride still need some improvement, but I think I'm off to a good start.

I'm looking forward to digging through these forums for the tips and tricks that will make my renewed love of cycling worthwhile again, but I just thought I'd say Hi first.

mtbr member
    Awesome! Keep it going. I too was away from the bike for a way long time and eventually work stress and travel had me feeling like crap and overweight. I made some changes and got back on the bike. Check out my blog if you are interested in my adventure over the past three years: http://www.thecyclenut.me/

puts the FU in fun
    Hi! I know the feeling. I rode and raced XC all the time as a teenager. Then I got a driver's license and my priorities changed. That was 1995, and it wasn't until a little over a year ago that I got back into it.

What I've learned is that no matter how long you've been away, it comes back quickly (like riding a....). The bikes, not to mention the trails seem so much better to me than they did fifteen years ago it's amazing. Enjoy your new ride!
    Everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Members who have read this thread: 0