2011 Fisher G2 Advance vs. 2011 Specialized Hardrock disk vs. 2011 Cannondale Trail 6- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

2011 Fisher G2 Advance vs. 2011 Specialized Hardrock disk vs. 2011 Cannondale Trail 6

Hey all, I'm looking for my first real mountain bike. I don't know too much about the individual parts, but I know a bit. Im 19yrs old, 5'10, 200lbs and looking to spend somewhere from $400-600, but nothing above that. I've been looking around for a few days and have narrowed my selection down to 3 bikes, but cant decide on one.

2011 Trek (Gary Fisher Collection) G2 Advance - $569.99
    **Also looking at the Wahoo if I can find it for the right price.**

vs.

2011 Specialized Hardrock Disk - $520

vs.

2011 Cannondale Trail 6 - $549

Any help will be appreciated thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Have you ridden these bikes? My suggestion is if you're getting an entry level bike and you're an entry level rider, go with what feels comfortable and don't focus too much on components. Chances are, if you're a beginner, you're going to get better and want to upgrade to different stuff anyway. These bikes won't have too big a gap in component quality I wouldn't think. Just ride the bikes and see what's comfortable to you. For instance, the Specialized and the Fisher are going to have totally different feels because of the different frame geometrics. I ride a Fisher Marlin, when I was looking i tested the Fisher and the specialized - totally different. don't stress so much about the components now, worry about that as you progress if you're on a tight budget

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    buy the one that feels best to you when you test ride them. Components between them won't be that much different, your best bet is to find one that has a frame that fits you. Upgrade them as you feel necessary but not right away.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Yes that reminds me. When I was looking for my first bike and questioning around on MTBR one member told me to pick a frame which I like. If you like your frame you can built around it. I picked the Fisher because I personally loved the G2 geometry that the frame offered. If I want, I can upgrade all the components to whatever I wanted. Hope this helps.

Members who have read this thread: 0