Paradox V3- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paradox V3

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Paradox V3

Ok pics are out and specs coming shortly. NEW BANSHEE BIKE THREAD yee haw.

Reading through Banshee's replies on the FB comments, here are a few things that seem hella rad:

• Initial run of frames - 50 raw only
    • "Rides soft" keeps coming up. Seems design was optimized for compliance
    • Focus on keeping it simple - no modular dropouts
    • Can fit 29x2.6 and 27.5+
    • SS will require a tensioner
    • Specs to drop this week
    • Ready to ride "by summer"

The stoke is high.

Prototype photos posted to Banshee FB 2019/03/20

Last edited by Lithified; 03-21-2019 at 04:55 PM.

shy of 60
    Aug 2014
    A future hardtail for me needs the ability to run 29 x 2.6 tires, have a slack ht angle, steep st angle, and able to run a 140/150mm fork. Hopefully the paradox v3 is an all mtn / enduro style frame. Can't wait to see the full details.

I always like these smaller manufacturers...was seriously considering a prime, but found a good deal on a used smash.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Last edited by Lithified; 03-22-2019 at 08:46 AM.

WNC Native
    your pics don't work....
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

smartass

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amish_matt View Post
    I do like what i saw

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I second that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    26lbs for an XL with a reasonable build? Nice!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

WNC Native
    I saw on Facebook that production has began on these.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

mtbr member
    Yeah, they said mine should be here by end of April Just kidding Yeah, looks like production has started rolling in, haven't heard any official word on when exactly they should start shipping, but guesstimates were early summer. Quite interested to swing a leg over one and see what all those fancy flex points manage to do to the ride quality, hoping that those, along with some nice fat rubber will make for a much more forgiving ride for us older folk that need some help absorbing impacts.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    I saw on Facebook that production has began on these.
    Paradox V3-screenshot_2019-04-03-banshee-bansheebikes-%95-instagram-photos-videos.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Which rear hub spacing will Banshee be specing on this frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    148x12 for paradox V3. Frame comes with quality sealed headset pre-installed, splined ISCG tabs, seat post clamp and bolt up rear axle.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

WNC Native
    So how much longer until we get to see the details?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Details will be released soon after production is ready, so around the end of the month most likely.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

WNC Native

Per Banshee Facebook Page

Basic Paradox V3 Info:
    (more to follow in time with new website, but this covers the basics)

MRSP $849USD for frameset (includes pre-installed high quality Banshee headset, seat clamp, chainstay protector and rear axle. (price varies a bit globally depending on taxes) Frames should start becoming available next month.

Paradox V3-57504311_2308038689254789_9206008265761095680_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    Basic Paradox V3 Info.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57504311_2308038689254789_9206008265761095680_o.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	1247026

Goood....... L is tailor sized for me!!!!

mtbr member
    Curious, how tall are you?

Quote Originally Posted by filbike View Post
    Goood....... L is tailor sized for me!!!!
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Iím bit more over 6í,1Ē but long legged.
    This size has the extra inch I need for TT and also 1Ē1/2 inch more in reach, compared to my Ď13 L Prime, on which I ride a bit short when seat is up

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thats the highest stack on a bike I can remember seeing. I haven't ridden a bike with stack that high so I am curious how it will affect the fit.

mtbr member
    Yup, what I thought, similar to me, not into the whole crazy long Reach geo thing myself would be riding a Large as well at 6'2" and probably with a 50-60mm stem, depending on what bar sweep I ran. Good thing is it opens up the market for those truly "XL" sized riders 6'5"> to have frames that fit them, but have to wonder how many of them there are or those who are going to actually go for the recommended longer reach size for their height.

Biggest new thing is the lesser offset, which could play a big part in not making it feel super stretched out and awkward trying to weight the front. This something I have not tried yet except on my slacker type bikes like the Pivot FB29 and Transition Sentinel tooling around and honestly, they are not all around bikes, they feel like $hit pedaling around on flat or tight and twisty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by filbike View Post
    Iím bit more over 6í,1Ē but long legged.
    This size has the extra inch I need for TT and also 1Ē1/2 inch more in reach, compared to my Ď13 L Prime, on which I ride a bit short when seat is up
    Well actually all the sizes on the previous generation Paradox all had the 451mm Stack, so it's only the L and XL that are increasing. What you need to look at also with the Stack number though is the BB height/drop, as I don't think Banshee are going crazy low with this, so relative to the Stack, you won't have your bar way up in the sky, or if taller need lots of spacers or high rise bar.

Quote Originally Posted by chris705 View Post
    Thats the highest stack on a bike I can remember seeing. I haven't ridden a bike with stack that high so I am curious how it will affect the fit.
    Last edited by LyNx; 04-17-2019 at 10:07 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    There are few things to consider with stack height.

#1 On hardtails when the bike sags the stack height reduces as fork compresses. On a full sus rig as you sag the bike the stack height increases (rear pretty much always compresses more than front).

#2 Got to consider fork axle to crown and wheel size with stack height.

#3 Stack height alone is kind of irrelevant, it's how it balances with reach, effective top tube and seat angle that matters... it's part of a relationship. Personally I'd like to see reach and stack geometry being changed to a single vector, so bb-bars length and angle relative to horizontal. I think that would help more with bike fit and be easier to understand. (I also wish all brands gave geometry at sag, but that's another rant! haha)

#4 Tall guys have generally been asking for higher stack height, as currently they require spacers under stem, and / or high rise bars to get a good ergonomic fit. Everyone is different, but that's why there is such a massive range of stem lengths, bar heights etc.

A few things to think about.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by builttoride View Post
    #3 Stack height alone is kind of irrelevant, it's how it balances with reach, effective top tube and seat angle that matters... it's part of a relationship. Personally I'd like to see reach and stack geometry being changed to a single vector, so bb-bars length and angle relative to horizontal. I think that would help more with bike fit and be easier to understand. (I also wish all brands gave geometry at sag, but that's another rant! haha)
    I wish more companies considered bike fit this way. I calculate the effective downtube of bikes using reach and stack. This gives me a much better idea of how the bike will fit than trying to compare every other measure of fit.If its not in a range I want I won't consider that size of bike.

Still the highest stack I have ever ridden on a hard tail was 640 and it felt high to me.

Braaap
    I'm going to link this here for those in the US.

https://www.dirtmerchantbicycles.com...radox-v3-frame

Only 4 medium frames made it into the first US shipment. Mediums are sold out/pre-ordered, a few large and XL frames are still available for a June delivery in the US.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Whats the max fork travel for this frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    150mm
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Thanks Keith!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Well good morning.....

Paradox V3-59517649_2344854525573205_7033794909035298816_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithified View Post
    Well good morning.....

Name:	59517649_2344854525573205_7033794909035298816_o.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	141.5 KB 
ID:	1250123
    Super sexy, cant wait to see mine in person!

mtbr member
    What color will the non-raw version be?
    Please say black...
    Banshee Amp
    Banshee Spifire
    Awaiting new Banshee Paradox

Braaap
    Quote Originally Posted by Allrotor13b View Post
    What color will the non-raw version be?
    Please say black...
    Only raw w/ blue decals for the time being.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles
    Providing unrivaled support and unbeatable pricing on all cycling goods to riders near and far.

mtbr member
    Nice geo! This frame has caught my eye. Love the Stack & Reach, plus the 142/148 rear spacing option (ADDED: Oops, thatís on one of the FS models - 148 for this baby). Can you give me a breakdown of the head tube angle at 120, 130, 140 & 150?

Iím guessing the geo readings in the chart at 550mm axle-crown are at 150 as my RS SID 100 measures approximately 500mm axle-crown unweighted (loose tape measure eyeballing...).

Any comments on ride feel are appreciated.
    Last edited by Whiptastic; 05-26-2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Shoot your TV, turn off your CPUís, get outside & start living!
    Banshee Paradox V3 / Soma Wolverine 3spd BD / Surly ECR

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiptastic View Post
    Nice geo! This frame has caught my eye. Love the Stack & Reach, plus the 142/148 rear spacing option (ADDED: Oops, thatís on one of the FS models - 148 for this baby). Can you give me a breakdown of the head tube angle at 120, 130, 140 & 150?

Iím guessing the geo readings in the chart at 550mm axle-crown are at 150 as my RS SID 100 measures approximately 500mm axle-crown unweighted (loose tape measure eyeballing...).

Any comments on ride feel are appreciated.
    550mm axle to crown = 140mm fork.

Rough rule of thumb is that 10mm of axle to crown height difference = 0.5degree head angle difference. (In reality this will depend on fork manufacturer and frame size assuming you use same wheelset)
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member

Boom! Paradox V3 video

((((((((( FAKAWI )))))))))))

mtbr member
    550mm axle to crown = 140mm fork.

Rough rule of thumb is that 10mm of axle to crown height difference = 0.5degree head angle difference. (In reality this will depend on fork manufacturer and frame size assuming you use same wheelset)
    Thank you for that. Now I can do some quick HT sag calcís...

What would you estimate the B.B. height to be with a 120mm fork?

Also I see you specíd the geo chart with a 44mm offset fork (as another poster mentioned). What are your thoughts regarding that and what will change with a 51mm vs. a 42mm offset with regards to feel?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fakawi View Post
    well you rode it!!.......what's your feelings??

mtbr member
    Coming from the old Paradox and Spitfire running 2.35 tires, the new 2.6 super tacky rubber setup feels a bit too grippy on the climbs.
    Riding position on the new geometry feels great on both climbing and descending.
    You feel like riding 'in' the bike..not 'on' a bike.. hard to describe.

I beat my old strava best time on a DH section without even trying hard.
    Maybe it's the bike. Maybe it's new bike stoke..

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thank you for that. Now I can do some quick HT sag calcís...

What would you estimate the B.B. height to be with a 120mm fork?

Also I see you specíd the geo chart with a 44mm offset fork (as another poster mentioned). What are your thoughts regarding that and what will change with a 51mm vs. a 42mm offset with regards to feel?
    If you dropped the axe to crown height by around 20mm, then the BB height would drop around 5mm. But you'll have a bit less fork sag, so when actually riding I suspect it would be more like 3-4mm.
    Regarding fork offset, if running a shorter fork, the longer offset would actually be beneficial, as short offset really works best with slacker geometry.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Curious if you have grabbed any nice close up shots of the frame details and tyre clearance etc, as not much is out there right now? What is your actual setup for wheels & tyres? What size frame are you on and did you size up or down compared to the previous generation?

