Am i good for my age?- Mtbr.com
    Quincy
    Apr 2006

Am i good for my age?

Im 13 and i was wondering if jumping a gap that almost 12 feet is good for my first year???
    DO YOU THINK YOU OWN THE ROAD?
    Why yes! Yes we do

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Fishing for compliments? Hope you're wearing a helmet. Jumping 12 foot gaps? Yeah that's good, but I think you know that already. Do I think it's smart? No. Now if you'd gotten straight A's in school and were just accepted to Harvard I'd be impressed. People who jump bikes are a dime a dozen and they usually end up riddled with arthritis by the time their 40. Not the best thing to get good at.

another bozo on the bus
    if you are having fun, you are good enough. if you are just concerned about how you size up with everyone else, you are doing something wrong.

Muhuhahaha
    Age has nothing to do with it. Hows your landing? Are you landing perfitly? Or are you landing alittle sideways. Jumping is all a matter of speed and looking to the landing. At your age if you work on those things and compete then you will have a beater standing later on down the road agianst other riders in your class.

mtbr member
    I 2nd Fred3.

Isn't Matt Hoffman in pretty rough shape these days?

Shoot, look at Kneivel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The cynicism in this thread isn't to my liking. Yes, jumping bikes will have negative effects on your body but this guy isn't making a career out of jumping. Besides, whats the point in living if you can';t be passionate about something, weithe rit hurts you or not. We re all going to die anyways, I'd rather go out having pushed myself to the limit instead of backing out because I'm going to physically damage myself. You only live once, you'll never get another chance to lve in this physical world again. I say go for it and just don't be stupid. You wil ldie someday, but that doesnt meant you need to make that day tomorrow.

mtbr member
    So your 13, have a day job as a soccer ref, and it says you have been riding since 2004. You are either a really big BS'er fishing for compliments on something not too impressive, or have found a way to live outside of the physical boundaries that exist on earth.

EDIT: and in a post you made recently you stated you were 12 and turning 13 in december.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    I have to ask for them to do a "Number two" on my head

mtbr member
    get good grades in school, go to college, go to grad school, get a good job, and then you'll be good for your age.

I am the law
    May 2006

Give the kid a break...

He just discovered his first pube and wants everyone to know how excited he is.

12 ft. gaps? Is that all? You need to huck that baby off a suspension bridge or something along those lines. Then you'll be good enough.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skygod74
    He just discovered his first pube and wants everyone to know how excited he is.

12 ft. gaps? Is that all? You need to huck that baby off a suspension bridge or something along those lines. Then you'll be good enough.

He just dosent seem to honest about his claims. I remember when I was 12 everything was about 10 times bigger than it really was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    I have to ask for them to do a "Number two" on my head

mtbr member

Lighten UP!!

Quote Originally Posted by karpiel666
    So your 13, have a day job as a soccer ref, and it says you have been riding since 2004. You are either a really big BS'er fishing for compliments on something not too impressive, or have found a way to live outside of the physical boundaries that exist on earth.

EDIT: and in a post you made recently you stated you were 12 and turning 13 in december.

This is a 12 yr old kid, folks! Lighten up! It's quite possible this kid's been riding since he was 8. Quite normal actually. As for the soccer ref, a lot of 12 to 16 yr old kids ref the younger kids games. Remember you were 12 once. Be nice!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitebread
    The cynicism in this thread isn't to my liking. Yes, jumping bikes will have negative effects on your body but this guy isn't making a career out of jumping. Besides, whats the point in living if you can';t be passionate about something, weithe rit hurts you or not. We re all going to die anyways, I'd rather go out having pushed myself to the limit instead of backing out because I'm going to physically damage myself. You only live once, you'll never get another chance to lve in this physical world again. I say go for it and just don't be stupid. You wil ldie someday, but that doesnt meant you need to make that day tomorrow.
    Spoken like someone who doesn't have a family to support. There's much more to be passionate about other than jumping a toy.

Personally, I'd rather "go out" knowing that I was able to continue biking and snowboarding well into my retirement rather than becoming a 50 year old cripple.

mtbr member
    I remember when i was 12 i used to do 12 foot gaps with out hesitation, now for some reason i don't. Don't know why, maby i just think about it too much now. i do agree with washedup though

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-T
    Spoken like someone who doesn't have a family to support. There's much more to be passionate about other than jumping a toy.

Personally, I'd rather "go out" knowing that I was able to continue biking and snowboarding well into my retirement rather than becoming a 50 year old cripple.
    My post applies to more than just jumping a toy.

Haro Sonix LT VL120
    May 2006
    Hey there Nick,

I'm 17 and I do xc riding alot so I'm not to experianced in jumping but I think if you can do it safely and wisely, more power to you. remember school is more important than riding. : )

David

Members who have read this thread: 0