My first ever home brew- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My first ever home brew

My son gave me a MR. BEER home brewing kit.
    Here's the first pour of my first brew (Blonde Ale)
    I poured the second (left) too aggressively.

Tastes Good! I have a lager fermenting, and will do a stout for St. Patrick's Day!

Former Bike Wrench
    I first started with Mr Beer since I got it for a gift four years ago, it's decent beer though I found most of their varieties under hopped for my PNW palette.

mtbr member
    I'll be looking to get a bit more hop flavor into mine eventually - for now, I'm stoked to be learning the basics!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I take it you mean bitterness, as opposed to hop aroma. If you want more of the first, boil longer, though your returns over 60 min drop off pretty steeply. The best way to get more of the second, in my experience, is to "dry hop." Dry hopping is adding hops on transfer to a secondary. I prefer whole hops, as opposed to pellets - I think they give a fresher flavor. Visit you local brewshop - they should help you out.

mtbr member
    I like the bitter side of the spectrum. When I get a little more experience, I'll try your suggestions. Thanks!

Single Track Mind
    I got a Mr Beer this Christmas as well. My first batch was bleh, but I made a lot of dumb mistakes. I just put up new batch of Canadian Draft, and I think it will come out much better.

I am really excited about learning the craft. Keep us other noob brewers posted about any breakthroughs you have.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Looks like a good start to an ongoing hobby/obsession!

I started with a sack made out of tarp material that had a built in airlock and all the ingredients inside. Drinkable, but barely!

Many years later, I continue to expand things and can't imagine not making my own. It's great to be able to create a batch to your own tastes and have it available whenever you want.

Davir

Mr beer

Just finished my first batch came out pretty good i think im hooked

bikeboatbrewski
    Congrats, you now or will have the ability to brew the best beer in the world. Yours.

Members who have read this thread: 0