Which tyres will really effect how much RR you get vs grip, some brands just manage to seem to work black magic and make tyres that roll decent, while still providing a crap load of traction. I remember back in the day when Kenda was top dog for grip, but then once others started producing stuff, people realised they actually rolled like molasses on a hot summers day, going up hill. my pick these days for tyres which seem to blend grip with decent rolling would be stuff from Maxxis or Bontrager, now testing Schwalbe to see if their claims that the new compounds actually roll better and last longer, because in the past, they didn't hold a candle to Maxxis in the plus arena.

Coming from the old Paradox and Spitfire running 2.35 tires, the new 2.6 super tacky rubber setup feels a bit too grippy on the climbs.
    Riding position on the new geometry feels great on both climbing and descending.
    You feel like riding 'in' the bike..not 'on' a bike.. hard to describe.

I beat my old strava best time on a DH section without even trying hard.
    Maybe it's the bike. Maybe it's new bike stoke..

mtbr member
    One last question. What spec rigid carbon fork would you recommend for this new geo? A2C=? Offset=?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    One last question. What spec rigid carbon fork would you recommend for this new geo? A2C=? Offset=?
    If you want to go full rigid then I'd personally recommend a fork with a2c of 530-540mm and short offset.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    If you're going to be looking at this as a rigid, I'd say definitely a 500mm A2C, a 510mm would probably be better, but that's the most I would go. Sagged a 140mm fork with 550mm A2C will measure about 510-520mm depending on how much sag you like and you won't have any suspension compression to worry about, so BB height and rest of geo will remain constant. If you want to make it slacker, run a 29+ front wheel/tyre, this will also provide some much needed cush.

One thing to note when riding rigid, if you don't already know, is that you don't need as slack geo because you don't have to compensate for a diving fork, geo stays constant. As an example, I ride my rigid 2017 Kona Unit with external lower cup, HTA about 68.5* on all our steepest trails without issue, bit slacker wouldn't hurt, but then climbing would suffer and it wouldn't be as all round as it is.

mtbr member
    What Iíll do is slap my ~500 A2C RS 100 SID 46 offset on there in lockout mode and try it out. Iíve found two carbon forks Iím interest in. One is 495/49 and the other is 510/51. The later is what I think will put me in-the-bike where I want to be with a sweet spot HTA of ~67*.

For reference, Iím 6í 2.5Ē with a long upper body. All my bikes have a few ďinchesĒ of stem spaces on them and because of the fork angle that extra height steals Reach from me, so long stems are needed to get back that Reach. I hate that look of extra oddball parts. It also puts the handlebars in front of the fork rotation center giving an undesirable steering feel. From what I can see on paper this geo will solve that and bring the bars back closer to the center rotation point; it is exactly what Iíve been hoping for. The high Stack and long Reach should give great out of saddle dancing room to throw my body around in. All my current bikes jam me when out of the saddle, especially when climbing.

On top of that, I prefer stiff frames and forks that give me total control and pinpoint response to my inputs, with direct feedback from the tires. The heavy Surly 29X2.5 ETís are my favorite all around tire (I ride mostly dry hardpack, gravel and even pavement at times). Mounted up on Velocity Dually i39 rims they measure ~2.6Ē and have a huge circumference with a 758 overall diameter (radius at knob shoulder width 352). At 230lbs. Iím going to try the new WTB KOM Tough i40ís on the front first, then make the call on a i35 vs. i40 in the rear.

Not a racer here. My dream will be to put a Rohloff with 148 Boost 12mm thru axle kit on it down the road. Canít wait for this beautiful work of art frame to arrive. My hat goes off to the designer. This thing should be a Stache slayer. 
    Last edited by Whiptastic; 06-02-2019 at 06:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I wasn't even after one. I'd convinced myself that a LT version of my Prime (which I love) would be the next purchase.

However, it's winter here in Australia and Melbourne is particularly wet. And I thought that riding my FS bikes in those conditions just ruins them, and adds extra miles on the shocks.

Additionally, how much different is ~150mm Prime LT going to be compared to what I have, especially as I run it with a160mm fork? Whenever that may become a reality.
    An aggressive HT adds more range to my ride vs more FS bikes.

So in the end I saw the Paradox and jumped on it. It's in the stand currently being built up and I still need a groupset to finish the job.

I will say it's a beautiful looking frame, and even with a 140mm fork looks so very slack at the HTA. The badge instead of a transfer on the HT is a nice touch.

Certainly I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks and rides when finished.
    More to follow.
    Last edited by JonJones; 06-03-2019 at 04:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Curious if you have grabbed any nice close up shots of the frame details and tyre clearance etc, as not much is out there right now? What is your actual setup for wheels & tyres? What size frame are you on and did you size up or down compared to the previous generation?

Here you go!
    This is running the Veetire FLOW SNAP 29 x 2.6" tyre front and back/

Paradox V3-screen-shot-2019-06-06-11.24.47-am.jpg

Paradox V3-screen-shot-2019-06-06-11.26.02-am.jpg

Paradox V3-screen-shot-2019-06-06-11.26.46-am.jpg

Paradox V3-screen-shot-2019-06-06-11.27.30-am.jpg

Paradox V3-screen-shot-2019-06-06-11.28.10-am.png

mtbr member
    Thanks for the pics, couple questions....What do those Vee tyres measure out to at the casing and knobs? What IW are those rims? Is your wheel not dished properly or is it just the angle you took the photo of the DS tyre clearance?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Paradox V3-53189ed6-df3e-48c4-9327-2e42706c5566.jpg

Parts pile complete, Paradox frame on the way...... sooooo stoked!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    You're in for a treat. The frame is just stunning. I've almost finished my build and am very happy with how it looks.

Have you decided on any blue to key into it colour wise? The Banshee logo on the bottom of the down tube and top of the top tube is much darker than the Paradox logo on the seat stays.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Paradox V3-20190615_153607.jpg

Finally got the bike completed, pending just a couple of parts.
    I'm waiting on a chainguide as well as a dropper post. Those will be with me in the next fortnight and I've got to let my shoulder heal up before getting on it.

Over time I've had a range of parts sitting in the garage waiting to be used and decided to hop on the frame whilst they're available.
    Fork, wheels and handlebar / stem are all items I already own, the groupset is new.

As it stands I'm very happy with it, of course I've yet to ride it but fingers crossed it delivers as planned.

Paradox V3-20190616_160956.jpg

Paradox V3-20190616_161011.jpg

There are some lovely details on the frame.

Paradox V3-20190616_161108.jpg

Spec is as follows.
    XL Paradox V3
    Fox Factory 34 at 140mm travel. Fast Cartridge damper
    Light bicycle carbon wheels on Bontrager Rhythm Pro Hubs
    XT groupset
    32t chainring
    46-11 cassette
    Bontrager Rhythm Pro Carbon bars 35mm diameter, 780mm X 27.5mm
    ODI Rogue grips
    Maxxis Forecaster 2.3
    Maxxis Ardent 2.3

Thanks for reading!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Nice!!!

Iíve got blue decals on my Ribbon Coil, blue tubeless valves, blue decals on my OneUp bar, and a blue Wolftooth Bling Kit. Iíve got a OneUp stem, so I thought it would be funny to have Wolftooth and OneUp ďdoiní itĒ on my headtube.....

Quote Originally Posted by JonJones View Post

Name:	20190615_153607.jpg 
Views:	836 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	1257823

Finally got the bike completed, pending just a couple of parts.
    I'm waiting on a chainguide as well as a dropper post. Those will be with me in the next fortnight and I've got to let my shoulder heal up before getting on it.

Over time I've had a range of parts sitting in the garage waiting to be used and decided to hop on the frame whilst they're available.
    Fork, wheels and handlebar / stem are all items I already own, the groupset is new.

As it stands I'm very happy with it, of course I've yet to ride it but fingers crossed it delivers as planned.

Name:	20190616_160956.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	297.4 KB 
ID:	1257827

Name:	20190616_161011.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	1257829

There are some lovely details on the frame.

Name:	20190616_161108.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	1257831

Spec is as follows.
    XL Paradox V3
    Fox Factory 34 at 140mm travel. Fast Cartridge damper
    Light bicycle carbon wheels on Bontrager Rhythm Pro Hubs
    XT groupset
    32t chainring
    46-11 cassette
    Bontrager Rhythm Pro Carbon bars 35mm diameter, 780mm X 27.5mm
    ODI Rogue grips
    Maxxis Forecaster 2.3
    Maxxis Ardent 2.3

Thanks for reading!

mtbr member
    OMG! The frame has arrived and it is gorgeous. This Banshee is screaming for a red Rohloff with silver spokes, but that will have to wait for a later date. Thinking about an Enduro Halo Vortex i33 29er wheelset to get this frame rolling. This is my first Boost bike, so nothing is lying around to throw on the rear. That dark & light blue on brushed alloy all coated with tinted clear and the Banshee ďBĒ reminds me of a cross between a classic raw aluminum bathtub Porsche and a Bentley; raw race inspired technology with a touch of class! Buyers will not be disappointed.

Now to decide what direction to take this build...

mtbr member
    You know you can't just do that right, that absolutely isn't allowed, you have to take that frame outside into the bright sun and try and grab some good pics for the rest of us

OMG! The frame has arrived and it is gorgeous. This Banshee is screaming for a red Rohloff with silver spokes, but that will have to wait for a later date. Thinking about an Enduro Halo Vortex i33 29er wheelset to get this frame rolling. This is my first Boost bike, so nothing is lying around to throw on the rear. That dark & light blue on brushed alloy all coated with tinted clear and the Banshee ďBĒ reminds me of a cross between a classic raw aluminum bathtub Porsche and a Bentley; raw race inspired technology with a touch of class! Buyers will not be disappointed.

Now to decide what direction to take this build...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Wow they look just look my trails!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I wasn't even after one. I'd convinced myself that a LT version of my Prime (which I love) would be the next purchase.

However, it's winter here in Australia and Melbourne is particularly wet. And I thought that riding my FS bikes in those conditions just ruins them, and adds extra miles on the shocks.

