thus far I am very impressed...- Mtbr.com
    Cannonball!

thus far I am very impressed...

Several months after talking with Keith at last year's Sea Otter and demoing the Spitfire, my Intense 6.6 developed a crack at the base of the seat tube. I contacted Intense several times leaving several messages and e-mails which were not returned regarding the issue. Granted, I was not the original owner, but common courtesy would have been to respond with at least a "sorry sir, there isn't anything we can do for you at this time." Prior to this I was a believer in the Intense brand and even purchased a Tracer VP for my wife, I would have been happy to purchase another one to replace my 6.6 with, if I would have been treated well.

After testing several other 5-6" trail bikes from the top manufactures of the industry, my decision was made to purchase a Spitfire. However, there weren't any nearby Banshee dealers and I have a pretty solid relationship built with my LBS. I contacted Banshee via e-mail and they responded within hours, with instructions for my LBS to get them set-up to order my Spitty for me. Within 3-4 days my frame arrived, when I opened the box the BB and headtube were faced/chased, there was a nice seat post included, extra bushings, and a spare deraileur hanger! Oh yeah, did I mention that this frame cost $800 less than my wife's Intense! Which, by the way, didn't come with any of those goodies.

From the moment I got it built, the Spitfire has suited my needs perfectly. I have ridden it on hundred of miles of XC, I have done some light freeride, steep and deep downhill, you name it. This year I have already raced 2 Super-D races (finishing 7th twice, out of 25 cat II racers) and an XC race (finished top ten in a field of 40 cat II racers.) I couldn't be happier with the performance of my Spitfire or Banshee as a company!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Had my first ride on my spitty last night. It RAWKS!!
    Up, down... sideways... it did everything.

mtbr member
    I love my rune and all, but I can't help but eye the spitfire with a little bit of jealousy... But hey, I can look as long as I don't touch, right?

Cannonball!
    A brief test of the Rune was the start of the obsession that eventually led to my purchase of a Spitty.

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExCactus
    I love my rune and all, but I can't help but eye the spitfire with a little bit of jealousy... But hey, I can look as long as I don't touch, right?
    Love my rune... but I am checking for Prime updates like every 10 minutes

Hard funkinī Kraut
    Letīs say I love Banshee and their Bikes

Itīs really fantastic how Jay, Keith, Robert and Jon (new to the team) are related to their Customers - very very very few Companies have an Attidude like that
    Yes, Banshee is a small Company and they deserve to grow, but I hope these guys keep on beeing as close to the rider as possible!

Greetings from Cologne, Germany
    NoStyle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Love my rune... but I am checking for Prime updates like every 10 minutes
    Are you testing one of the prototypes? If so, you have to bring it out to Duthie so I can check out her welds

FM
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExCactus
    Are you testing one of the prototypes?
    You bet! Actually I am logging data and sending to Keith right now.

Calm like a Bomb
    good to hear....I am considering a Spitfire myself to add to the quiver...I don't really ride XC..more AM type stuff and am pretty stoked so far what i tread about this bike

Cannonball!
    XC is a race, all mountain is an attitude!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    You bet! Actually I am logging data and sending to Keith right now.

wholly smokes!! That's high tech

mtbr member
    May 2009
    i must say, in case of a problem, they really rspond in like no time...
    i have had a rune for 2 years now, and bought a legend this winter. both rock...
    and it is so convincing, that my neighbor actually sold his 2 year old ironhorse sunday, and ordered a legend, after riding mine for the first time...

lets hope that the paradox will be renewed next season (more standover, tapered steerer tube) and i think i will get one more banshee

Nucking Futs
    +1 on the Spitfire. Why they made a steep setting is beyond me, rode in this setting for some ride's and tried the slack setting for 1 ride so far and it blows everything way. While the steep setting obviously improves on pedalling efficiency and a bit better fit, the slack is too much fun. Gotta watch your pedals tho. I've noticed I carry much more speed on previous boring bits of trail aswell as the actuall fun and challenging stuff, just cause it's now actually fun to do so. Very pleased with it.

