Prime Bushings Replacement- Mtbr.com
    CP

Prime Bushings Replacement

Hey all,

I've gone through the bushing thread ( http://forums.mtbr.com/banshee-bikes...nt-662002.html ) and still have a question about replacing shock bushings on my Prime.

What bushings (part numbers) would I need to purchase for a Cane Creek DB Air shock, mounted on a 2013 Prime? I just want to make sure I order the correct parts. Thanks for any insight

CP

mtbr member
    Now seeing this, but better late than never right

First up, your Prime does not use bushing, it uses bearings for all the pivots.
    Second you need shock hardware as follows, 40mm x 8mm and 25.4mm x 8mm, what the CC part numbers are for them, I have no clue, check Cane Creeks site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

CP
    thanks for chiming in. I know that pivots use bearings. I just need to replace the shock eyelet BUSHINGS. Anyone tried these? RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by C.P. View Post
    thanks for chiming in. I know that pivots use bearings. I just need to replace the shock eyelet BUSHINGS. Anyone tried these? RWC SHOCK EYE NEEDLE BEARING KITS, 6MM & 8MM
    It should provide an even smoother operation of suspension.
    just use it on the swingarm bushing as frame bushing has almost no rotation.

mtbr member
    I've made my own needle bearings before and used them in a frame that the linkage did have a lot of rotation, but never bothered with the KS Link since it barely has any. As said if you want to give it a go, only really makes sense in the swingarm as it moves a tiny bit, frame hardly does.

Quote Originally Posted by C.P. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.