Additionally, how much different is ~150mm Prime LT going to be compared to what I have, especially as I run it with a160mm fork? Whenever that may become a reality.
    An aggressive HT adds more range to my ride vs more FS bikes.

So in the end I saw the Paradox and jumped on it. It's in the stand currently being built up and I still need a groupset to finish the job.

I will say it's a beautiful looking frame, and even with a 140mm fork looks so very slack at the HTA. The badge instead of a transfer on the HT is a nice touch.

Certainly I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks and rides when finished.
    More to follow.
    Are you dealing with Leon at Rushy's?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    No, sorry I don't know who that is. Are they in Melbourne Australia?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    No, sorry I don't know who that is. Are they in Melbourne Australia?
    Oops no, they're in Adelaide! I couldn't find anyone close to Cairns so just chose the nicest looking site!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Never heard of them, sorry.

I went through Mountain Bikes Direct, they're an online organisation in QLD.

They supplied the Paradox and Prime and were great to deal with.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Oh I didn't realise they did Banshee too! All sold out now!

Just saw the new Specialized Fuse 29 frame - $1,000! Makes the Banshee seem like a bargain hey.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Due to popular demand, another run of Paradox frames is currently in production... just thought you might want to know.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Kind of does doesn't it?

It looks good but not my preference.

I was also looking at the SC Chameleon and that was similar $$$. Lifetime warranty though for what that's worth to people.

In the end I didn't feel the same way about it as the Banshee, and now the money's spent, it's home and built and I can't wait to ride it. Just need to heal up and have it stop raining!

mtbr member
    You really didn't expect this to be such a hit?
    Due to popular demand, another run of Paradox frames is currently in production... just thought you might want to know.
    Man, that must really suck to have a new bike sitting there, ready to ride when you're injured and can't ride. Hope you heal up good and fast so you can enjoy your new bike.
    Kind of does doesn't it? It looks good but not my preference. I was also looking at the SC Chameleon and that was similar $$$. Lifetime warranty though for what that's worth to people.

In the end I didn't feel the same way about it as the Banshee, and now the money's spent, it's home and built and I can't wait to ride it. Just need to heal up and have it stop raining!

mtbr member
    I would, but no luck in posting pictures to this site in the past from free hosting sites Iíll post up a link once built. Maybe a nice trail or beach shot.

Hate not having a Boost 148 rear wheel sitting around to throw on and test out the cockpit fit with my flats, sweeps and Off-road Gary Ergo OS drops too. Sheís sitting with an uncut fork and two stems with both flats and wide off-road drops overlapping. I asked my LBS if anyone made an alloy bar similar to the Surly Sunrise with cross bar in a 15-35* sweep about 800ish wide, he pointed me to the Moonmen Ti. Ouch! But it sure does look good...

By the way, nice builds!

You know you can't just do that right, that absolutely isn't allowed, you have to take that frame outside into the bright sun and try and grab some good pics for the rest of us

mtbr member
    You don't own a hub that can taker a boostinator end cap setup, or just add some spacer to the NDS to give it a test fit?

Don't know about those bars, but I made the move to a SQ Lab 30x 16 degree sweep, 30mm rise, alu bar early 2018 on my rigid Unit because of a thumb injury and man am I loving it - (rise seems more like 15-20mm, they measure it weird I think. Just hoped on the Prime just to shift some gears and take it for a spin to not feel to akward on it when I might need to ride it and the Funn FatBar with 9 degree sweep felt very weird, felt like I was steering from a completely different axis compared to the 16* SQ Lab bar.

I would, but no luck in posting pictures to this site in the past from free hosting sites Iíll post up a link once built. Maybe a nice trail or beach shot.

Hate not having a Boost 148 rear wheel sitting around to throw on and test out the cockpit fit with my flats, sweeps and Off-road Gary Ergo OS drops too. Sheís sitting with an uncut fork and two stems with both flats and wide off-road drops overlapping. I asked my LBS if anyone made an alloy bar similar to the Surly Sunrise with cross bar in a 15-35* sweep about 800ish wide, he pointed me to the Moonmen Ti. Ouch! But it sure does look good...

By the way, nice builds!

that guy
    Jun 2011
    The geo on this bike is near perfect. Have you ever considered offering this frame in steel or titanium?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thankfully I'm patient, and there is no point rushing to ride it and making matters worse.
    It's raining at lot here so it means less wear on the trails and bike. And compared to a previous injury which took 2 surgeries and 16 weeks I can take this.

It is also just beautiful to look at!

Braaap

Frames are here!

What a beaut!

Paradox V3-p5pb17366051.jpg
    Paradox V3-p5pb17366048.jpg
    Paradox V3-p5pb17366049.jpg
    Paradox V3-p5pb17366050.jpg

This large weighs in at 5lb 8oz with headset cups, ISCG taps, axle, and seatpost collar. Frames ship with one spare RD hanger. We have a couple large frames and THE last XL frame available and ready to go!
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles

mtbr member
    Being an IGH addict Iím still old school 135. No worries though, a Halo Vortex 29 MT Supadrive wheelset is on its way. Not the lightest, but should stand up to my Clydesdale ways. Have all XT components from my Niner Jet 9 V2 that I just sold and a Sunrace 11-50T.

Agree about the SQlab bars. Running the 311ís on my Soma B-Side. Very comfortable and forgiving bar. Have Fourier Trailheads on my Surly ECR, another great comfort bar with a nice palm support bend in the middle of the grip area. Iíve also grow to like the SQlab innerbarends. They let your hands sit at about a 45* angle while cruising or climbing. Seriously thinking of testing this frame in Monster Cross form at some point. I think the off-road dropbars I have are about 620, wide for a drop and flared 21*; tops are 480 and a good 3Ē-4Ē higher. Test fitted on this frame they look race ready for speed.

Should have her rolling by the 4th of July, then the fun begins.

You don't own a hub that can taker a boostinator end cap setup, or just add some spacer to the NDS to give it a test fit?

Don't know about those bars, but I made the move to a SQ Lab 30x 16 degree sweep, 30mm rise, alu bar early 2018 on my rigid Unit because of a thumb injury and man am I loving it - (rise seems more like 15-20mm, they measure it weird I think. Just hoped on the Prime just to shift some gears and take it for a spin to not feel to akward on it when I might need to ride it and the Funn FatBar with 9 degree sweep felt very weird, felt like I was steering from a completely different axis compared to the 16* SQ Lab bar.

Gear Whore
    I'd love to compare this against my Chromag RD...the want is high! I miss my Prime...I hope the rumours are true about a LT Prime on the way...and that Keith keeps the ST long on the XL!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    With the second / subsequent runs are they exactly the same colour, or are you now considering adding different finishes?

Raw / blue looks so very good but I'm sure there are others after a different colour scheme.

And how does it look for LT Prime plans?
    Could it ever be just a link and shock travel adjustment?

Enquiring minds are eager to know.

mtbr member
    Jun 2019
    With the second / subsequent runs are they exactly the same colour, or are you now considering adding different finishes?

Raw / blue looks so very good but I'm sure there are others after a different colour scheme.

And how does it look for LT Prime plans?
    Could it ever be just a link and shock travel adjustment?

Enquiring minds are eager to know.
    I've been told that the other frame colour is going to be blue and yellow?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Trying to prise info out is like dealing with a cold war era Soviet spy...

Patient cat will need to be patient.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I can Neither confirm nor deny... but I will soon! Keep an eye on our facebook page, I'm out at the factory right now and might post a photo or 2.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    *cough* The colonel is in the pantry. *cough*
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Excellent - No need to up the sodium pentathol dosage to get this happening more quickly.

Post on FB looks the goods. Still happy with my raw + blue.

:^)
    Last edited by JonJones; 07-04-2019 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Seen FB post

mtbr member
    bowsing on Facebook Banshee Bikes I found some Mustard.... yeah
    Paradox V3-65838052_2451788018213188_981477216288243712_n.jpg
    Last edited by filbike; 07-26-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019

Wink

Hey itís Rushy from Rushys bicycle Servicing and Banshee dealer Australia in Central Queensland and Adelaide (although we ship frames anywhere in the country for $65) Yeah thereís a run of the yellow mustard colour, I havenít seen it in the flesh yet though. Just keep in mind gang we order direct from Banshee so arrival time is 2 weeks and will match other dealer prices of course. If anyone wants to check out what we are about go to www.rushys.com.au cheers

mtbr member
    The month and a half wait for my rigid 29+ carbon fork to arrive for this unique build has been painful. I see it finally arrived in Los Angeles, so it should be in my hands this week. Has anyone else experimented with a rigid fork on this new frame yet?

ďHOTDOG!Ē on the new mustard color.

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    Yeah mate we havnt done one with a rigid yet, would be keen to know how she rides when itís done!

mtbr member
    Just had my maiden voyage on my PV3. After riding a steel 29er for years I was curious about how it would ride. Did a hard charging dh with lots of roots and tight switchback corners on the climbs to test out my 2 concerns, being the resilience of the aluminium through rough stuff and the steep climbing switchbacks with the long wheelbase.
    Climbing was cool, with the steep seat angle you could swing the front end around the corners without lifting the front end, also helped by the longer front end. I was actually able to use less of the corners than normal (compared to my old hardtail which had a 70 mm shorter wheelbase!), cutting in tighter than usual.
    DH was also impressive, but a big part of that could be the CC Helm air fork, which was amazing. I've been running one all summer on my 27.5 carbon trail bike and was super impressed, and I got a smokin' deal on a 29er 44 mm offset so it is a perfect match for the Paradox. Most forks seemed valved for around 165 lbs and being around 220 lbs I usually have to modify the sh*t out of Rock Shox or Fox to get them to function. The Helm requires no such mods, a great big guy fork that is pure butter through roots, sore hands are a thing of the past with this fork. The Paradox ripped through corners and rough stuff, I'd be hard pressed to tell it wasn't a steel bike.
    Got to get a few more rides in but so far it's pretty sweet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox V3-20190811_161132.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Looks stunning. And it's good to hear another positive ride report.

I'm currently at least 3 months away from riding anything post shoulder reconstruction surgery. Thankfully it's winter and raining like something out of the Bible here in Melbourne lately.

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    Great to start hearing some ride reviews on this beast. I have a demo turning up this week for any SA or central QLD riders that want to give her a go. Might have to hit some of trails myself! Canít wait to see how she descends 🤙

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ive got nothing but positive things to say as well.

