mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Air Fork adjustment

I recently threw on my first air fork on my bike. Its the Mantiou R7 Absolute (got it at a great price too ) anyways, I just wanted to know if there are any tips for getting this thing adjusted just right.

I put a zip-tie to see the sag and and exactly how much travel I'm getting out of the fork after riding the trails for 2 days. I have the sag down right, but I noticed it won't travel all the way to the top.

The recommended PSI is 45-175, it came already set at 45 so I bumped it up to 60. I have yet to bottom out with the fork even in some parts/drops on the trail I thought should. How can I get the most travel out of my fork and make it more "plush"? I weigh 160 if that makes any difference...

Thanks for any feedback
    Last edited by mf1171; 12-13-2008 at 07:39 PM.

Old man on a bike
    I took a look at the manual online and it has a table showing seal to crown measurements, for an 80mm travel model 103mm, for a 100mm model 123mm...so you might want to measure your maximum travel rather than just looking at the exposed stanchion.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Former Bike Wrench
    beat me to it

what Bikinfoolferlife said...my 80mm fork has ~95mm of stanchion tube exposed

Members who have read this thread: 0