mtbr member
    May 2008

2008 Jamis Durango 3

Well, like many of you looking at this "beginners forum" I was looking for a bike. So many out there, which one to buy. I have been looking since May not knowing exactly what I wanted because the sport was so new to me. I did have a store bought mongoose that worked well for me or so I thought. I overlooked the slipping gears, and the sticking brakes. I just couldn't overlook the fact that I just did not enjoy riding it. That was when I got serious about looking for a replacement. I finally made the purchase of a Jamis Durango 3. It is an '08 model so the sticker was $1000 but the out the door price was $799. A little Christmas present for me. I rode it out of the shop and was immediately liberated and relieved. Everything seemed so smooth. Changing gears, braking, even pedaling felt natural without any bumps or glitches. I have had this bike for 12 hours but could not be happier with everything. The search is on for places to go.
    A little long winded I know, but for those of you that are on the fence about making the leap to a real bike, take the plunge. Merry Christmas.

Former Bike Wrench
    Jamis represents a quality bike that is always well equipped for the price. Enjoy your bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I bought a Jamis Dakota sport (08 closeout) a few months ago and have been very satisfied with it so far. The bike is put away for the season now, but I can't wait to get back out in the spring and start riding again. Jamis bikes are spec'd very well for the price and offer a good alternative to other bike manufacturers; enjoy your bike!

Members who have read this thread: 0