I just did back to back days on a super tech trail (middle black-lower black-grassy and upper [email protected] will know where Im talkin in Pisgah) the first day on the Paradox and the second day on my Rune--just for kicks. granted the Rune soaked up the roots and drops without a problem, but the Paradox is something special. Its just a completely different trail experience, and one I find I'm enjoying more and more. I feel like some crazy trail ninja! as has been stated, the climbing position is great. and its super easy to maneuver the bike around on the descents and put it right where you want it. You gotta pick a good line, but man this thing is fast and soo much fun! super tight on the corners and really predictable on the drops and roots, I was actually surprised the first drop I hit at how intuitive it was (I want to say easy, but thats not the right word) Im not too sure why, but when you get it up to speed, some magic happens for sure----

Im running it as 27.5+ and with a MRP Ribbon Air, and Im super stoked on both those decisions. fwiw, today is the first day I reached for the Rune in almost 2 months (since I built up the Paradox) and that was mainly just to compare the experience....and.....both were super fun, so I win?

WNC Native
    Cool, nice to hear it rips up our local trails!!

mtbr member

Banshee Paradox V3 Drop Bar Rigid

This unique Paradox almost semi-fat 29+ drop bar rigid fork build is coming together nicely.

Here are the specifications:
    Banshee Paradox V3 Alloy Frame Ė XL
    Carbon 29+ Rigid Fork Ė 500/51
    Cane Creek S-T Thudbuster Seatpost
    Salle Italia Max Gel Flow L3 Saddle
    Origin8 Gary Ergo Off-Road Drop Bars
    Shimano 2 X 11 Dual Control ST-RS505 Hydraulic Disc Brake/Shifter Set
    Dual Shimano BR-RS785 Calipers on Dual Avid 180 Rotors
    Halo Vortex 29 MT Supadrive (Clyde Strong) Enduro Wheelset
    Surly Extraterrestrial 29 X 2.5 Tires
    Shimano FC-MT900 Crankset - 175mm/32T
    AEST Ti Spindle Flat Pedals
    Shimano XT Long Cage Derailleur
    Sunrace 11-50 MX80 Cassette
    Wolf Tooth Tanpan SH11 Road to MTB Derailleur Adaptor

Still waiting on some cable housings and brake hoses to button it all up in the rear. The left lever shifter will not be used, but others tell me you can rig a seatpost dropper to it if you like (I donít think Iím willing to give up my comfortable Thudbuster seatpost anytime soon). Got the cockpit setup close to my fit running it as a single speed with front brake only. Fit feels really good in around the block tests, but only a couple long days and fast trail runs in the saddle will get everything fine tuned to know for sure.

Frame does feel very comfortable while vertical on the hard surfaces (albeit Iím running enormous Surly ETís with a Thudbuster). Cranking on the pedals or throwing it into a corner and there is no noticeable undesirable frame flex to be had. Steering feels great at low speeds, without any corner flop at all when turning in. Two thumbs up from me on those little single speed test rides so far.

I did put the bike on level ground and took actual head tube and seatpost angle readings using a 500mm axle-to-crown 51mm offset fork. Head tube came right in where expected at the ~67* sweet spot and the seatpost angle is ~74*.

Gearing will be low, but Iím not a crazy fast rider approaching 60 years old these days. It should prove to be a very versatile ride that will be performing multiple surface duties. The long reach and high stack has proved a great fit for my 6í 2.5Ē long upper torso body. Canít wait to get it out on the road, gravel and dry hardpack single track trails.

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    Sounds like a nice build! Check out this link if you want some insight into how good the paradox is off-road. I had a local SA shredder (mtbtelly) do a few reviews for us. This footage is the dox smashing a full blown DH track, sheís set up mullet style in this vid which seems to work well on the agro terrain 🤘 https://youtu.be/cktW_jCnUfY

mtbr member
    Had my LBS setup the brakes and shifters. She shifts like butter and stops on a dime. It's a surprising feel from a drop bar road brake and levers. This is my first drop bar hydraulic disc brake ride. They feel wonderful with simple one finger operation from the hoods or bar; like my XT MTB levers in responsiveness. The Halo MT Supadrive rear hub is also my first instant engagement hub. What a response to putting the power down! And that mellow swarm of locusts sound makes you giddy. Frame is super responsive too. If one word was to describe my first impressions for this build it would be "responsiveness."

Actual Headtube Angle with 500/51 rigid carbon fork
    https://i.imgur.com/ITi2TFC.jpg

Actual Seattube Angle (not measured from crank center)
    https://i.imgur.com/O5NMVLE.jpg

I took her out on our local ~12 mile mellow Fullerton Loop for the initial test ride without the bars wrapped (still adjusting position). Everything was going well until I ventured off trail for about 20 feet and noticed all the leaves stuck to my tires. Immediately stopped to pull them off expecting to find a bunch of sticky tree sap holding them on, but this is what I found in both tires.

https://i.imgur.com/BqGeeR5.png

Holy-Moly! 10 holes in one tube and 4 in the other. :-( Spent 15 minutes pulling torns and sticking them in my fingers in the process, then walked the bike to a local homeowner with an open garage door and asked to barrow a pair of teasers to remove the spikes that remained. I knew if I hopped back on it at that point all those remaining spikes would get pushed in by my Clydeness. Lol...

Limped home on all the slow leaks after airing up twice. The bike was awesome up to that point.

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    👌👌👌

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    After a handful of rides on my new Paradox I thought Iíd share some initial riding impressions. I originally got it to replace a Canfield Nimble 9, which Iíve ridden for the past couple years both geared and as a singlespeed, with 27.5+ and 29Ē wheels. Despite loving the N9 (and one I had before that), I was itching for something different. I got my Large raw frame and Bike Yoke Revive 160mm seatpost from Dirt Merchant Bicycles, who had everything sitting on my doorstep in less than a week. Thanks, Ethan!

First off, the raw frame is stunning. Beautiful welds, stout hydroformed tubing, precisely machined yokes/dropouts and just the right tint to the clearcoat. I expected it to look good from the photos, but seeing it in person is even better. Iíve built my bike up with parts mostly from my Canfield Ė X01 11sp drivetrain, Guide RSC brakes, Fox 34 130mm fork, I9 101/Flow MK3 29Ē wheels (new), Maxxis Rekon 29x2.6 tires (new), Race Face cockpit. Weight is around 26.5lb. ready to roll with pedals.

To this point, Iíve been riding it on rolling PNW singletrack, which has included a reasonably technical mix of roots, rounded rocks, punchy climbs/decents and grippy hero dirt. I havenít yet had it on anything terribly steep or uber-tech, but that will happen.

On the terrain Iíve ridden so far, itís immediately obvious how responsive the Paradox is - just think and it goes. The front end immediately responds to steering or weighting input and the bike jumps the moment you apply any pressure to the pedals. Itís makes climbing a breeze, between putting the power down effectively and being able to manueuver over climbing obstacles with instant response to your inputs. I was originally a little leery of the 65 degree head angle (mineís closer to 65.6 with a 130mm fork), but the bikeís geo has been spot on. It has remained composed on everything Iíve thrown at it so far. The front end doesnít wander on climbs, yet is stuck while cornering, the rear tracks well on descents, and the bike remains stable as speeds climb.

Comfort-wise, you do pay a price for all that responsiveness. While I expect the Paradox is indeed more compliant than other aluminum AM hardtails, itís still aluminum and rides like it. Coming off a series of steel hardtails (Canfields, Konas, Transition, Salsa, etc.), this was immediately noticeable and no amount of riding will change that. Itís just has a different feel with its own special character. Not bad, just different. After a few rides, my muscle memory has adapted and the Paradox is my new normal. Do I miss the feel of steel? Yeah, a little. But do I enjoy the improved geo, responsiveness, capability and speed of the Paradox? Absolutely.

So thatís my experience with a few rides under my belt. Iím really liking the Paradox and looking forward to logging more miles with it in the coming months.

Paradox V3-paradox-right-front.jpg

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    Nice work on the review, you summed her up very similar to my thoughts, Iím going to hit a shuttle day with my demo on the weekend to really test her out 🤙

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    Hereís a cockpit view of how she descends a gnarly DH track 🤙
    https://youtu.be/cktW_jCnUfY

mtbr member
    Paradox V3-20190907_154553.jpg

Getting near the end of season in the Rockies, only a few more rides left on the Paradox before the snow flies.
    Can't wait for Spring!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Paradox V3 - finally I get to ride it.

It's spring here in Australia and over winter I planned to ride a hardtail to reduce wear and tear on my FS bikes (Prime + Remedy).

On the first day of winter I had an accident and ruined my shoulder to the point where I required surgery - fast forward 18 weeks and I have finally been given clearance from my surgeon to ride (VERY GENTLY) on fire roads.

I know it's not the sort of riding or trails that I should put the Paradox on but any riding > no riding.

Anyway, it's superb, feels compliant and solid at the same time. The finish is beautiful and catches loads of positive comments.

I'm looking forward to seeing what it can really do when I get to ride it properly. One thing at a time though. Paradox V3-banshee-paradox-side.jpgParadox V3-banshee-paradox-front.jpg

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    She looks sweet 👌🤙

mtbr member
    Easiest pedaling bike I have owned! I can only guess itís the steep effective seat tube angle and wonderful high stack and long reach that fits me so well. My hat goes off to the frame designer. Simply an awesome ride all aroundÖ

After playing around with it in carbon fork drop bar form (wonderful that way), I built it out as it was intended. Swapped on a Rockshox Pike 130 RCT3 fork and Surly Sunrise 820 bars with Fabric Ergo grips and some old school Specialized bar ends placed inbound covered with ESI Chunkyís for comfort. Also added a pair of Crank Brothers Stamp 7ís (bent the Ti spindles on the AEST with my Clydeness) and a new Ergon SM Comp saddle (sweet butt pad). Had a pair of Clement FRJ 2.25ís sitting around, so I slapped those on the now full stealthed out rig and headed for the dirt.

Banshee Paradox V3 In The Wild
    https://i.imgur.com/LAVGxPq.png

It feels like my (sold because it didnít climb) SC Hightower that bombed downhill so fast you had to hold it back, only with a stiffer more responsive rear end. You can steer it with either end of the bike by simply shifting your weight forward and back, because it is so well balanced to my body size. But unlike the HT, this frame can climb too. Every stroke of the pedal is applied directly to the dirt.

