RUNE v2 sizing help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

RUNE v2 sizing help

Hi Guys

First post here so be gentle

Im riding a 20" orange alpine at the minute but am just about to order a RUNE v2

going by the geo on banshee's site the xl rune would be the closest fit to my current frame, but at 6'2 tall banshee recommend the large frame.

I am 6'2 with a 34" inside leg, anyone here about the same size? what size you riding?

it will initially be on 26" wheels if that make a different.

I run a reverb on the alpine and iv about 5" showing plus the 125 drop so its very long, worried the large would have me too @rse up head down for longer days pedalling.

cheers

kendo

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I'm coming from a xl covert that fit me perfect at 6'4. My xl rune feels a bit more tight in the cockpit with my 40mm stem that I switched over. It all depends on how you like your bikes, but if I were you I'd order a xl and run a short stem.

mtbr member
    5'11", long legs(33" inseam) with a shorter upper torso. I swapped from a medium with a 35mm stem to a small with a 50mm stem, mainly because I wanted a more playful bike and changing frame sizes gave me that in terms of a shorter wheelbase.
    Get whatever you think'd fit you and your riding style. Recommendations are just that, a recommendation.

mtbr member

how does it handle climbing?

Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas View Post
    5'11", long legs(33" inseam) with a shorter upper torso. I swapped from a medium with a 35mm stem to a small with a 50mm stem, mainly because I wanted a more playful bike and changing frame sizes gave me that in terms of a shorter wheelbase.
    Get whatever you think'd fit you and your riding style. Recommendations are just that, a recommendation.
    I consider replacing my medium Wlidcard with short stem to a Rune but the M size look a bit big comparing to the wildcard.
    I'm 1.83m (6 foot) will I have hard time climbing?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amrayo View Post
    I consider replacing my medium Wlidcard with short stem to a Rune but the M size look a bit big comparing to the wildcard.
    I'm 1.83m (6 foot) will I have hard time climbing?
    Can't answer you there, I hate climbing and mostly avoid it by getting off and pushing.
    For reference, I had a medium WC with a 35mm stem, could easily ride a small WC with a 50mm and swapped my medium Rune with a 35mm for a small Rune with a 50mm stem. Then I read the forums and see guys around my height riding a large Rune. So... Rider preference.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Well I've ordered the xl 2015 frame...... Just need to decide on cc inline or db air cs shock

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I reckon you've made the right choice mate, Im 6ft 2 and a half and found the Large rune too short - noticeably so. I'm on a XL spitfire with 50mm stem = perfect!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Just a quick update....

Frame arrived and built last week, xl feels perfect

Just 1 thing.... Do you guys route your rear cabled inside or outside the swing arm? I've mine inside as it looks neater but most pics I see have the cables outside?

mtbr member
    Is there anyone in Southern BC, even better the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley with an XL Rune V2 I could just throw a leg over to test the fit?

I am 6'2", very long torso and short inseam and tested a friends XL Specialized Enduro 29r which has very similar reach numbers and it felt almost perfect, if not a tad long, with a 75 mm stem on it. The shop I would order from does not carry any stock.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Ok guys, I've got my heart set on a 2015 Banshee Rune and debating of what size frame to go with Medium or Large. I'm 5'10" tall, 32 1/2" inseam approx 240 lbs... Yup I'm heavier than most and plan to get into shape while having fun on a Banshee.

I'm getting back into mountain biking and looking to purchase something I won't likely replace in quite a while. I was originally shopping for a Spitfire as trails was my interest, but after going to whistler seeing all the riders coming down to the base got my blood flowing and now considering the Rune instead as result of its capabilities including climbing if I need to.

I have ridden both M & L frames 27.5 wheels and found the medium frame easier to climb with and the larger frame more confident to charge down a hill and lean on a corner. Perhaps the medium was easier to climb as geometry and setup may be better but shakey on downhill especially at slower speeds, could be me with my poor skill of balance.

The medium felt a bit cramped for pedalling unless I rose the seat height, the bike mech at the store suggested longer stem 60 to a 70? I rode a large at a different store and they said a shorter stem of 35 or 40 on a large might be good for me.

I do feel comfortable on the large but I sure like the way the medium climbed. Is it possible to obtain similar climbing on large as I experienced on medium frame by seat fore/aft positioning and stem size?

I know I asked a few questions, but I'm ready to pull the trigger but need help as to what frame size to get.. Thanks for all your help.

L