All in I am a Banshee fan. Allthough I won't claim them to be the absolute best quality by far, they do have allot of work on finnishing touches(better finnish linkage bolts, allign all cableguides better they look like a mess - atleast on my Spitty's DT and a few more minor details) the majority of everything is there. One big let down is them not doing a floating brake on the Scythe like other simulair rigs like the Tranny Blindside but that is a different discussion. The few problems i've had with all the frame's i've had so far aren't that big to forget how much I love my ride's.
    Amplify Your Ūide!

Spitfire Amp Scythe

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    i hate to say it but i liked my pyre more than the spitty! i can understand what banshee is trying to acomplish with the spitfire. giving it more of a DH style of ride, but shorten up the chainstay an maybe raise the bb a touch, an steeping it a half degree an you will have the bike of all bikes. now that being said, i'm a still a fan of banshee, but i don't see myself staying to much longer with the spitty, sorry!

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonz212
    i hate to say it but i liked my pyre more than the spitty! i can understand what banshee is trying to acomplish with the spitfire. giving it more of a DH style of ride, but shorten up the chainstay an maybe raise the bb a touch, an steeping it a half degree an you will have the bike of all bikes. now that being said, i'm a still a fan of banshee, but i don't see myself staying to much longer with the spitty, sorry!
    Sooooo...you'd make it an entirely different bike.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    no dude i just would've never bought it an should've stayed with what i had!! any idea on how much i can get for it????

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonz212
    no dude i just would've never bought it an should've stayed with what i had!! any idea on how much i can get for it????
    Toss it up on e-bay or craigslist and see. You'll get as much as someone is willing to pay.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

person
    Quote Originally Posted by coiler-d
    Several months after talking with Keith at last year's Sea Otter and demoing the Spitfire, my Intense 6.6 developed a crack at the base of the seat tube. I contacted Intense several times leaving several messages and e-mails which were not returned regarding the issue. Granted, I was not the original owner, but common courtesy would have been to respond with at least a "sorry sir, there isn't anything we can do for you at this time." Prior to this I was a believer in the Intense brand and even purchased a Tracer VP for my wife, I would have been happy to purchase another one to replace my 6.6 with, if I would have been treated well.

After testing several other 5-6" trail bikes from the top manufactures of the industry, my decision was made to purchase a Spitfire. However, there weren't any nearby Banshee dealers and I have a pretty solid relationship built with my LBS. I contacted Banshee via e-mail and they responded within hours, with instructions for my LBS to get them set-up to order my Spitty for me. Within 3-4 days my frame arrived, when I opened the box the BB and headtube were faced/chased, there was a nice seat post included, extra bushings, and a spare deraileur hanger! Oh yeah, did I mention that this frame cost $800 less than my wife's Intense! Which, by the way, didn't come with any of those goodies.

From the moment I got it built, the Spitfire has suited my needs perfectly. I have ridden it on hundred of miles of XC, I have done some light freeride, steep and deep downhill, you name it. This year I have already raced 2 Super-D races (finishing 7th twice, out of 25 cat II racers) and an XC race (finished top ten in a field of 40 cat II racers.) I couldn't be happier with the performance of my Spitfire or Banshee as a company!
    Glad to hear about your good experiences with the frame and the company. Granted, I've been waiting for mine to get here for almost a couple months now, but the service I've received from everyone (dealer, manufacturer and even the distributer) has been amazing. Looking forward to a long relationship with this bike and Banshee as a whole. Congrats on the Spitfire!
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

Cannonball!
    Sorry that people are having to wait to get their Spitfires, but it is worth a wait! I guess it just means that they are selling well, and supplies are limited. That seems to indicate that Banshee must have done something right with this machine!

Members who have read this thread: 0