Turned the BIG 6-0 on the life clock last month and so happy to find a geometry with the secret sauce I needed to stay in the hunt. Itís wonderful to be pedaling again.

PS: Since completing this build Iíve lost 15lbs. Another 25lbs and I lose my Clyde status. ;-)

Banshee Rush
    Jul 2019
    Looks like an awesome build mate, these things rock! Iím ridding her over the duallies for a lot of the local trails, and sheís not that far off the pace on even the more Argo DHs 🤙

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    All of the killer builds in here have me pretty stoked to get my frame. I ordered a yellow one last week.

My plan was to transfer all of my parts over from my Kona Big Honzo which is 27.5+. It looks like all of the builds in here are 29's. Anybody else running 27.5+ on theirs? I was kind of thinking about leaving the plus in the back and throwing a 29 on the front just to try it too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Paradox V3-9b00d3bc-5239-4e78-806e-edd1f636f72e.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by 05stroker View Post
    All of the killer builds in here have me pretty stoked to get my frame. I ordered a yellow one last week.

My plan was to transfer all of my parts over from my Kona Big Honzo which is 27.5+. It looks like all of the builds in here are 29's. Anybody else running 27.5+ on theirs? I was kind of thinking about leaving the plus in the back and throwing a 29 on the front just to try it too.

Iím running mine 27.5+. For the Winter WTB Rangers, 3.0 front, 2.8 rear on I9 Backcountry 360 Hydra wheels.

Super fun, but the smaller wheels have made the bottom bracket really low. No big deal if you ride wide open singletrack, but if you ride chunky [email protected] you just have to pay attention where your feet are a bit more. It actually adds to the fun a little.

Hope that made sense....

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 1x1Pilot View Post

Name:	9B00D3BC-5239-4E78-806E-EDD1F636F72E.jpeg 
Views:	109 
Size:	183.1 KB 
ID:	1299631

Iím running mine 27.5+. For the Winter WTB Rangers, 3.0 front, 2.8 rear on I9 Backcountry 360 Hydra wheels.

Super fun, but the smaller wheels have made the bottom bracket really low. No big deal if you ride wide open singletrack, but if you ride chunky [email protected] you just have to pay attention where your feet are a bit more. It actually adds to the fun a little.

Hope that made sense....
    Definitely makes sense. Good to know, I'm going with 170 cranks so that may help a little as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I picked up my frame on Thursday and got it built up over the last couple nights. I ended up replacing a few more things that I hadn't planned on, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. The only stuff I reused was the wheel set, fork, bars and brakes.

- Large yellow Paradox
    - 150mm Yari, 51 offset
    - Raceface 50mm stem
    - Renthal 40mm rise bars
    - BR-MT520 4 piston brakes 180/160
    - 170mm One Up dropper
    - Raceface 170mm Aeffect crank and BB
    - GX Eagle shifter/derailer
    - NX cassette due to the Shimano hubs
    - 27.5x2.8 Minion DHF
    - 27.5x2.8 Minion DHR II
    - And a sweet Chromag saddle

I'm 6'3" and still chose the large. Looking at the geo chart I'm right at the top. My Big Honzo was an XL with 510 reach and I felt every bit of that length. My full suspension ride is a Fezzari La Sal Peak and the Kona felt longer than that does. So I wanted something a little shorter and more playful for my hardtail. It's dumped 4 or 5 inches of rain here in the PNW the last 48 hours so I'll wait a few days for a proper ride. However, I'm already digging the feel so far just around the house. Here's a few pics.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Finally, over 6 months after building up my Paradox, I managed to ride it on a trail.

First ride in and unfortunately I really didn't gel with it.
    The STA made my riding position very nose heavy and that out pressure on my shoulders. Given that's what I have been recovering from I rode it home thinking I'll just sell it and move on.

What didn't help is that I'd set it up too firm in terms of tyre pressures and the fork wasn't behaving (despite just being serviced professionally).

I though hardtails are "not for me" and I'll stick to FS bikes.

My wife managed to get me to spend time tinkering with the set up so I put on a set of Lyriks at 160mm, a 2.4" tyre on the rear with an insert and dropped the pressure.

Ride two was so much better, and helped in no small part by the dropper post too.

Ride three, lowered pressures again front and rear, and I'm also adjusting to the STA, which feels comfortable and effective for power delivery. On the way around the trails it's feeling so smooth and supple, yet direct. I'd forgotten but one needs to be precise and deliberate with line choice. I caught myself thinking that if I had to ride it as my only bike it'd be a pleasure.

I get home, thank the wife for more wise counsel and cancel the for sale ads. I was THAT close to ditching it.

So, if you're going to try one and the updated geo or hardtails are new for you, give it a few rides to get used to it. And Keith, thanks for another great fun bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    I got out for a decent ride on Sunday. First impression, the bike is awesome! It is more compliant than the aluminum Big Honzo that I had. It handles really well and is very balanced. It feels very intuitive, it makes me want to play around and hit all the little bonus features along the trails.

I ordered a Hope Fortus 35 wheel set with pro 4 hubs. They came in yesterday. I swapped everything over and went for another ride today. Everything was great until I got home and felt some play in the rear wheel. Pulled it apart and the driveside hub bearing failed after a 9 mile ride.

Hopefully it's just a fluke and gets resolved quickly. It may just be new bike stoke, but I want to go ride it more. Which, with the Kona I was wondering if a hardtail was really for me.

mtbr member
    I got out for a decent ride on Sunday. First impression, the bike is awesome! It is more compliant than the aluminum Big Honzo that I had. It handles really well and is very balanced. It feels very intuitive, it makes me want to play around and hit all the little bonus features along the trails.
    Any more feedback? 05stroker or anyone else with a Paradox?
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I've got one in for review right now. Only one ride so far, but I'm digging it. More to come as I put more miles on it.

The yellow paint on mine chips really easily, but it's a beautiful frame.

Stack is quite high for a hardtail, but I like a tall stack

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    I got my rear hub sorted and have a few more rides on it. Still just as happy with it. It's a lot of fun. For me it just does what I expect it to, it's intuitive. I don't feel like I have to think about what I'm doing or fight with it to get it to do what I want. I know that changes from person to person and bike to bike, but for me this bike was exactly what I was looking for.

Some of the playful characteristics probably come from me being 6'3" and riding a large. I was a little worried it wouldn't be so confident at speed or on steeper terrain, but so far I have no issues and I'm glad I went with the large.

I haven't noticed any rock chips or anything in the paint, but I did drop part of the seat clamp and took a chip out of the seat stay. They do include touch up paint. If I had to do it over I may opt for the raw out of preference. The yellow is cool, it's more of a matte than I was expecting.

I also got my new wheels for my La Sal Peak so I am going to be taking the 29" Flow wheels and trying them on this as well. So far I really like the 27.5x2.8's.

Here's a couple pics of it on the trail with the new wheels and 203/180 rotors.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I second what 05stroker said. intuitive, fun and playful. my review from august still holds. Im still really, really, really enjoying this bike. the honeymoon isnt over. Ive reached my my full suspension for a total of 5 times since I got the Paradox, the FS just seems to mute the trail too much now. Im 5'11'' running a medium. I got it as a second option/muddy day bike and it has turned into my main ride. I put a coil fork on it the other day just cause I have one and I was curious, but I think I like the air more..the progressiveness of the air compliments the hardtail. anyway, so stoked on this bike!

mtbr member
    How would you guys describe the frame feel in terms off stiffness/harshness? I've been on steel hardtails for a long time since my last AL bike.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    my last hardtail I bought in the late 90's, so tbh Ive nothing to compare. I will say the Paradox doesn't feel harsh to me. Im sure theres someone here with some more current comparison insight.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    It's a different feeling than steel, and not all steel frames feel the same. I wouldn't describe it as "supple", I'd describe it as muted. It's a very comfortable rear end. I can feel they the front triangle is aluminum, but the rear does a great job not transferring bumps to the rider. It doesn't quite feel like steel. It feels like you're running cushcore to me. It's more damper and muted.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    How would you guys describe the frame feel in terms off stiffness/harshness? I've been on steel hardtails for a long time since my last AL bike.
    I'm definitely not the most qualified person in this area, but here's what I got. The only other hardtail I've ridden recently was the aluminum Kona Big Honzo that I took some of the parts from to build the Paradox. For comparison I was running the same tires at similar pressures and the same fork and bars. The Paradox for me feels smoother than the Kona. The back end seems to roll over rocks and roots easier. The Kona almost had a feeling like it would get hung up. Possibly the 74 degree STA and being positioned more over the back tire. Not quite sure. Standing and hitting things at speed it does feel better also, the Kona felt stiffer. It seems the formed tubing and machined bits in the rear end do exactly what they designed them to.

The frame seems to be laterally stiff which is good from my point of view. I'm 220 pounds for reference. I had a Felt 29" HT a few years ago and could watch the frame flex down at the BB when I'd stand and pedal. Don't get much of that with this frame.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with a steel framed HT to compare to.

mtbr member
    I would say it is more compliant than most other Al hardtails, and a bit stiffer than your average steel frame. I came from a Transition Trans Am, and after riding the Paradox for a while there is a bit of a difference. The Paradox is a lot more fun though, and part of the difference I feel may be due to the increase in fun factor, it feels more stable at speed and that probably results in the "oh sh*t, I'm coming into this rooty section too fast!" moments where you suddenly realize that a hardtail of any composition has its limits...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eeyore2012 View Post
    I second what 05stroker said. intuitive, fun and playful. my review from august still holds. Im still really, really, really enjoying this bike. Im 5'11'' running a medium. I got it as a second option/muddy day bike and it has turned into my main ride. anyway, so stoked on this bike!
    At 5'11" with long legs/shorter upper body I'm really hesitating between M and L frames. Although I don't do highspeed descents at all, I'm anxious the Medium would feel too small after a while. Too bad I can't test-ride these frames..

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BartVQ View Post
    At 5'11" with long legs/shorter upper body I'm really hesitating between M and L frames. Although I don't do highspeed descents at all, I'm anxious the Medium would feel too small after a while. Too bad I can't test-ride these frames..
    Come to Pisgah and Ill let you take mine for a spin!

