Prime - seat post and shock tune- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2019

Prime - seat post and shock tune

Hi all,

Finalising my Prime and wanted to know what the max insertion length for a dropper is for an XL frame? I can't find the info on the banshee website but I could be being usess!

Will also be running a CCDBairIL, does anybody know the base time for the prime? Came creek no longer have it on their site.

Ta muchly.

mtbr member
    Can't help you with the new ones, but I have a pre-production original XL from 2013 and I can easily fit a 150mm 9point8 FallLine post in it with about an inch under the collar and the new ones have a shorter ST by 1.3". If it's any help, the measurement from the centre of my BB to top of saddle is 32.25" running 175mm cranks. Just pushed the regular post I have on it now in as far as it would go and it went down just a bit over 11", so take away the 1.3" for the newer model and that's about 9.7"/245mm. Fairly sure someone else will chime in who owns the new one.

No clue on the DB Inline.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Thanks for the info. Did the dropper still actuate when pushed down that far?

I've tried to get the info out of banshee but had no response from either email or website contact forms

I really don't know why it isn't on the website as it is a critical bit of info these days!

mtbr member
    Yeah, absolutely no issues what so ever with actuation, could probably slam it all the way to the post collar without any issues, but have since transferred it onto my Unit as that's my main ride these days, so can't check. Liking the pureness of the rigid running 29+, I have to be the one making things happen vs something like the Prime that's not too fussed on line choice

Quote Originally Posted by Sidlaw View Post
    Thanks for the info. Did the dropper still actuate when pushed down that far?

I've tried to get the info out of banshee but had no response from either email or website contact forms

I really don't know why it isn't on the website as it is a critical bit of info these days!
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I've a current XL, and I'm running a 170mm One Up post. I could drop it all the way down to the collar and still works. I'm about to get one of their 210mm models.