Beer Fridge for the garage- Mtbr.com
    fc
    head minion Administrator

Beer Fridge for the garage

Ok, I'm getting one.

Recommendations?

I have pint glasses to chill and a lot of those 750 ml size beer bottles.

links, prices?

fc

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    we just used our old one from kitchen when we got new one.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dadat40
    we just used our old one from kitchen when we got new one.
    like dadat40 said, when we bought our house, we had a 1 year old fridge that was perfect for the garage.

curious though. why would you want to chill your glasses?

mtbr member
    Put the food in the garage fridge and beer in the kitchen. It will save you time when you need to get up for a beer.

gimme friction
    Get bigger than you think you need (no mini fridges), as the extra space always comes in handy.

Another benefit of full-size: you may eventually decide you want kegs and taps, and that conversion is super easy to do with a full-size fridge.

I'd personally go craigslist instead of new. Lots of deals on newer units, especially with foreclosures and whatnot.
    Johnny Ryall rode MTB

No no...the OTHER LA.
    Jul 2005
    Used is OK, but what the latest energy-efficient models cost in extra, they might make up in lower energy bills.

Do you envision ever running pony (or 5gallon) kegs? It's really cool to be able to just walk out and open a tap from a keg of killer microbeer. Even cooler when it's homebrew. If you don't see that ever happening, I would get a full size, cheap, energy efficient model. A converted chest freezer is the bomb for running taps though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I don't think that there are that many walk/ride in fridges in the garage size available new or used. I think that's about the right size. Cost? At least an arm & leg.

mtbr member
    Garage walk in fridge/freezer would be awesome! I'd put a little lazyboy and tv in there while your at it. So when your injured you don't need an ice pack just hang out in the freezer and your that much closer to your beer.

Lots of fullsize fridges on craigslist. I was working in a house once and the homeowner offered to give me his old super sized wall unit fridge/freezer. the thing was like 6 feet wide and 7 feet tall! I would have taken it if I had a place to put it.

Members who have read this thread: 0