I have the opposite situation as you. Ive got a long torso and t-rex arms and shorter legs. Bike shops always tried to get me on Larges, but Ive never felt comfirtable on them. The medium Paradox feels slightly bigger than my previous Mediums, but it fits like a glove now. My other bikes (both mediums, both not current generations) feel slightly less roomy, but theyre still comfortable and familiar. Not sure if thats any help

Quote Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
    The Paradox is a lot more fun though, and part of the difference I feel may be due to the increase in fun factor, it feels more stable at speed and that probably results in the "oh sh*t, I'm coming into this rooty section too fast!" moments where you suddenly realize that a hardtail of any composition has its limits...
    I do that almost every ride! "oh sh*t oh sh*t...Too fast!!" haha

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    Here's a video of my building mine up for those who are interested.

mtbr member
    Finally, over 6 months after building up my Paradox, I managed to ride it on a trail...
    Glad your better half kept you on your new rig. My experience was just the opposite. The Paradox felt wonderful from the first ride out of the gate. I truly think it is the best fitting bike I have ever owned, as well as, the easiest pedaling. All the right fit factors probably contribute greatly to the ease of pedaling feel. It really shines for me when Iím out of the saddle like no other bike. I donít get knee jammed in the cockpit with the wonderful reach.

Something that might help others that like a long reach rig for out of saddle pedaling is to go with a bar that sweeps back from the stem mount like the Surly Sunrise. A bar like this (without the forward bend before the sweep) gives a comfortable seated feel bringing the bars back to you a bit, yet when you stand to pedal thereís no knee jam. At least it works well for me.

Havenít been here in a while because Iím riding all the time! ;-)

Great to see all the new builds and positive reports. The stoke continues month after month. Itís mind boggling how it feels so great every ride. When I mix it up and use my Wolverine or ECR around town or at the beach, then get on this screamín Banshee itís almost like getting some strange. Did I really say that? Lol... Cheers all!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yep, I'm glad I listened to her too.

It's great to hear and see so many others loving the ride.

Bar choice is critical. Given how stiff the bike is, I need to go for a more compliant handlebar. 35mm diameter are giving me some arm pump..

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I feel like the front end of this bike is quite stiff. I've had to run my fork a bit softer than normal to compensate.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I recently switched from Race Face Next 35 bars to OneUp and have experienced a noticeable improvement. They manage to mute trail chatter a bit without losing any of the Paradox's responsive handling. I like them so much I'll be getting a pair for my FS bike too.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I have both of those bars and I can't tell a difference between the two. I like them both.

I took my paradox on hangover trail in Sedona today, and it did great.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    Paradox on hangover. There aren't many hardtails if feel comfortable riding on this trail.

shy of 60
    Aug 2014
    Thanks for the video. Now, what about your review / .02 cents on the v3 paradox? Enjoy your posts by the way.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I'll be filming a separate long-form review of the bike soon. I still need to try it with 27.5x2.8s then I'll be ready to summarize my thoughts.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    HP - How would you compare the Paradox V3 ride to your RSD Middlechild Aluminum and Titanium experiences? I currently own a medium Why S7 V2 and love the way it rides, but wished it was a little more stretched out. I would tend to believe a refined and butted aluminum tubeset like the Paradox would be close to the stiffer titanium offerings?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hardtail party View Post
    It's a different feeling than steel, and not all steel frames feel the same. I wouldn't describe it as "supple", I'd describe it as muted. It's a very comfortable rear end. I can feel they the front triangle is aluminum, but the rear does a great job not transferring bumps to the rider. It doesn't quite feel like steel. It feels like you're running cushcore to me. It's more damper and muted.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    Great question. I'll answer that exact question in my review video. I don't want to spill the beans quite yet. I haven't ridden the RSD Middlechild Aluminum yet, but I'm hoping to get one in soon to demo. I own the MC chromo and titanium, and I have a lot of experience with them. I've also ridden the S7. For my riding style, I prefer the geo of the MC and the Paradox over the S7. I talked to the designer of the S7 and begged him to make a longer version with a 65* hta, but it wasn't aligned with his goals for the bike, and I get that.

mtbr member
    Jul 2019
    Hey hardtail party, looking forward to your review. Can you go over fork offset for the Banshee? I'm building up a clear coat medium, starting off with 27.5 x 2.8 but would like to swap in 29 x 2.6 for some rides.. what fork travel and offset you think is best for that? Thanks

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I need more info to make a suggestion. I have a 42mm offset pike with 150mm travel. It works really well for where I ride.

mtbr member
    I'm curious, is that the only fork you have tried on the new Paradox, or did you try the recommended 44 offset or 46, or maybe even a 51mm offset? From my experience with the V2 how I set them up with an EHTA of around 65.5-66*, I still like 51 offset, wouldn't want anything more "stable feeling", so I'd stick to 46 offset for the new ones.

offset
    I need more info to make a suggestion. I have a 42mm offset pike with 150mm travel. It works really well for where I ride.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I only have two 29er forks, and both are 42mm offset. If anyone wants to send me a 51mm offset forknfll for my review, I'm happy to try it, but I don't have the budget to buy another fork. I ride 42mm offset on all my hardtails. I don't notice a huge difference between 51mm and 42mm.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I only have two 29er forks, and both are 42mm offset. If anyone wants to send me a 51mm offset forknfll for my review, I'm happy to try it, but I don't have the budget to buy another fork. I ride 42mm offset on all my hardtails. I don't notice a huge difference between 51mm and 42mm.
    If you don't notice the difference it would be fair to say there would be no point in you reviewing the difference's lol

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    Lol, True.

There's a noticeable difference, it's just not huge. I doubt my opinion of the frame would change at all based off a different offset fork.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    My review is finally live.

I'll be releasing more Paradox vids on my channel, so be sure to subscribe if you don't want to miss them.

TOP TIER LURKER
    I just ordered one of the few medium raws that are supposed to arrive later this month. The rarity of these V3 frames makes them even more desirable.
    life is... "All About Bikes"...

mtbr member
    Mar 2020
    Has anyone had a chance to compare the Paradox v3 to the Phantom v3? I'm leaning towards a hardtail again but not sure how much I'm giving up in terms of capability

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by leejohnh22 View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to compare the Paradox v3 to the Phantom v3? I'm leaning towards a hardtail again but not sure how much I'm giving up in terms of capability
    Not that it's a direct comparison but I have the Paradox V3 and V2 Prime.

Naturally the Prime is faster downhill but the Paradox is still rowdy enough.
    It gets up, over, across and down everything I point it at. It's also nowhere near as harsh as one might expect a hardtail to be.

Running 30mm 29" wheels with 2.6 front and 2.4 rears on it and it's smooth enough. At XL I'd prefer longer stays but that's my only (very minor) gripe.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Ok who in here is ready to sell me their Raw frame in Large? Patiently waiting for the next pre-order run.

TOP TIER LURKER
    My medium raw is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!!!!

TOP TIER LURKER
    Guys with the raw frame, how has the clear coat held up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgzilla View Post
    Guys with the raw frame, how has the clear coat held up?
    I didn't think the raw AL frames had a clear coat.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

beater
    My raw Titan does, and so did my Prime prototype. Itís not raw like a Knolly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evasive View Post
    My raw Titan does, and so did my Prime prototype. Itís not raw like a Knolly.
    Interesting. Thanks.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

TOP TIER LURKER
    They do indeed come clear coated. It's my understanding that the V1 and V2 frames were bare.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    My V3 Paradox is clear coated.
    Over the year with on and off riding it's held up on but I protected the entire Fram / most exposed parts with paddleboard protection tape.

It's like the AMS tape but not die cut. Coverage and protection is great.

The bottom bracket area and brace between seat stays and seat tube are a little chipped but overall it's holding up well.

Braaap
    All v2 and v3 "raw" frames have a clear coat. I'd prefer a true raw like Knolly, but the "tinted raw" that Banshee does on the v3s looks really nice.

Banshee does have a few pictures of proto frames and tube sets posted on their site that are a true raw which can be confusing.
    Dirt Merchant Bicycles

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    Really good clarification, thanks. I was wondering if that was a tinted clear coat or not.

beater
    The aluminum has a brushed pattern (looks awesome in person), so the clear coat makes sense. Buffing a scratch with steel wool would make that look pretty bad.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I recently swapped some parts around and ended up loving this bike even more.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Hey Hawzilla I'm brand new to the forums and I'm actually trying to find out how to get a hold of complete Paradox V3 build for my first bike. I really have no idea how this usually works so i'm trying to get any information I can. I contacted Banshee but haven't heard anything. No real luck on any local dealers. Like I said I'm new here so I hope nobody jumps me for asking "dumb" questions.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBrizzz View Post
    Hey Hawzilla I'm brand new to the forums and I'm actually trying to find out how to get a hold of complete Paradox V3 build for my first bike. I really have no idea how this usually works so i'm trying to get any information I can. I contacted Banshee but haven't heard anything. No real luck on any local dealers. Like I said I'm new here so I hope nobody jumps me for asking "dumb" questions.
    These appear to be sold out. Not sure why so few were produced. I ordered my frame through Dirt Merchant Bicycles in Colorado. They offer complete build kits as well. I suggest reaching out to them about the availability of this frame. Somebody, somewhere may possibly have a demo model available later in the year. I would think that Banshee would be the place to ask for that option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Can I just quickly ask what email you sent your inquiry to? We always try to reply ASAP so want to find out why you did not receive a response.

Paradox's are sold out globally. We make frames in small batches of 50 so that we can keep a better eye on QC, and demand has been higher than expected. Next Batch is in production and should land in US around end of July.

Pre-orders for these frames are already coming in, so I suggest that if you want to secure the size and colour you want that you contact your local dealer and let them know.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    May 2020
    These appear to be sold out. Not sure why so few were produced. I ordered my frame through Dirt Merchant Bicycles in Colorado. They offer complete build kits as well. I suggest reaching out to them about the availability of this frame. Somebody, somewhere may possibly have a demo model available later in the year. I would think that Banshee would be the place to ask for that option.
    Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. May try Dirt Merchant also.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Can I just quickly ask what email you sent your inquiry to? We always try to reply ASAP so want to find out why you did not receive a response.

Paradox's are sold out globally. We make frames in small batches of 50 so that we can keep a better eye on QC, and demand has been higher than expected. Next Batch is in production and should land in US around end of July.

