V2 Dropout Hanger Loose- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    269

    V2 Dropout Hanger Loose

    I'm assembling the dropouts on my Rune which has boost v2 dropouts.

    With the bolt screwed in all the way to the hanger, it can slide back and forth. I assume not a problem once the wheel is in there.

    Is this normal? Below is a pic, can see the extra space.

    V2 Dropout Hanger Loose-invbzjv.jpg

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadmos View Post
    I'm assembling the dropouts on my Rune which has boost v2 dropouts.

    With the bolt screwed in all the way to the hanger, it can slide back and forth. I assume not a problem once the wheel is in there.

    Is this normal? Below is a pic, can see the extra space.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iNVbzjv.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	1247897
    Not normal. The bolt should be flush with the dropout. Carefully check that you have not cross threaded the bolt. I think the factory loctite makes it seem like it is a bit tougher to thread in than expected. Just be very careful!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiebruster View Post
    Not normal. The bolt should be flush with the dropout. Carefully check that you have not cross threaded the bolt. I think the factory loctite makes it seem like it is a bit tougher to thread in than expected. Just be very careful!
    Yeah it felt like it was bottoming out, so I just stopped. I gave it the beans (gently) and now its fully seated. There was quite a bit of dried threadlocker gooped onto the threads...

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadmos View Post
    Yeah it felt like it was bottoming out, so I just stopped. I gave it the beans (gently) and now its fully seated. There was quite a bit of dried threadlocker gooped onto the threads...
    Nice work!

Similar Threads

  1. Pivot Mach 4 frame/dropout stripped @ hanger bolt - 2010
    By Rollin'in'Zona in forum Pivot Cycles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 05:43 PM
  2. WTB: Carbine Hanger / Right Dropout
    By hkenshin in forum Intense
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 03:20 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
  4. Bent derailluer hanger/dropout on Mt Vision
    By birdman829 in forum Marin
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 02:22 PM
  5. Dawg Supreme Rear Hanger/Dropout-hub Fit
    By sbeishline in forum Kona
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 05:41 PM

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.