The bar I go to has specials on only draft beer?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2011

The bar I go to has specials on only draft beer?

Normally I drink Bud Light from the bottle, but this new bar I go to only offers specials on draft beer, and the only "light" beers they have on tap are Miller Lite and Coors Light.
    I've been drinking Miller Lite, but lately it seems as it's been giving me a headache. It's also been tasting really skunky there...some freaky aftertaste.
    Should I switch to Coors Light? All of the bartenders automatically fill me up with Miller Lite without asking me. Do bartenders get annoyed when you change your usual drink on them?
    -----------------
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect.

mtbr member
    Do not make any rash decisions.
    Going from Miller Lite to Coors Light could be life changing.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Oh my, I would hate to be you. Those are some real problems ya gots there sir. The only time you sadden the bartender is with too small of tip, I don't think he would care if you filled your glass from the urinal if you left better than 20% on your bill..

don't fear the barleywine
    This is a perfect post to support a new theory:

Make the bars charge 3x or 4x more than usual for American piss beer. The fans of this swill will get so sick of paying those prices that they’ll be forced to buy craft beer. They’ll eventually develop a taste and appreciation for actual beer, and we can rid our society of carbonated piss water once and for all. Just a theory, though.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe's Tavern

Make the bars charge 3x or 4x more than usual for American piss beer. The fans of this swill will get so sick of paying those prices that they’ll be forced to buy craft beer. They’ll eventually develop a taste and appreciation for actual beer, and we can rid our society of carbonated piss water once and for all. Just a theory, though.
    But then Dogfish Head, etc would run out of the good stuff even faster.

Currently in Exile
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky2020
    Normally I drink Bud Light from the bottle, but this new bar I go to only offers specials on draft beer, and the only "light" beers they have on tap are Miller Lite and Coors Light.
    I've been drinking Miller Lite, but lately it seems as it's been giving me a headache. It's also been tasting really skunky there...some freaky aftertaste.
    Should I switch to Coors Light? All of the bartenders automatically fill me up with Miller Lite without asking me. Do bartenders get annoyed when you change your usual drink on them?
    -----------------
    What, no PBR? If the bar you go to only has Bud Light, Miller Light, and Coors Light on tap, you need to go to a different bar.

Yes, the bartender will be pissed at you when you stop coming in. But you will be at a different bar, so you won't really care.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

slap happy

this. words of wisdom.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky2020
    -----------------

BAD TROLL! Go Home!
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines

RIS
    banned
    Nov 2009

Yup.

Members who have read this thread: 0