Pre-orders for these frames are already coming in, so I suggest that if you want to secure the size and colour you want that you contact your local dealer and let them know.
    Hey man yeah sorry if it sounded like I've been waiting for a while...I actually just reached out yesterday. Wasn't intending to make it seem like there was a slack response on your teams end, rather just trying to find out what to do next to try and get a bike. Didn't know anything about pre-orders so that is helpful. I will just follow the instructions once you guys respond to my inquiry. Excited about the bikes and thanks for the response.

mtbr member

Same colors for the next batch?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I jokingly made a post on here saying I was ready to buy anyone's size Large raw Paradox as I didn't think anyone was willing to part with one....but I received an IM and a few weeks later...here I am riding a Paradox V3. Of course I had to piece it together using extra parts laying around the garage and stealing a few off my Evil Calling while I service the frame. In the meantime, riding the hodgepodge while waiting for my wheelset, grips, drivetrain to come in.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox V3-ban01.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by w8kbrder View Post
    I jokingly made a post on here saying I was ready to buy anyone's size Large raw Paradox as I didn't think anyone was willing to part with one....but I received an IM and a few weeks later...here I am riding a Paradox V3. Of course I had to piece it together using extra parts laying around the garage and stealing a few off my Evil Calling while I service the frame. In the meantime, riding the hodgepodge while waiting for my wheelset, grips, drivetrain to come in.

That's awesome man! I've contacted a dealer and I'm working with them now to get hooked up. How do you like the bike as it is right now? What equipment are you going to put on it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    Same colors for the next batch?
    Yes, due to popular demand we will be running another 30 yellow frames long side the raw tint.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I'll be going with a single-speed setup for now. 32 x 18. When I'm not running single-speed, I'll have a Sram X01 Cassette & Shifter, XX1 Derailleur, and XX1 chain. Rockshox Pike RCT3 150mm fork. Hope Tech 3 brakes. Lacing up some 35mm carbon ebay rims to DT Swiss 240s w/ xray spokes.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    Will you be using an eccentric bb, or a chain tensioner? I've been tempted to run mine SS.

mtbr member
    Yes, due to popular demand we will be running another 30 yellow frames long side the raw tint.
    Sold! Can't wait on the yellow!

mtbr member
    May 2009

Is that timeframe likely for global distribution (Switzerland)?
    When I ordered mine, dealer said he had one in stock and it would be here in April, then I was postponed to June, and now it will probably be End of July? What a bummer I will definetly be pretty bummed if my dealer will screw it up another time. When he did not place my preorder this time, I will definetly start complaining a lot.

Bernhard in Germany had a frame but he was not allowed to sell it to Switzerland, I could not get to Germany because of the Corona Thing and the import guys in Switzerland seem to be a little bit less competent then I would like... grrr.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmX View Post
    Is that timeframe likely for global distribution (Switzerland)?
    When I ordered mine, dealer said he had one in stock and it would be here in April, then I was postponed to June, and now it will probably be End of July? What a bummer I will definetly be pretty bummed if my dealer will screw it up another time. When he did not place my preorder this time, I will definetly start complaining a lot.

Bernhard in Germany had a frame but he was not allowed to sell it to Switzerland, I could not get to Germany because of the Corona Thing and the import guys in Switzerland seem to be a little bit less competent then I would like... grrr.
    I can't comment on this as I don't know all the facts, but I'm sure your dealer, like may out there has been doing their best to get you a frame ASAP, these have been selling out faster than our welder can weld them.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I wish you would do a special edition. Like for old guys who want too upgrade older HT but are to cheap to give up nice rear wheel with narrow hub. Wishing for modular dropouts. Or if anyone knows of a shop that still has a boost adapter for American classic....
    Last edited by Turd; 06-05-2020 at 10:21 AM. Reason: failed spelling test

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Ok, looking for someone to answer a few questions relating to the Paradox. I'm thinking about a new hardtail frame for some fun. My current hardtail frame is still running 26" wheels, with 150mm revelations. It's non-boost of course, but I'm wondering in this day of 650, 650 plus and 29 if this frame would work with 26" wheels. I can get a boost spacer kit or try and get a new rear wheel built with a boost hub?

What are peoples views (Keith?), it would save a lot of money replacing everything by creating a new (third) bike and the storage issues (either in my shed for bikes, or for my clothes when the wife kicks me out)?
    2020 Whyte 403 (kids)
    2020 Trek Wahoo 20 (kids)
    2015 Dartmoor Primal
    2014 Banshee Spitfire

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by m1tch666 View Post
    Ok, looking for someone to answer a few questions relating to the Paradox. I'm thinking about a new hardtail frame for some fun. My current hardtail frame is still running 26" wheels, with 150mm revelations. It's non-boost of course, but I'm wondering in this day of 650, 650 plus and 29 if this frame would work with 26" wheels. I can get a boost spacer kit or try and get a new rear wheel built with a boost hub?

What are peoples views (Keith?), it would save a lot of money replacing everything by creating a new (third) bike and the storage issues (either in my shed for bikes, or for my clothes when the wife kicks me out)?
    The problem you will have is BB height... you'll not have and pedal clearance with 26" wheels. I'm afraid that you'll have to invest in some new wheels with the frame.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    The problem you will have is BB height... you'll not have and pedal clearance with 26" wheels. I'm afraid that you'll have to invest in some new wheels with the frame.
    Cheers Keith, might be an excuse to add to the garage.....old school hardtail, new school hardtail.
    2020 Whyte 403 (kids)
    2020 Trek Wahoo 20 (kids)
    2015 Dartmoor Primal
    2014 Banshee Spitfire

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Will you be using an eccentric bb, or a chain tensioner? I've been tempted to run mine SS.
    You know I love the idea of the eccentric BB...makes total sense and eliminates the need for another external item hanging off the bike. However I haven't run into anyone thats used one so I never pulled the trigger and always had several of my tensioners laying around so am using one of those. Right now I'm waiting for a shimano driver for my I9 Torch hubs. I stole the wheelset off of my Evil Calling.

Its incredibly fun as a SS. A close friend of mine lives in Roanoke, VA. I meet up there to ride Carvin's Cove every few months. He rides a SS Pivot hardtail and absolutely rips which inspired me to run a SS again. Just so nice to have that oldschool BMX bike feel....no gears just get up and go.

Steve - if you are interested in a SS setup, I highly recommend looking into a company out of Asheville, NC called Endless Bikes. Shauna is a friend of my cousin and she makes incredible SS 7075-T6 alloy "Kickass" Cogs that are a full quarter inch wide at the splines so no gouging your driver! She has a lot of close friends at Indusry Nine and makes a killer product. I've been using her Cogs, Fibonacci Cassette Spacer Kit, and Narrow/Wide Chainrings for about 6 years now. Same color selection as I9 products. Would love to see Hardtail Party link up w/ Endless.

https://endlessbikes.com/

https://www.instagram.com/endlessbikegirl/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox V3-20200605_144453_1224x595.jpg  

Paradox V3-20200605_144533_1224x595.jpg  

Paradox V3-20200605_144526_1224x595.jpg  

Paradox V3-img_3990-scaled.jpg  

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    I reached out to Shauna, and she was the most friendly person I've ever contacted in the industry. Super impressed with her. Unfortunately she's such a small operation that it's not financially feasible for her to send me product. I'm familiar with her stuff, and I hope to run it one day.

I just received an eccentric BB in the mail an hour ago. I'll be experimenting with it on my paradox to see if I can get SS to work well for me. It's SUPER heavy, but if I can run it without a tensioner, that'd be awesome.

Which tensioner are you using, and how do you like it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I reached out to Shauna, and she was the most friendly person I've ever contacted in the industry. Super impressed with her. Unfortunately she's such a small operation that it's not financially feasible for her to send me product. I'm familiar with her stuff, and I hope to run it one day.

I just received an eccentric BB in the mail an hour ago. I'll be experimenting with it on my paradox to see if I can get SS to work well for me. It's SUPER heavy, but if I can run it without a tensioner, that'd be awesome.

Which tensioner are you using, and how do you like it?
    Shoot thats a bummer. I'm tempted just to ship you two of my Endless cogs (16t & 19t) to borrow/test. Used but in perfect shape. I run 32x16 around town/flowly tracks.....32x19 in the steep stuff. Her products are worth every penny and they look awesome too. I know she makes it out to Sedona occasionally. What size rear cog do you think you would run?

I've used a few different tensioners over the years. Was originally using rear mech hanger types like the Surley Singulator. However, I've come to prefer the ones that mount like a bash guard. Makes it easier to remove the rear wheel to service and one less item hanging out there to get messed up.

Blackspire Stinger is pretty good and not too pricey.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Blackspire...RoC9NQQAvD_BwE

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    What Eccen BB did you end up going with? I looked at Phil Wood BBs. Pretty solid but def heavy.

hardtail partier
    Oct 2012
    It's made by "first components." I'll make a video of the process and see if I can get away without needing a half link.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    It's made by "first components." I'll make a video of the process and see if I can get away without needing a half link.
    Nice. I think my big question is, what kind of ecccentric BBs out there (if any) will fit a 30mm spindle. I run RF Sixc and Sram Eagle Dub cranksets w/ 30mm spindles.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I see Origin8 makes one but only for 24mm spindle. Couldn't find specs on weight. I'm sure they're all heavy duty. Would be nice if someone made a lightweight setup.

Revolvr Eccentric PF30 Bottom Bracket

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I will add to the people looking for a frame. Anyone looking to sell a medium frame send me a message

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Really excited because the new frames should be shipping this week or next week based on the original estimate! On a side note as a newbie to building my own bike I had no idea it was going to be so expensive and now my wife jokes about me getting a part-time job just to pay for the bike! I told her my budget was 2500...... I have doubled that!

mtbr member
    Really excited because the new frames should be shipping this week or next week based on the original estimate! On a side note as a newbie to building my own bike I had no idea it was going to be so expensive and now my wife jokes about me getting a part-time job just to pay for the bike! I told her my budget was 2500...... I have doubled that!
    Hoping Keith might be able to confirm this, I missed out on the last large raw frame available a few weeks ago because of some of lifeís procrastinations so Iíve had my name on one from the next batch. Iíve pretty much got all parts ready for my build now!...

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Hoping Keith might be able to confirm this, I missed out on the last large raw frame available a few weeks ago because of some of lifeís procrastinations so Iíve had my name on one from the next batch. Iíve pretty much got all parts ready for my build now!...
    Yeah I don't have confirmation on ship date yet but last I heard they should be on the way within the next week. I wanted the raw frame but was only able to get the yellow. I'm still super pumped. I'm a lover of green more than a yellow but I think the bike looks great either way. How long have you been building your own bikes? Anything you would have done differently on your very first build? Just curious.

mtbr member
    Yeah I don't have confirmation on ship date yet but last I heard they should be on the way within the next week. I wanted the raw frame but was only able to get the yellow. I'm still super pumped. I'm a lover of green more than a yellow but I think the bike looks great either way. How long have you been building your own bikes? Anything you would have done differently on your very first build? Just curious.
    Iíve always built my own bikes, probably from the late 90ís.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Latest Paradox production is just in paint currently, so should be able to start shipping in the next week or so... so on schedule to land in US end of July/ early August provided the virus doesn't affect shipping or slow down customs.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Out of curiosity, from a product management point of view, is there anything stopping you from changing the colour or adding a new one at any time?

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    If anyone has an XL frame they would like to sell Iíll add myself to the list.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Not really in terms of production, other than we need to do a minimum of 25 in any colour, and have tested new colour ahead of production. For us the hassle comes with management of sales side... need new photos, new part numbers, existing stock can be seen as old (despite being identical except for colour) etc..
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

TOP TIER LURKER
    I'm digging my PV3! Rides solid, yet fairly compliant. Not like steel, but better than the average alloy frame. A friend who has a modern geo CF HT was appreciating the compliance of my PV3 when he rolled around on it over the rough the other day. For it's considerable wheelbase, it turns tight on switchbacks. I am running a 130mm 2020 Revelation RC fork on it which gives it somewhere around a 65.5 HTA, I believe. Seems balanced for me. I thought it might feel lazy in the front but it is lively. The BB is lower than other hardtail frames I've had and although it doesn't roll as low through the exposed rocks as a FS frame often does when compressed, I still have to watch my route a bit because it does strike the pedals and crank ends if you are careless. I'm 5' 8.5" tall, using a 40mm stem and I might try a 50mm. It's a tall up front and that takes a bit of time to get used to. Climbs fine and when it's pointed DH, hold on tight because it wants to go! I've got a the Raw finish and everyone who has seen it says it's stunning. Getcha one!

Just Ride!
    The BB is lower than other hardtail frames I've had and although it doesn't roll as low through the exposed rocks as a FS frame often does when compressed, I still have to watch my route a bit because it does strike the pedals and crank ends if you are careless.
    Anyone else experiencing this? What is your static BB height with a 130 fork?

TOP TIER LURKER
    Quote Originally Posted by kustomz View Post
    Anyone else experiencing this? What is your static BB height with a 130 fork?
    Don't get me wrong, it wasn't meant to be a complaint. It's that long and low modern geo design that mountain bikes have these days. No issue with pedal strikes on my former 2017 Jabberwocky, comparatively.

BB height is approximately 12" with 130mm fork.

mtbr member
    Just got my L Yellow frame. Unfortunately will take a month or two finish the build...

Just Ride!
    Don't get me wrong, it wasn't meant to be a complaint. It's that long and low modern geo design that mountain bikes have these days. No issue with pedal strikes on my former 2017 Jabberwocky, comparatively.

BB height is approximately 12" with 130mm fork.
    This is good information. I have owned a Gary Fisher back in the day that had similar BB height and it was tough to deal with. My current Vassago JabberWocky and On-One Scandal are both at 13" so maybe the new school geo's are not for me. This is coming from someone that does not like to ratchet pedals, but just ride. Got some thinking to do.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Not really in terms of production, other than we need to do a minimum of 25 in any colour, and have tested new colour ahead of production. For us the hassle comes with management of sales side... need new photos, new part numbers, existing stock can be seen as old (despite being identical except for colour) etc..
    Ah fair enough, I'm really interested in learning more about product management and the decisions of a boutique brand vs large (Specialized).

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Hard Coat clear would be a cool color.
    Looks like a battle ship gray. Works on 7075 T51, no clue on the welds. (US aerospace ano)

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    This is good information. I have owned a Gary Fisher back in the day that had similar BB height and it was tough to deal with. My current Vassago JabberWocky and On-One Scandal are both at 13" so maybe the new school geo's are not for me. This is coming from someone that does not like to ratchet pedals, but just ride. Got some thinking to do.
    BB height with a 130mm fox 34 (44mm offset) and maxxis 2.4" tires is 12.7".
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hambocairns View Post
    Ah fair enough, I'm really interested in learning more about product management and the decisions of a boutique brand vs large (Specialized).
    one of the biggest factors is probably that we are only 3 people globally. Specialized probably have 10 times that per state.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd View Post
    Hard Coat clear would be a cool color.
    Looks like a battle ship gray. Works on 7075 T51, no clue on the welds. (US aerospace ano)

I like the idea of this... however...
    Hard anodizing (which I believe is what thus refers to) is an amazingly strong finish, but it's horrendous for the environment, and illegal in many countries I believe. This is different to standard anodizing, much thicker and stronger acids required and more power. If we did want to hard anodizes the frame, the other issues are getting a supplier who can anodize a whole frame at once (hard ano is normally reserved for small parts), the cost would likely put paradox frame only price well over $1k... and lastly... it's very hard... but brittle, if you do it on a thin tube or parts that have any flex at all it can actually result in a weaker product that cracks more easily.

(I learned a lot of this stuff the hard way when experimenting with the idea of a magnesium frame with Keronite coating... amazing on paper, not so much in reality.

I do like different raw finishes, and will try and get a sample done with a 'raw' ano (regular) finish, perhaps laser etching in minimalist graphics or something...would look cool and avoids the oxidizing which is reason we don't offer pure raw frames.

We are open to ideas for limited edition colour runs, so if you want to suggest any then feel free... please jst supply images of colours and give colour codes.
    Banshee Bikes Designer
    www.bansheebikes.com
    Banshee Blog

Just Ride!
    BB height with a 130mm fox 34 (44mm offset) and maxxis 2.4" tires is 12.7".
    Okay, you have my attention again! I can certainly get along with those BB numbers. Also, the biggest draw for me is the stack height... finally someone get's it. Hopefully my timing is right on finances and I can get it on this batch or frames.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Has anyone had a problem using 175mm crank with the low bb? Is there even an advantage to using 175 over 170? Building paradox 29er trail bike. I'm 6'2" so I read the 175 may be more comfortable. If my question sounds dumb then laugh at me as long as you answer me. Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Has anyone had a problem using 175mm crank with the low bb? Is there even an advantage to using 175 over 170? Building paradox 29er trail bike. I'm 6'2" so I read the 175 may be more comfortable. If my question sounds dumb then laugh at me as long as you answer me. Thanks
    I'm running 170's on my size large. I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam. I'm running a 150mm Yari on the front and 27.5 x 2.8 tires. I haven't had any issues with pedal strikes so far.

There's all kinds of info out there on crank length, but I think rule of thumb is 20% of your inseam.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    I'm running 170's on my size large. I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam. I'm running a 150mm Yari on the front and 27.5 x 2.8 tires. I haven't had any issues with pedal strikes so far.

There's all kinds of info out there on crank length, but I think rule of thumb is 20% of your inseam.

Thanks man that's actually helpful feedback. Appreciate it

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Regardless what crank, this thing scrubs the deck quite a bit. I'm a pretty finessed rider. I normally ride an Evil Calling (which is super low as it is). I'm already used to a super low bottom bracket so my riding style has adjusted to compensate for that. However I will say my Banshee (as much as it rips) has WAY more pedal strikes that my Evil Calling would in the X-Low bottom bracket setting. I'm running 27.5 wheelset w/ 2.8 Maxxis Rekons. I've got a 175mm crank on mine w/ a Fox Elite 140mm fork. I'm 6'3. Never had an issue w/ the 175mm crank.

Was originally running 2.6s but currently running Maxxis 2.8 Rekons. I will say those tires completed the bike for me. As steve's video mentions on the Hardtail Party youtube channel, the frame is definintely "muted" in the rear...but those 2.8s complemented that muted feeling to give it a real plush ride that doesn't slip/slide out like I was on 2.6s. I think the icing on the cake would be a Rockshox Pike RCT3 150mm. I'll be swapping mine back to a Single Speed here soon. I just love the old BMX type of feel and this bike got close to it.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paradox V3-20200615_182459_1224x595.jpg  

Paradox V3-20200615_182416_595x1224.jpg  

Paradox V3-20200615_182509_1224x595.jpg  

Paradox V3-20200606_192912_1224x595.jpg  

Paradox V3-img_20200616_163909_1224x595.jpg  

Paradox V3-20200615_182423_595x1224.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Sweet ride man. Like the wheelset alot. I'm going to run DT Swiss EX511 with assegei front aggressor rear....got the 130mm pike fork just because it wasn't crazy expensive but still seems solid. What dropper post is that?

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Does anyone know if the Geo Chart on Bansheeís website shows numbers with or without sag?

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Sweet ride man. Like the wheelset alot. I'm going to run DT Swiss EX511 with assegei front aggressor rear....got the 130mm pike fork just because it wasn't crazy expensive but still seems solid. What dropper post is that?
    Thanks. Its a super fun bike. Its a Fox Transfer 125mm post.

Just Ride!
    Sorry to be a pain, but can anyone that is referencing their BB height edit their post or future post to reflect 29 or 27.5+ Thank you!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    one of the biggest factors is probably that we are only 3 people globally. Specialized probably have 10 times that per state.
    Wow, I wasn't comparing you by the way, just intrigued as to how small teams make amazing products!

TOP TIER LURKER
    I only ever run 175s on a mountain bike. Lots of steep, prolonged climbing in my region so the added leverage is appreciated. Longer cranks play a part in pedal strikes. It is what it is. When riding a hardtail, you have to pick your lines carefully compared to plowing through on a FS bike. Picking your lines carefully includes minimizing pedals strikes.

TOP TIER LURKER
    Sorry to be a pain, but can anyone that is referencing their BB height edit their post or future post to reflect 29 or 27.5+ Thank you!
    For me, I'm rolling on 29X2.3 tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast